BSF Assistant Sub-Inspector (Radio Mechanic) and Head Constable (Radio Operator)
Model Question Paper with Answers
Part - A
General Intelligence and Reasoning
1. Pointing to a man, a lady said "His mother is the only daughter of my mother". How is the lady related to the man?
(a) Mother (b) Daughter (c) Sister (d) Aunt (Ans : a)
2. If MADRAS is coded as 517916 and TENANT is coded as 432124, how would you encode RMATSN ?
(a) 851353 (b) 951363 (c) 951462 (d) 941562 (Ans : c)
3. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4 : 3 After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
(a) 15 years (b) 19 years (c) 24 years (d) 12 years (Ans : a)
4. Arun said, "This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother." Who is Arun to the girl?
(a) Grandfather (b) Husband (c) Father-in-law (d) Father (Ans : c)
5. If 20 + 15 = 24 and 64 + 13 = 42, then 11 + 28 = ?
(a) 33 (b) 36 (c) 31 (d) 34 (Ans : b)
6. Reena walks 4 km East and then cycles 10 km North, turns to the left and covers 4 km and once again turns to the North and moves 2 km. How far is she from the starting point?
(a) 10 km (b) 14 km (c) 8 km (d) 12 km (Ans : d)
7. If P is the husband of Q and R is the mother of S and Q, what is R to P?
(a) Mother (b) Sister (c) Aunt (d) Mother-in-law (Ans : d)
8. If 'MERCURY' is written as 'FGIECAB' in a code, how can 'CURE' be written in that code?
(a) GCFI (b) ECAB (c) ECAG (d) EAGC (Ans : c)
9. In the following question, increasing number of letters are skipped in between adjacent letters in a series. Which of the following series fulfils this rule?
(a) BGMTA (b) BGMSZ (c) BGMTB (d) BGLRY (Ans : c)
10. A is the father of B, C is the daughter of B, D is the brother of B, E is the son of A. What is the relationship between C and E?
(a) Brother and sister (b) Cousins (c) Niece and uncle (d) Uncle and aunt (Ans : c)
Part - B
General Knowledge and General Awareness
11. Which was the second capital of Akbar ?
(a) Delhi (b) Agra (c) Fatehpur-Sikri (d) Patna (Ans : c)
12. When was the Geological Survey of India established ?
(a) 1841 (b) 1851 (c) 1941 (d) 1951 (Ans : b)
13. Which one of the following languages is not specified in the English schedule of the Indian Constitution?
(a) Urdu (b) English (c) Sindhi (d) Sanskrit (Ans : b)
14. Which is the leading state in India in 'Ship Breaking' industry?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Maharashtra (c) Gujarat (d) West Bengal (Ans : c)
15. Which one of the following acts as a mediator between the user's program and the hardware?
(a) Operating System (b) Browser (c) Compiler (d) Editor (Ans : a)
16. Which Indian hockey player has a road named after him in Germany?
(a) Roop Singh (b) Shanraj Pillai (c) Dhyan Chand (d) Zafar Iqbal (Ans : c)
17. Which one of the following is a major port on the East Coast of India?
(a) Kandla (b) Vishakhapattnam (c) Karikal (d) Pondicherry (Puducherry) (Ans : b)
18. At which place did the Union Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee lay the foundation stone for a new banknote paper mill some time back?
(a) Surat (b) Aurangabad (c) Mysore (d) Guntur (Ans : c)
19. Which one of the following cities has the maximum number of registered vehicles on the road?
(a) Mumbai (b) Kolkata (c) Delhi (d) Chennai (Ans : a)
20. India recently signed an agreement in the field of energy with a country, which is considered world leader in the field of 'Renewable Energy'. Which is that country?
(a) China (b) Spain (c) Japan (d) South Africa (Ans : a)
Part - C
21. Mahesh earned a profit of 20% by selling 60 apples at the rate of Rs. 42.50 for 5 apples. Then the total cost, at which the apples were bought is–
(a) Rs. 452 (b) Rs. 425 (c) Rs. 450 (d) Rs. 485 (Ans : b)
22. The radius of a right circular cone is 3 cm and its height is 4 cm. The total surface area of the cone is–
(a) 48.4 sq.cm (b) 64.4 sq.cm (c) 96.4 sq.cm (d) 75.4 sq.cm (Ans : d)
23. If the square of the sum of two numbers is equal to 4 times of their product, then the ratio of these numbers is–
(a) 2 : 1 (b) 1 : 3 (c) 1 : 1 (d) 1 : 2 (Ans : c)
24. A train 270 metres long is running at a speed of 36 km per hour; then it will cross a bridge of length 180 metres in–
(a) 40 sec. (b) 45 sec. (c) 50 sec. (d) 35 sec. (Ans : b)
25. Last year my age was a perfect square number. Next year it will be a cubic number. What is my present age?
(a) 26 years (b) 24 years (c) 26 years (d) 27 years (Ans : a)
26. If the numerical value of the volume of a right circular cylinder and its curved surface area are equal, then its radius is–
(a) 3 units (b) 6 units (c) 2 units (d) 4 units (Ans : c)
27. Pipes P and Q can fill a tank in 10 and 12 hours respectively and C can empty it in 6 hours. If all the three are opened at 7 a.m., at what time will one-fourth of the tank be filled?
(a) 10 a.m. (b) 10 p.m. (c) 11 p.m. (d) 11 a.m. (Ans : b)
28. If a chord of length 16 cm is at a distance of 15 cm from the centre of the circle, then the length of the chord of the same circle which is at a distance of 8 cm from the centre is equal to–
(a) 10 cm (b) 20 cm (c) 30 cm (d) 40 cm (Ans : c)
29. By what least number should 4320 be multiplied so as to obtain a number which is a perfect cube?
(a) 40 (b) 50 (c) 60 (d) 80 (Ans : b)
30. There are 50 students in a class. Their average weight is 45 kg. When one student leaves the class, the average weight reduces by 100 g. What is the weight of the student who left the class?
(a) 45 kg (b) 47.9 kg (c) 49.9 kg (d) 50.1 kg (Ans : c)
Part - D
Direction (Q. 31-35) : Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) Concise (b) Despise (c) Bias (d) Fierce (Ans : b)
(a) Tragedy (b) Anger (c) Violence (d) Hatred (Ans : a)
(a) Renounce (b) Announce (c) Pronounce (d) Denounce (Ans : a)
(a) Overload (b) Measure (c) Permit (d) Enter (Ans : b)
(a) Free (b) Liberal (c) Flexible (d) Broad (Ans : c)
Direction (36-40) : In these questions choose the word that is opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) Obstruct (b) Advance (c) Linger (d) Guarantee (Ans : b)
(a) Carefree (b) Impetuous (c) Safe (d) Impure (Ans : c)
(a) Weak (b) Strong (c) Fragile (d) Bright (Ans : a)
(a) Rude (b) Insensitive (c) Indifferent (d) Sympathetic (Ans : a)
(a) Composed (b) Tidy (c) Confident (d) Jovial (Ans : b)