1. Which of the following services is not provided by the post offices in India ?
(A) Sale of stamps (B) Issuance of demand drafts (C) Life insurance cover
(D) All the given options are services provided by post offices in India (E) Savings bank scheme (Ans : B)
2. In a surprise move Central Bank of ………. cuts its benchmark interest rate to (–) 0.1 per cent.
(A) Japan (B) South Africa (C) China (D) USA (E) None of these (Ans : A)
3. The name 'Punjab' is derived from Indo-Iranian words- 'Punj' means 'five' and 'aab' means 'waters'. Which of the following is not the one among those five rivers?
(A) Sutlej (B) Beas (C) Yamuna (D) Chenab (E) Jhelum (Ans : C)
4. Maximum loan amount to individuals against security of shares can be–
(A) 20.00 lacs (B) 15.00 lacs (C) 25.00 lacs (D) 50. 00 lacs (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
5. Abhinav Bindra is a famous–
(A) social worker (B) film star (C) journalist (D) sports personality (E) politician (Ans : D)
6. 'Renimmibhi' is the currency of the–
(A) People's republic of China (B) People's republic of Bulgaria (C) People's republic of Brazil
(D) People's republic of Ethiopia (E) People's republic of Bangladesh (Ans : A)
7. Which of the following forms of securing a loan is the safest one?
(A) Lien (B) Assignment (C) Pledge (D) Hypothecation (E) Mortgage (Ans : C)
8. Which of the following is not acceptable as address proof for opening a bank account by an individual?
(A) Letter from any recognized public authority (B) Domicile certificate (C) Electricity Bill (D) Other than those given as options
(E) A next agreement indicating the address of the customer duly registered with State Government (Ans : D)
9. Who amongst the following is the author of the book 'The Heart of India'?
(A) Mark Tully (B) Other than those given as options (C) Ruskin Bond (D) Meera Syal (E) Gita Mehra (Ans : A)
10. Which of the following is the correct full form of ECS often used in banking?
(A) Electronic Clash System (B) Electronic Cash Service (C) Electronic Clearing Service
(D) Electronic Charging System (E) None of these (Ans : C)
11. A demand draft issued by a bank is valid for–
(A) 3 years (B) There is no time limit (C) 3 months (D) 12 months (E) 6 months (Ans : C)
12. Dronacharya award is an award presented by the Government of India for excellence in–
(A) Cinema (B) Corporate Governance (C) Human Resource Development
(D) Sports Coaching (E) Employee Weffare Activities (Ans : D)
13. NRI Day is observed on which of the following days ?
(A) 9th February (B) 9th March (C) 9th January (D) 19th February (E) 19th March (Ans : C)
14. In which of the following types of banking, there is a direct execution of transaction between a bank and its consumers ?
(A) Retail Banking (B) Universal Banking (C) Virtual Banking
(D) Unit Banking (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
15. Recently India. had exported Metro Coaches to–
(A) South Africa (B) Egypt (C) Iran (D) Indonesia (E) Australia (Ans : E)
16. A new programme called 'Resilience' has been introduced in certain schools in Bihar. Which of the following statement is incorrect about it–
(A) Resilience was conceptualised in the USA by Steve Levanthal of Corstone
(B) It works with adolescents at psychological and social level
(C) Pilot study regarding this programme was first conducted in Tamil Nadu
(D) The new programme is called Girls First and Youth first
(E) None of these (Ans : C)
17. The abbreviation 'EPOS' stands for–
(A) Electronic Payment of Sale (B) Electronic Point of Sale (C) Electronic Purchase of sale
(D) Electronic Price of Sale (E) Electronic Platform of Sale (Ans : B)
18. Which of the following bodies regulates the Regional Rural Banks ?
(A) RBI (B) NABARD (C) Department of Rural Development (D) State Government (E) SIDBI (Ans : B)
19. Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) the largest airborne observatory' in the world which was operational in 2004 is operated by US and ………. space agencies.
