MADHYA PRADESH P.S.C. (Pre.) exam of the year 2016 held on dated 31 May, 2016. We are giving 100 questions of General Studies of this exam with answers.
1. Which one of the following countries shares the longest land frontier with India?
(a) China (b) Nepal (c) Pakistan (d) Bangladesh (Ans : d)
2. Which of the following is the highest peak of South India?
(a) Anai Mudi (b) Doda Betta (c) Guru Shikhar (d) Mahendragiri (Ans : a)
3. Between which two mountain ranges is the Valley of Kashmir situated?
(a) Ladakh and Zanskar (b) Great Himalayas and Pir Panjal
(c) Great Himalayas and Zanskar (d) Karakoram and Ladakh (Ans : b)
4. Arrange the following Indian States in descending order of their geographical areas–
1. Rajasthan 2. Tamil Nadu 3. Maharashtra 4. Karnataka
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4 (b) 3, 1, 4, 2 (c) 1, 3, 4, 2 (d) 3, 4, 1, 2 (Ans : c)
5. Which of the following islands of India has volcanic origin?
(a) Barren (b) Car Nicobar (c) Little Nicobar (d) North Andaman (Ans : a)
6. Among the following, which one is related to Blue Revolution in India?
(a) Floriculture (b) Sericulture (c) Pisciculture (d) Horticulture (Ans : c)
7. The boundary line between India and Pakistan is an example of–
(a) superimposed boundary (b) antecedent boundary (c) relict boundary (d) subsequent boundary (Ans : a)
8. Which of the following coastal areas of India was affected by ‘Hudhud Cyclone’?
(a) Andhra Pradesh coast (b) Kerala coast (c) Chennai coast (d) Bengal coast (Ans : a)
9. Which of the following water reservoirs is built on Chambal River?
(a) Nagarjuna Sagar (b) Rana Pratap Sagar (c) Vindhya Sagar (d) Rihand (Ans : b)
10. Which among the following has the largest shipyard in India?
(a) Kolkata (b) Cochin (c) Mumbai (d) Vishakhapatnam (Ans : b)
11. The power plant at Manikaran, based on geothermal energy, is located in the State of–
(a) Arunachal Pradesh (b) Jammu and Kashmir (c) Himachal Pradesh (d) Uttarakhand (Ans : c)
12. Badlands of Madhya Pradesh are the result of–
(a) gully erosion (b) sheet erosion (c) overgrazing (d) wind erosion (Ans : a)
13. When was the ‘Central Ganga Authority’ established in India?
(a) 1998 (b) 1972 (c) 2001 (d) 1985 (Ans : d)
14. Which one of the following states is related with ‘Silent Valley Project’?
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Himachal Pradesh (c) Kerala (d) Tamil Nadu (Ans : c)
15. Golden Quadrilateral Project of India joins–
(a) Delhi : Mumbai : Chennai : Kolkata (b) Delhi : Jhansi : Bengaluru : Kanyakumari
(c) Srinagar : Delhi : Kanpur : Kolkata (d) Porbandar : Bengaluru : Kolkata : Kanpur (Ans : a)
16. Potato is a–
(a) root (b) fruit (c) tuber (d) bulb (Ans : c)
17. Which gas is known as ‘noble gas’?
(a) Hydrogen (b) Oxygen (c) Helium (d) Carbon dioxide (Ans : c)
18. The largest gland in human body is–
(a) pancreas (b) liver (c) salivary gland (d) adrenal gland (Ans : b)
19. Mammals respire by–
(a) gills (b) trachea (c) skin (d) lungs (Ans : d)
20. Vinegar is chemically known as–
(a) acetic acid (b) butyric acid (c) formic acid (d) tartaric acid (Ans : a)
21. Myopia is the disorder of which organ?
(a) Heart (b) Ear (c) Eye (d) Kidney (Ans : c)
22. Which one of the following is not the unit of heat?
(a) calorie (b) kilocalorie (c) kilojoule (d) watt (Ans : d)
23. The liquid/liquids used in simple barometer is/are–
(a) water (b) mercury (c) alcohol (d) All of the above (Ans : b)
24. Which one of the following is not a fossil fuel?
(a) Coal (b) Petroleum (c) Natural gas (d) Uranium (Ans : d)
