IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 20 September, 2015. We are giving 20 questions of Logical and Analytical Reasoning of this exam with answers.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam., 2015 Logical and Analytical Reasoning Solved Questions
Directions-(Q. 11-14) Study the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow–
There are six members M, N, O, P, Q and R in a family. O is the sister of R; N is the brother-in-law of R's mother; P is the father of M and R is the grandson of P. There are two ladies in the family.
11. Who is the mother of R ?
(A) N (B) O (C) Q (D) P (Ans : C)
12. The members of the family belong to how many generations?
(A) Two (B) Three (C) Four (D) Either two or three (Ans : B)
13. The two female members in the family are–
(A) P, Q (B) N, Q (C) R, O (D) O, Q (Ans : D)
14. Who is the daughter of M and Q ?
(A) P (B) R (C) N (D) O (Ans : D)
15. Find the missing number–
(A) 86 (B) 88 (C) 120 (D) 90 (Ans : A)
Directions-(Q. 16-19) In the following questions a series is being given. Select from the alternatives the correct term to fill in the missing term–
16. 0, 7, 26, 63, ?, 215
(A) 104 (B) 124 (C) 126 (D) 134 (Ans : B)
17. 3, 16, 42, 81, 133, ?
(A) 166 (B) 185 (C) 198 (D) 208 (Ans : C)
18. 1, 8, 27, ?, 125, 216
(A) 54 (B) 64 (C) 84 (D) 100 (Ans : B)
19. 2, 9, 23, 51, 107, ?
(A) 214 (B) 216 (C) 218 (D) 219 (Ans : D)
(A) Forest-Elephant (B) Sea-Crocodile (C) Passenger-Luggage (D) Class-Student (Ans : C)
21. If 'Family' is coded as 316459 and 'Sister' is coded as 747820, then 'Mistress' will be coded as–
(A) 64870277 (B) 64708277 (C) 64782077 (D) 64780277 (Ans : D)
22. If 'boy' is coded as AAQQZZ, then 'cat' will be coded as–
(A) CCBBUU (B) BBCCTI (C) BBCCUU (D) BBCCSS (Ans : C)
Directions-(Q. 23-27) Read the paragraph and answer the questions that follow–
A and B play Cricket and Tennis, Band E play Hockey, A and C play Volleyball, C and D play Hockey and Tennis and C and E play Football.
23. Who does not play Tennis?
(A) B (B) D (C) E (D) C (Ans : C)
24. Who plays Cricket, Tennis and Volleyball ?
(A) C (B) D (C) E (D) A (Ans : D)
25. Who plays Hockey, Cricket and Tennis?
(A) A (B) B (C) C (D) D (Ans : B)
26. Who plays only Hockey and Tennis?
(A) A (B) C (C) D (D) E (Ans : C)
27. Who plays Volleyball, Hockey, Tennis and Football ?
(A) A (B) C (C) D (D) B (Ans : B)
Directions-(Q. 28-30) Read the paragraph and answer the questions that follow–
A, B, C, D and E have seven balls each. B gives two balls to E, who gives one ball to A. C gives three balls to D, who gives two balls to A. E gives three balls to B, who gives two balls to C. B gives five balls to D.
28. How many balls does A have?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 10 (D) 13 (Ans : C)
29. How many balls does C have?
(A) 6 (B) 5 (C) 1 (D) 10 (Ans : A)
30. Who has got the maximum number of balls now?
(B) D (A) A (D) E (C) C (Ans : B)