General English, Reasoning, General Awareness etc. solve the questions now and be better prepared for upcoming government competitive exams.1. Which of the following is the largest general insurance company of India on the basis of gross premium collection inclusive of foreign operations?
General Awareness Solved Paper
(a) United India Insurance Company Limited (b) Oriental Fire and General Insurance Company Limited
(c) New India Assurance Company Limited (d) Agriculture Insurance Company of India
(e) National Insurance Company Limited (Ans : c)
2. The proposed Micro Units Development Refinance Agency (MUDRA Bank) will have a Credit Guarantee corpus of–
(a) Rs. 15,000 cr (b) Rs. 10,000 cr (c) Rs. 3,000 cr (d) Rs. 20,000 cr (e) Rs. 5,000 cr (Ans : c)
3. The chemical name of 'caustic soda'is–
(a) Potassium Hydroxide (b) Aluminium Oxide (c) Sodium Hydroxide (d) Sodium Chloride (e) Sodium Bicarbonate (Ans : c)
4. The term 'Front-end load' is associated with–
(a) Term Deposits (b) Term Loans (c) Insurance Policies (d) Mutual Funds (e) Government Securities (Ans : d)
5. When an insurer passes some part of or all risks to another insurer called Reinsurer, this type of insurance is called–
(a) Self Insurance (b) Dual Insurance (c) Void Insurance (d) Two Fold Insurance (e) Re-insurance (Ans : e)
6. The capital of the 'People's Republic of China' is–
(a) Taiwan (b) Hong Kong (c) Shanghai (d) Beijing (e) Shenzhen (Ans : d)
7. A complaint can be lodged with the insurance ombudsman by an aggrieved–
(a) Corporate Policy Holder (b) Trust/Association holding an Insurance Policy (c) Sole-Proprietor of a firm holding the Insurance Policy
(d) Individual Policy holder (e) Partnership Firm (Ans : d)
8. Which of the following teams won the Santosh Trophy, the main state competition in Indian Football?
(a) Punjab (b) Assam (c) Services (d) West Bengal (e) Maharashtra (Ans : c)
9 "Joko Widodo" has been elected as President of–
(a) Indonesia (b) Mexico (c) Argentina (d) Ukraine (e) Austria (Ans : a)
10. The FIBA cup is associated with which among the following sports ?
(a) Table Tennis (b) Basketball (c) Hockey (d) Football (e) Cricket (Ans : b)
11. An agency which holds electronic records of insurance policies issued to individuals is known as–
(a) Insurance Depository (b) Insurance Attorney (c) Stock Insurance Company
(d) Insurance Actuary (e) Insurance Repository (Ans : e)
12. A life insurance policy which provides coverage at a fixed rate of payments for a limited period of time is known as–
(a) Whole Life Insurance (b) Variable Universal Life Insurance (c) Term Life Insurance
(d) Universal Life Insurance (e) Permanent Life Insurance (Ans : c)
13. 'Tribhuvan International Airport' is situated in–
(a) Port Louis, Mauritius (b) Paro, Bhutan (c) Jakarta, Indonesia (d) Kathmandu, Nepal (e) Bangkok, Thailand (Ans : d)
14. Under the recently re-launched "Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana" (VPBY) for senior citizens, the insured person can receive a monthly pension ranging from–
(a) Other than those given as options (b) Rs. 100/- to Rs. 5,000/- (c) Rs. 500/- to Rs. 5,000/-
(d) Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 10,000/- (e) Rs. 50/- to Rs. 500/- (Ans : c)
15. Lia Van Leer of Israel who recently died at the age of 90 years is a pioneering figure in the field of–
(a) Cultural Studies (b) Farm Productivity and Profitability (c) Human Computer Protection
(d) Film Programming and Archiving (e) Film Photography (Ans : d)
16. Against-a global average of 50% the female labour force participation rate in India is found to be–
(a) 23% (b) 53% (c) 33% (d) 63% (e) 13% (Ans : c)
17. Who amongst the following has recently been appointed by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region as the Brand Ambassador of the North East region ?
(a) Mary Kom (b) Sarjubala Devi (c) Suman Bala Devi (d) M. Thomas Meiter (e) Likhmabam Sushila (Ans : a)
18. The Cabinet Minister for Civil Aviation in the Union Council of Ministers is–
(a) Shri Ananth Kumar (b) Shri Radha Mohan Singh (c) Shri Anant Geete (d) Shri Jual Oram (e) Shri Ashok Gajapati Raju (Ans : e)
19. It is a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC), one of India's leading housing finance institution and–
(a) Standard Life (b) Prudential Life (c) Sun Life (d) Max Life (e) Aviva India (Ans : a)
20. According to the Stockholm International Peace - Research Institute (SIPRI), which one of the following is the world's biggest importer of arms during the five year period from 2010 to 2014 ?