(A) German (B) French (C) Chinese (D) Russian (E) Indian (Ans : A)
20. Deposits under Foreign Currency Non-Resident [FCNR(B)] scheme can be accepted for a minimum of–
(A) 15 days (B) 3 months (C) 6 months (D) 1 year (E) 7 days (Ans : D)
21. The Head of the Reserve Bank of India is officially known as–
(A) Managing Director (MD) of RBI (B) Chief Executive of RBI (C) President of RBI
(D) Governor of RBI (E) Executive Director of RBI (Ans : D)
22. India has different categories of commercial banks. Which of the following is not a commercial bank ?
(A) Foreign Banks (B) Commodity Banks (C) Nationalized Banks (D) Private Banks (E) Cooperative Banks (Ans : E)
23. In case of failed AIM transactions if the amount is not credited to a customer's account within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the complaint. Banks have to pay compensation at the rate of Rs………. per day.
(A) 150 (B) 200 (C) 100 (D) 10 (E) 50 (Ans : C)
24. Ihe green revolution in India was the outcome of the efforts of who amongst the following?
(A) Dr. Ramesh Mohan (B) Dr. C. Rangarajan (C) Mr. K. V. Kamath
(D) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : D)
25. Fiscal Policy is concerned with which of the following?
(A) Public Revenue and Expenditure (B) Issue of currency (C) Education for all
(D) Population control (E) Export and Import (Ans : A)
26. Accelerator is most closely related to–
(A) Interest rate (B) Inventories (C) Idle capacity (D) Induced investment (E) None of these (Ans : D)
27. Which one of the following is known as 'Demat' account?
(A) Account in which shares are held in electronic form (B) Other than those given as options
(C) Account allowed to be opereated by guardian of minor (D) Account operated by business correspondents in rural centres
(E) Account opened with zero balance (Ans : A)
28. The maximum amount that can be remitted through RIGS is–
(A) Rs. 1 crore (B) Rs. 50,00 lacs (C) Rs. 2.00 lac (D) Rs. 10.00 lacs (E) No upper ceiling (Ans : E)
29. Lionel Messi who was in the news recently for his contribution to football, plays from which country ?
(A) Argentina (B) Germany (C) Spain (D) Brazil (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
30. Which of the following is the full form of PURA ?
(A) Provision of Urban Amenities in Rural Areas (B) Programme on Urban Rural Association
(C) Preferential and Uniform Re-enforcement Act (D) Perfect Urban Rural Association
(E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
31. Who explained the importance of time element in the price determination?
(A) Chamberlin (B) Stigler (C) Mr. Jaun Robinson (D) Marshall (E) None of these (Ans : D)
32. The foreign exchange of India is kept with–
(A) SBI (B) ECGC (C) RBI (D) NABARD (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : C)
33. Balance in a current account is classified as–
(A) Hybrid deposit (B) Term deposit (C) Demand deposit (D) Flexi deposit (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : C)
34. 'Neoguri', which means 'raccoon dog' in Korean, is the name of–
(A) a Korean Motorbike brand (B) a domestic animal from south-east Asia (C) a South Korean port
(D) a wild animal found in North Korea (E) a Powerful Typhoon (Ans : E)
35. Which is the largest state in India in terms of area ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Rajasthan (C) Jammu & Kashmir (D) Madhya Pradesh (E) Pre-divided Andhra Pradesh (Ans : B)
36. IFSC Code has how many digits?
(A) 7 (B) 15 (C) 11 (D) 9 (E) 10 (Ans : C)
37. Which one of the following is not a monetary tool of RBI ?
(A) Reserve Repo Rate (B) SLR (C) Bank Rate (D) Repo Rate (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : E)
38. Banks borrow money from RBI at which of the following rates?
(A) Bank rate (B) SLR (C) CRR (D) Repo Rate (E) Reverse Repo Rate (Ans : D)
39. Banks in India are required to benchmark their lending rates with reference to which of the following rates ?
(A) Reverse Repo Rate (B) Base Rate (C) Govt. of India 10 year bond rate
(D) Repo Rate (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)
40. The rate at which domestic currency can be converted in to foreign currency and vice-versa is known as–
(A) LIBOR (B) Base Rate (C) Repo Rate (D) Exchange Rate (E) Inter Bank Call Money Rate (Ans : D)