MADHYA PRADESH P.S.C. (Pre.) exam of the year 2016 held on dated 31 May, 2016. We are giving 100 questions of General Studies of this exam with answers.
( Read Previous Questions No. 1 to 50 )
51. According to Census 2011, the district of maximum population in Madhya Pradesh is–
(a) Jabalpur (b) Sagar (c) Indore (d) Bhopal (Ans : c)
52. The economy of Madhya Pradesh is–
(a) agriculture dominant (b) capital dominant (c) industry dominant (d) None of the above (Ans : a)
53. Mineral Policy was declared in Madhya Pradesh in the year–
(a) 1995 (b) 1999 (c) 2002 (d) 2004 (Ans : a)
54. The objectives/ objectives of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is/are–
(a) connecting village to main road (b) constructing concrete road (c) Both (a) and (b) (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
55. The cause/ causes of backwardness of industries in Madhya Pradesh is/are–
(a) lack of finance (b) lack of energy (c) lack of raw material (d) All of the above (Ans : a)
56. 1024 kilobytes are equal to–
(a) 1 megabyte (b) 1 gigabyte (c) 10 kilobyte (d) 1024 bytes (Ans : a)
57. The basic unit of Excel spread-sheet where we enter data is known as–
(a) tab (b) box (c) cell (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
58. Which web browser was developed by Google?
(a) Internet Explorer (b) Firefox (c) Safari (d) Chrome (Ans : d)
59. Who is the Chief of Wipro Company?
(a) Azim Premji (b) Ratan Tata (c) Anil Ambani (d) Aditya Birla (Ans : a)
60. What is the virus that spreads in computer ?
(a) Hardware (b) Computer Program (c) Ant (d) System software (Ans : b)
61. The word ‘Spam’ is related to which subjects?
(a) Computer (b) Arts (c) Music (d) Sports (Ans : a)
62. Which of the following is a search engine?
(a) Baidu (b) Packets (c) Cookies (d) None of the above (Ans : a)
63. Which of the following devices is compulsory for videoconferencing?
(a) Printer (b) Scanner (c) Webcam (d) Mouse (Ans : c)
64. What is the full form of http?
(a) Hypertext Transfer Program (b) Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(c) Hypertool Transfer Program (d) Hypertool Transfer Protocol (Ans : b)
65. Under which one of the following sections of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Rule, 1995, constitution of ‘District Level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee’ has been provided?
(a) Section 18 (b) Section 19 (c) Section 17 (d) Section 16 (Ans : c)
66. Which of the following sections of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Act, 1989 provides for application of certain provisions of the Indian Penal Code?
(a) Section 12 (b) Section 10 (c) Section 6 (d) Section 8 (Ans : c)
67. Who has/have the power of make rules for carrying out the purposes of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989?
(a) The State Government (b) The Central Government (c) Both (a) and (b) (d) The Supreme Court (Ans : b)
68. Under which of the following Sections of the scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Act, 1989 is anticipatory bail prohibited?
(a) Section 16 (b) Section 17 (c) Section 18 (d) Section 19 (Ans : c)
69. ‘Dhupgarh’, the highest peak of Madhya Pradesh, is located in–
(a) Mahadeo Hills (b) Rajpipla Hills (c) Maikal Range (d) Kaimur Hills (Ans : a)
70. Which range acts as a water divide between Yamuna and Son?
(a) Bhandar (b) Kaimur (c) Maikal (d) Mukundwara (Ans : b)
71. Where is ‘Pachmarhi’, the only hill station of Madhya, Pradesh, situated?
(a) Rajpipla Hills (b) Mahdeo Hills (c) Maikal Range (d) Gawilgarh Hills (Ans : b)
72. The River ‘Tawa’ is a tributary of–
(a) Tapti (b) Narmada (c) Parvati (d) Mahanadi (Ans : b)
73. Which waterfall is situated on Bhedaghat?
(a) Dhuandhar (b) Dugdhara (c) kapildhara (d) Chachai (Ans : a)
74. In which physiographic division of Madhya Pradesh is Chambal Valley situated?
(a) Baghelkhand Plateau (b) Bundelkhand Plateau (c) Central India Plateau (d) Vindhyan Scarp Land (Ans : c)