(a) India (b) Iran (c) Germany (d) Pakistan (e) China (Ans : a)
21. PM recently inaugurated the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar Systems (CSRS) being set up by India in which of the following countries?
(a) Mauritius (b) Sri Lanka (c) Maldives (d) Seychelles (e) Philippines (Ans : d)
22. The traditional new year celebrations 'Rongali Bihu' which is celebrated with fun in abundance by all people irrespective of caste, creed and belief in the Indian state of–
(a) Goa (b) Assam (c) Telangana (d) Andhra (e) Odisha (Ans : b)
23. The 'Kaziranga National Park' is situated in the Indian state of–
(a) Assam (b) West Bengal (c) Uttarakhand (d) Chattisgarh (e) Bihar (Ans : a)
24. The Japanese encephalitis, a virus borne disease, which claimed many deaths in India recently, affects which part of the human body?
(a) Kidney (b) Brain (c) Lungs (d) Intestine (e) Heart (Ans : b)
25. The "Pudhu Vazhvu Scheme" is an empowerment and poverty reduction initiative launched by –
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Andhra (c) Kerala (d) West Bengal (e) Telangana (Ans : a)
26. Which of the following noted Gandhians, is known - for his rendition of Gandhi katha – stories on the Mahatma's life, which he took across the world and received much acclaim for it?
(a) S. N. Subbarao (b) Rajmohan Gandhi (c) Mahadev Desai (d) Narayan Bhai Desai (e) Chandi Prasad Bhatt (Ans : d)
27. Which of the following organization processes insurance claims or certain aspects of employee benefit plans for a separate entity?
(a) Insurance Broker (b) Insurance Surveyor (c) Third Party Owner (d) Insurance Agent (e) Third Party Administrator (Ans : e)
28. The 'National De-worming Day' is observed in India every year on–
(a) 10th June (b) 10th April (c) 10th March (d) 10th February (e) 10th May (Ans : d)
29. Under the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana (SSY), the interest is payable by the Bank at the rate of–
(a) 8% (b) 8.7% (c) 8.5% (d) 8.9% (e) 9.2% (Ans : e)
30. What is the minimum number of employees is a firm covered by the retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for providing social security net?
(a) Ten (b) Twenty (c) Thirty (d) Fifteen (e) Forty (Ans : b)
31. The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), is a trade and investment agreement under negotiation between the–
(a) European Union and United States (b) European Union and India (c) "World Trade Organization and India"
(d) European Union and China (e) India and United States (Ans : a)
32. The currency of the 'Republic of Mauritius' is–
(a) Other than those given as options (b) Mauritian Riya (c) Mauritian Rial (d) Mauritian Rupee (e) Mauritian Rufiyaa (Ans : d)
33. "One Life is Not Enough" is an autobiography of–.
(a) Prime Minister Narendra Modi (b) Natwar Singh (c) Dr. Manmohan Singh (d) Sharad Pawar (e) APJ Abdul Kalam (Ans : b)
34. Future Group is an Indian private conglomerate, which is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sector, with popular supermarket chain–
(a) Hyper City (b) Easy Day (c) More (d) D-Mart (e) Big Bazaar (Ans : e)
35. In the recent Finance Bill-2016 place before the parliament Government proposed the merging of commodity futures market regulator, Forward Markets Commission (FMC) with–
(a) IRDA (b) PFRDA (c) SEBI (d) RBI (e) FLSRC (Ans : c)
36. An insurance purchased by agricultural producers to protect themselves' against either the loss of their crops due to natural disasters or loss of revenue due to declines in the prices of agricultural commodities is known as–
(a) Crop Insurance (b) Third Party Insurance (c) Gap Insurance (d) Marine Insurance (e) Auto Insurance (Ans : a)
37. 'Discovered in 1866, the 'Mesabi Iron Range' is the chief deposit of iron ore in the–
(a) South America (b) Russia (c) Australia (d) Europe (e) United States (Ans : e)
38. According to latest Economic Census released by National Statistical Association, which state has emerged top among states having more household enterprises ?
(a) Haryana (b) Maharashtra (c) Tamil Nadu (d) Karnataka (e) Rajasthan (Ans : c)
39. Tasmania' is an island state and is part of the–
(a) Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (b) Commonwealth of Marina Islands (c) Commonwealth of Australia
(d) Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (e) Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Ans : c)
40. United Nations Industrial Development Organization that promotes industrial development is the specialized agency of the United Nations. It is headquartered in–
(a) Rome, Italy (b) New York, USA (c) Vienna, Austria (d) Paris, France (e) Gland, Switzerland (Ans : c)