25. Which one of the following is a renewable source of energy?
(a) Coal (b) Nuclear energy (c) Petrol (d) Solar energy (Ans : d)
26. The formal and real beginning of Five-year plans is said to have started in Madhya Pradesh from–
(a) Third Five-year plan (b) Second Five-year plan (c) First Five-year plan (d) 11th November, 1956 (Ans : d)
27. Starch is a–
(a) monosaccharide (b) disaccharide (c) polysaccharide (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
28. Trophic level-I includes–
(a) herbivorous animals (b) carnivorous animals (c) omnivorous animals (d) green plants (Ans : d)
29. Pasteurization is related to–
(a) sterilization of milk (b) dehydration of milk (c) fermentation of milk (d) distillation of milk (Ans : a)
30. Ozone hole is caused by–
(a) acetylene (b) ethylene (c) chlorofluorocarbons (d) methane (Ans : c)
31. Who among the following environmentalists is known by the name of ‘Jal Purush’?
(a) Sunderlal Bahuguna (b) Rajendra Singh (c) B. Venkateswarlu (d) Salim Ali (Ans : b)
32. Who is the protagonist of Chipko Movement ?
(a) Medha Patkar (b) M.S. Swaminathan (c) Sunderlal Bahuguna (d) Chandi Prasad Bhatt (Ans : c)
33. Which of the following institution is not related with environment?
(a) Centre for Science and Environment (b) Botanical Survey of India
(c) Indian Wildlife Institute (d) Survey of India (Ans : d)
34. In which year was the Wildlife Protection Act enforced in India?
(a) 1972 (b) 1980 (c) 1970 (d) 1975 (Ans : a)
35. Which one of the following States recorded the lowest population density in Census 2011?
(a) Mizoram (b) Arunachal Pradesh (c) Sikkim (d) Nagaland (Ans : b)
36. By which department was the ‘e-Sahyag’ Project launched in October 2015?
(a) Sales Tax (b) Income Tax (c) Excise Duty (d) Road Tax (Ans : b)
37. During his visit to India, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook had gone to visit which of the following?
(a) Red fort (b) Gateway of India (c) Taj Mahal (d) Qutb Minar (Ans : c)
38. Where was the G-20 Summit held in November 2015 ?
(a) Paris, France (b) Antalya, Turkeys (c) Vienna, Austria (d) London, England (Ans : b)
39. Which one of the following countries is not a member of G-8?
(a) Russia (b) Britain (c) Spain (d) Canada (Ans : c)
40. The author of the Killer Instinct is–
(a) Sulakshan Mohan (b) M.K. Santhanam (c) O.P. Sabharwal (d) Subhash Jain (Ans : c)
41. Which of the following is a submarine of Indian Navy?
(a) INS Viraat (b) INS Sindhurakshak (c) INS Rajali (d) INS Vikrant (Ans : b)
42. Which of the following is not one of the BRICS countries?
(a) Brazil (b) Russia (c) South Africa (d) Canada (Ans : d)
43. Who was appointed as an Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund in November 2015?
(a) Subir Gokaran (b) Jayant Sinha (c) Raghuram Rajan (d) Y.V. Reddy (Ans : a)
44. Shooting World Cup, 2017 will be held in–
(a) Japan (b) China (c) India (d) Sri Lanka (Ans : c)
45. ‘National Unity Day’ is observed in India in the memory of which national leader on his birthday?
(a) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia (b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (c) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (Ans : c)
46. Which institution has been called as ‘caged parrot’?
(a) Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) (b) Press Trust of India (PTI)
(c) Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) (d) Border Security Force (BSF) (Ans : c)
47. Madhya Pradesh Laghu Udyog Nigam was established in–
(a) 1958 (b) 1961 (c) 1963 (d) 1970 (Ans : b)
48. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was passed in–
(a) 2004 (b) 2005 (c) 2007 (d) 2010 (Ans : b)
49. Where is Gold Export Promotion Park situated?
(a) Indore (b) Pithampur (c) Bina (d) Mandideep (Ans : a)
50. The population of Madhya Pradesh, according of Census 2011, is–
(a) 7.2 crores (b) 6.2 crores (c) 6.5 crores (d) 7.5 crores (Ans : a)