75. Which type of climate does Madhya Pradesh have?
(a) Monsoon type (b) Equatorial type (c) Mediterranean type (d) None of the above (Ans : a)
76. Suchitra Sen was a /an–
(a) writer (b) actress (c) journalist (d) political leader (Ans : b)
77. The capital of the twenty-ninth State of India is–
(a) Hyderabad (b) Vishakhapatnam (c) Panaji (d) Silvassa (Ans : a)
78. Where is the ‘Fair of Kanha Baba’ organized in Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Hoshangabad (b) Sodapur (c) Barwani (d) Rewa (Ans : b)
79. In which district of Madhya Pradesh are the caves of Undayagiri situated?
(a) Raisen (b) Vidisha (c) Dhar (d) Bhopal (Ans : b)
80. Which tourist place is known as ‘pilgrimage of sculpture?
(a) Ujjain (b) Khajuraho (c) Orchha (d) Mandu (Ans : b)
81. Which tribe worships ‘Lohasur’ as their deity?
(a) Gond (b) Bhil (c) Korku (d) Agariya (Ans : d)
82. Where is Bharat Bhawan situated?
(a) Delhi (b) Indore (c) Jabalpur (d) Bhopal (Ans : d)
83. Which district has the highest percentage of Scheduled Tribes population in Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Jhabua (b) Barwani (c) Ratlam (d) Chhindwara (Ans : a)
84. Which one of the following is irrelevant in the context of share market?
(a) Sensex (b) BSE (c) Nifty (d) SAPS (Ans : d)
85. The largest commercial bank of India is–
(a) NABARD (b) State Bank of India (c) ICICI (d) Union Bank of India (Ans : b)
86. Where is the mausoleum of Sher Shah situated?
(a) Sasaram (b) Delhi (c) Kalinjar (d) Sonaragaon (Ans : a)
87. What was the name of Shivaji’s Guru?
(a) Ramdas (b) Tukaram (c) Vaman Pandit (d) Gaga Bhatt (Ans : a)
88. Where the words ‘We the people of India’ have been used in the Constitution of India?
(a) Directive Principles (b) Fundamental Rights (c) Citizenship (d) Preamble to the Constitution (Ans : d)
89. Who is known as the custodian of the Indian Constitution?
(a) The Parliament (b) The President (c) The Supreme Court (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
90. Which kind of Panchayati Raj system was recommended by the Balwant Rai Mehta Committee?
(a) Two-tier (b) Three-tier (c) Village level (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
91. Scientific socialism is attributed to–
(a) Karl Marx (b) Adam Smith (c) J. M. Keynes (d) Thomas Mann (Ans : a)
92. Which is the first ever state constituted on linguistic basis?
(a) Rajasthan (b) Andhra Pradesh (c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Karnataka (Ans : b)
93. Who was Nicolo Conti?
(a) A famous painter (b) An Italian traveler who visited Vijayanagar empire
(c) A Portuguese traveller (d) A Persian traveller (Ans : b)
94. Which ground is called ‘Mecca of Cricket’?
(a) Lord’s (b) Eden Gardens (c) Melbourne Cricket Ground (d) Green Park (Ans : a)
95. When was football included in the Olympic Games?
(a) 1900, Paris (b) 1908, London (c) 1896, Athens (d) 1920, Antwerp (Ans : b)
96. Who of the following was associated with the Chittagong Armoury Raid?
(a) Surya Sen (b) Bhagat Singh (c) Ram Prasad Bismil (d) Ashfaqullah (Ans : a)
97. In which year was the Wavell Plan presented?
(a) 1942 (b) 1943 (c) 1944 (d) 1945 (Ans : d)
98. Which one of the following statements with respect to the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 is not true?
(a) It was made by the British rulers (b) It purpose was to help the process of land reforms in India
(c) It has been replaced by another Act of India’s Parliament (d) Its implementation had be come disputed (Ans : b)
99. Who among the following is associated with ‘NITI Aayog’?
(a) Narendra Modi (b) Kaushik Basu (c) Amartya Sen (d) P. Chidambaram (Ans : a)
100. In which Section of the Human Rights Protection Act, 1993 is ‘Public Servant’ defined?
(a) Section 2 (b) Section 3 (c) Section 2(H) (d) Section 2(M) (Ans : d)