IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 20 September, 2015. We are giving 20 questions of Educational and General Awareness of this exam with answers.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam., 2015 Educational and General Awareness Solved Questions
31. The Speaker of Lok Sabha in India is elected by the–
(A) Members of Lok Sabha (B) Members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(C) Council of Ministers (D) Speakers of State Legislative Assemblies (Ans : A)
32. The responsibility for framing the Constitution of independent India was entrusted to the–
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Rajya Sabha (C) Constituent Assembly (D) Parliament and State Legislative Assemblies (Ans : C)
33. The amended Artic1e-45 of our Constitution directs the State to promote-
(A) Pre-school Education (B) Primary Education (C) Elementary Education (D) Non-formal Education (Ans : C)
34. According to NCTE regulations, a senior secondary teacher should possess–
(A) Post-graduation degree (B) Post-graduation degree with B. Ed.
(C) Post-graduation degree with M. Ed. (D) Post-graduation degree with M. Phil. (Ans : B)
35. What does three language formula imply?
(A) Three languages should be taught In schools
(B) Examinations should be conducted in three languages
(C) The study of three languages should be made compulsory at the senior state
(D) Every student should study three languages in schools (Ans : A)
36. What is an Open University?
A University that imparts education through–
(A) Distance mode (B) Correspondence mode
(C) Face-to-face interaction in classrooms (D) Organisation of open book examinations (Ans : A)
37. In India, Education Day is celebrated on the occasion of the birthday of–
(A) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (B) Dr. Zakir Husain (C) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan (D) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (Ans : A)
38. The members of Lok Sabha in India are elected by–
(A) All the citizens of India (B) Citizens above the age of 21 years
(C) Registered voters (D) Educated citizens of India (Ans : C)
39. Green Revolution made India self-sufficient in–
(A) Milk production (B) Green trees and plants (C) Production of foodgrains (D) Green forests (Ans : C)
40. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan aims at–
(A) Enrolment of all girls in schools (B) Enrolment of all boys in schools
(C) Enrolment of all children in schools (D) Enrolment and completion of Elementary education by all children (Ans : D)
41. The Central Universities are established in India by–
(A) A Resolution of the Union Cabinet (B) A Resolution of the Council of Ministers
(C) A Resolution of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) (D) An Act of Parliament (Ans : D)
42. Which one of the following authorities has been entrusted with the responsibility for the redressal of grievances under the RTE Act, 2009 ?
(A) CABE (B) NCERT (C) NCPCR (D) NCHR (Ans : A)
43. Juvenile Justice Act applicable for children below the age of 18 years prescribes maximum punishment of–
(A) Two years (B) Three years (C) Five years (D) Six years (Ans : B)
44. The name of Montessori is associated with–
(A) Pre-school Education (B) Special Education (C) Secondary Education (D) Primary Education (Ans : A)
45. The National University for Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) has the responsibility to–
(A) Set up Universities (B) Administer Schools and Colleges
(C) Conduct Research relating to Educational Planning (D) Assessment of Higher Education Institutions (Ans : C)
46. The corporal punishment in schools has been prohibited by the–
(A) RTE Act, 2009 (B) Domestic Violence Act, 2005 (C) Child Labour Prohibition Act (D) Juvenile Justice Act (Ans : A)
47. Acharya Chanakya was a teacher III the Gurukul located at–
(A) Taxila (B) Nalanda (C) Vikramshila (D) Vaishali (Ans : A)
48. Which one of the following is the major source of Vitamin D ?
(A) Sun (B) Mineral Water (C) Multigrain Bread (D) Fruits and Vegetables (Ans : A)
49. Scientific temperament means–
(A) Temperament to take decisions on the basis of reasoning (B) Interest in the study of science
(C) Ability to undertake scientific experiments (D) Ability to speak on scientific themes (Ans : B)
50. Who advocated for craft centred education?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai (B) B. R. Ambedkar (C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Mahatma Phule (Ans : C)
51. The declaration of the state of internal emergency in India in 1975 was approved by the–
(A) Prime Minister of India (B) Speaker of Lok Sabha (C) Chief of Army Staff (D) President of India (Ans : D)
52. Who became the Prime Minister of India after Rajiv Gandhi in 1989 ?
(A) V. P. Singh (B) P. V. Narsimha Rao (C) Charan Singh (D) Chandra Shekhar (Ans : B)
53. The disease hypertension is also known as–
(A) Low Blood Pressure (B) High Blood Pressure (C) Migraine (D) Arthritis (Ans : B)
54. The T. V. serial 'Bharat Ek Khoj' was based on the book 'Discovery of India' written by–
(A) M. N. Roy (B) Mahatma Gandhi (C) Lala Lajpat Rai (D) Jawaharlal Nehru (Ans : D)
55. Comprehensive Evaluation means–
(A) Evaluation in all school subjects (B) Evaluation of student performance in scholastic and co-scholastic areas
(C) Question paper comprising all types of questions (D) Question paper comprising questions from the entire syllabus (Ans : B)