Madhya Pradesh (MP) GK Questions and Answers useful for Madhya Pradesh PSC (MPPSC) exams and other state and central government exams.
1. Who was the first Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Naresh Chandra (B) Pt Ravishankar (C) RC Punacha (D) Pattabhi Sitaramaya (Ans : D)
2. Who was the first Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Kailash Nath Katju (B) Dwarka Prasad Mishra
(C) Pt. Ravishankar Shukla (D) Bhagwantro Mandloi (Ans : D)
3. Which is the longest river in Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Narmada River (B) Ganga River (C) Sone River (D) Betwa River Ans: (A)
4. The average rainfall in Madhya Pradesh is–
(A) about 1,367m (53.6in) (B) about 1,368m (53.7in)
(C) about 1,369m (53.8in) (D) about 1,370 mm (53.9 in) (Ans : D)
5. From which district of Madhya Pradesh Chambal Originates ?
(A) Indore (B) Dhar (C) Khargaon (D) Khandwa (Ans : A)
6. In which District of Madhya Pradesh the oil refinery is located ?
(A) Guna (B) Dewas (C) Vidisha (D) Sagar (Ans : D)
7. Largest city of Madhya Pradesh is–
(A) Bhopal (B) Ujjain (C) Jabalpur (D) Indore (Ans : D)
8. Madhya Pradesh is………….. largest state in India by population.
(A) Sixth (B) Fifth (C) fourth (D) third (Ans : A)
9. Which of the following states does not share border with Madhya Pradesh–
(A) UP (B) Uttrakhand (C) Gujrat (D) Maharahtra (Ans : B)
10. Madhya Pradesh's per-capita gross state domestic product (GDP)………. lowest in the country.
(A) Second (B) Third (C) Fourth (D) Fifth (Ans : C)
11. The southeastern portion of the Madhya Pradesh split off to form the new state of Chhattisgarh in–
(A) In November 1999 (B) In November 2000
(C) In November 2001 (D) In November 2002 (Ans : B)
12. Madhya Pradesh is located in the geographic heart of India, between latitude ….and longitude–
(A) latitude 21°04'N-26.87°N and longitude 74°02'-82°49' E
(B) latitude 21°05N-26.88N and longitude 74°03-82°50E
(C) latitude 21°06N-26.89N and longitude 74°04-82°49'
(D) latitude 21°07N-26.87°N and longitude 74°05-82°49' E (Ans : A)
13. The major types of soils found in the Madhya Pradesh state are ?
(A) Alluvial and Laterite Soil (B) Black Soil and Mixed Soil
(C) Red and yellow soil (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
14 How many National Parks are in Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) 7 National Parks (B) 8 National Parks
(C) 9 National Parks (D) 10 National Parks (Ans : C)
15. Madhya Pradesh is divided into ... agro-climatic zones.
(A) 8 (B) 9 (C) 10 (D) 11 (Ans : C)
16. Where is National Law Institute University situated?
(A) Ujjain (B) Bhopal (C) Gwalior (D) Hoshangabad Ans: (B)
17. Where is Holkar Cricket Stadium situated?
(A) Indore (B) Gwalior (C) Bhopal (D) Rewa Ans: (A)
18. From where the 'Sindhi' newspaper 'Farz' is published?
(A) Gwalior (B) Bhopal (C) Sagar (D) Ujjain (Ans : )
19. Which State lies to the west of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Maharashtra (C) Gujarat (D) Chattisgarh Ans: (C)
20. The famous singer Lata Mangeshkar was born in which place?
(A) Khandwa (B) Indore (C) Jabalpur (D) Sagar Ans: (B)
21. What is the literacy rate of Madhya Pradesh as per the census of 2011?
(A) 70.60% (B) 76.60% (C) 73.80% (D) 79.10% Ans :
22. Where is the headquarter of West Central Railway Zone situated?
(A) Jabalpur (B) Bhopal (C) Hoshangabad (D) Indore Ans: (A)
23. Where is Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport situated in Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Bhopal (B) Indore (C) Gwalior (D) Sagar (Ans : B)
24. Who is not related to Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Kishore Kumar (B) Ashok Kumar (C) Rajkumar (D) Anoop Kumar (Ans : C)
25. Poet, Who is not related to Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Shrikrishna Saral (B) Shivmangal Singh Suman
(C) Makhanlal Chaturvedi (D) Jay Shankar Prasad (Ans : D)
26. Osteoporosis is a disease related with which of the following ?
(A) Stomach (B) Bone (C) Skin (D) Intestine (Ans : B)
27. How many constituencies are there in Madhya Pradesh state assembly ?
(A) 220 (B) 230 (C) 240 (D) 250 (Ans : B)
28. Which is not a tribal area of Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Mandla (B) Badwani (C) Dhar (D) Ratlam (Ans : D)
29. Which dialect is not spoken in Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Nimadevi (B) Santhali (C) Bundelkhandi (D) Malvi (Ans : B)
30. The highest peak of Madhya Pradesh ‘Dhupgarh’ is in–
(A) Sehore (B) Mandsaur (C) Hoshangabad (D) Rewa (Ans : C)
31. The total numbers of police stations of Madhya Pradesh are–
(A) 914 (B) 1000 (C) 2000 (D) 2200 (Ans : A)
32. The first solar village of Madhya Pradesh is–
(A) Sehore (B) Pachmarhi - Given (C) Itarasi (D) Indore (Ans : C)
33. The first expressway of Madhya Pradesh is built on which of the following highway?
(A) Indore-Bhopal (B) Bhopal-Jabalpur (C) Bhopal-Itarasi (D) Gwalior-Sagar (Ans : A)
34. The Foundation day of Madhya Pradesh is celebrated on–
(A) 1st November (B) 2nd November (C) 4th November (D) 3rd November (Ans : A)
35. When was Chhattisgarh separated from Madhya Pradesh?
(A) 26 January 1950 (B) 18 June 1972 (C) 15 August 1975 (D) 1 November 2000 (Ans : D)
36. Which is the highest point in Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Lady Hill (B) Kaimur Hill (C) Dhupgarh Peak (D) Mount Logan (Ans : C)
37. Gas released during Bhopal Gas Tragedy was–
(A) Ethyl Isocyanate (B) Methyl Isothicoynate (C) Ethyl Isothiicoynate (D) Methyl Isocyanate (Ans : D)
38. How was Madhya Pradesh formerly known?
(A) Nizam’s Dominions (B) Central Provinces & Berar (C) United Provinces (D) NEFA (Ans : B)
39. Which among the following is the biosphere reserve is located in Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve (B) Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve (C) Nandadevi (D) Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve (Ans : A)
40. Central Bee Research and Training Institute is located at which among the following places?
(A) Mumbai (B) Nagpur (C) Pune (D) Jabalpur (Ans : C)