Karnataka General Knowledge Questions and Answers1. When did Karnataka acquire its present name?
(A) 1 January 1951 (B) 15 June 1971 (C) 21 August 1991(D) 1 November 1973 (Ans : D)
2. Which is the capital of Karnataka?
(A) Hubli (B) Dharwad (C) Bangalore (D) Karwar (Ans : C)
3. What is the area of Karnataka?
(A) 41,284 sq. mi. (B) 74,051 sq. mi. (C) 52,622 sq. mi. (D) 12,482 sq. mi. (Ans : B)
4. Which is the official language of Karnataka?
(A) Tulu (B) Konkani (C) Kodava (D) Kannada (Ans : D)
5.Total Number of Districts in Karanataka ?
(A) 29 (B) 32 (C) 30 (D) 26 (Ans : C)
6. Which Festival celebrations are famous in Mysore ?
(A) Diwali (B) Dasara (C) Holi (D) Shivratri (Ans : B)
7. Which of the following states is to the north of Karnataka?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Kerala (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Odisha (Ans : A)
8. Which sea is to the west of Karnataka?
(A) Ionian (B) Adriatic (C) Arabian (D) Beaufort (Ans : C)
9. When did the British annex Kanara?
(A) 1757 (B) 1799 (C) 1780 (D) 1805 (Ans : B)
10. Which kingdom in Karnataka did the British annex in 1834?
(A) Coorg (B) Vijayanagara (C) Bidar (D) Gulbarga (Ans : A)
11. How was Karnataka formerly known?
(A) Bimaru (B) Mysore (C) Laccadive (D) Amindivi (Ans : B)
12. Which of the following dam is located in Karnataka state ?
(A) Dudhawa (B) Kaushalya dam (C) Nagarjuna sagar (D) Almatti dam (Ans : D)
13. Who is known as “Father of Karnataka music”?
(A) Kanaka Dasa (B) Purandara Dasa (C) Raghavanka (D) Sarvagna (Ans : B)
14. The “Bramhagiri” edict in Chitradurga belongs to which Emperor?
(A) Kadamba (B) Ashoka (C) Amoghavarsha (D) Pulikeshi (Ans : B)
15. Recently names of Cities in Karnataka changed New name of Belgaum city is ?
(A) Belagavi (B) Belagav (C) Belurgam (D) Bellaam (Ans : A)
16. Total number of Loksabha seats in Karnataka state ?
(A) 25 (B) 28 (C) 29 (D) 30 (Ans : B)
17. “Rakkasa Thangadi” or Thalikote war which ruined the glory of Vijayanagara dynasty was held in which year?
(A) 1545 (B) 1565 (C) 1550 (D) 1560 (Ans : B)
18. Who among the following had built beautiful temples at Pattadakallu and Aihole?
(A) Chalukya (B) Hoysala (C) Shatavahana (D) Rastrakuta (Ans : A)
19. Doddaballapura is famous for Which of the following industries ?
(A) Steel (B) Plastic (C) Fuir Juice (D) Silk (Ans : D)
20. The temples at “Halebidu and Belur” belong to which of the following dynasty?
(A) Kadamba dynasty (B) Hoysala dynasty (C) Rastrakuta dynasty (D) Badami Chalukya dynasty (Ans : B)
21. Total Number of Assembly Seats in Karnataka ?
(A) 198 (B) 209 (C) 224 (D) 213 (Ans : C)
22. Which ruler is credited for the spread of Jainism in Karnataka?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Bimbisara (C) Ashoka (D) Samparati (Ans : A)
23. Which among the following waterfall is created by the Sharavathi River in Shimoga district of Karnataka ?
(A) Gokak Falls (B) Kalhatti Falls (C) Lalguli Falls (D) Jog Fall (Ans : D)
24. Which among the following place in Karnataka is the present location of capital of Vijayanagar Empire?
(A) Hampi (B) Kulyadi (C) Kottigehara (D) Thokur (Ans : A)
25. Which Karnataka City is piligrimage detination in jainism ?
(A) Belur (B) Shravanabelagola (C) Shorapur (D) Tumkur (Ans : B)
26. Which of the Famous Temple is located at Belur ?
(A) Chenna Keshava Temple (B) Hanuman Temple (C) Ganesh temple (D) Vishnu Temple (Ans : A)
27. Karnataka Lokayukta Act was enacted in which among the following years?
(A) 1987 (B) 1984 (C) 1986 (D) 1990 (Ans : B)
28. In which of the following place Ashok’s minor rock edict has been discovered in Karnataka?
(A) Halmidi, Hasan (B) Maski, Raichur (C) Mulabagil, Kolar (D) Hoskote, Bengaluru (Ans : B)
29.Karnataka State formed in which year ?
(A) 1959 (B) 1956 (C) 1957 (D) 1960 (Ans : B)
30. Adi shankaracharya established his first of four 'mathas' at ?
(A) Tumkur (B) Belgaum (C) Mysore (D) Sringeri (Ans : D)