Mental Ability Test Sample Papers with Answers1. Which of the following is not a Palindrome–
(a) Malayalam (b) Madam (c) India (d) Dad (Ans : c)
2. Y4X9, W16V25, ?, S64R81
(a) U39T49 (b) U36T39 (c) U32T48 (d) U36T46 (Ans : b)
3. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
(a) Jowar (b) Paddy (c) Wheat (d) Sesame (Ans : d)
4. T49S64, R81Q100, P121O144, ?
(a) N169M196 (b) N160M190 (c) N164M194 (d) N170M200 (Ans : a)
5. Select the one which is different from other three alternatives–
(a) PQRS (b) ABCD (c) WXYZ (d) EFHG (Ans : d)
6. Rajeev is walking towards South. He turns left twice and then turns right. Which direction is he facing now?
(a) North (b) South (c) East (d) West (Ans : c)
7. A one rupee coin is placed on a plain paper. Ho many coins of the same size can be placed around it so that each one touches the central and adjacent coins?
(a) 4 (b) 3 (c) 7 (d) 6 (Ans : d)
8. Select the one which is different from other three alternatives–
(a) 50-100 (b) 56-114 (c) 78-156 (d) 69-138 (Ans : b)
9. M is older than R. Q is younger than Rand N. N is not as old as M. Who among M, N, Rand Q is the oldest?
(a) R (b) M (c) M or R (d) None of these (Ans : b)
10. AB 11 CD, EF 13 GH, IJ 17 KL, ?
(a) MN 18 OP (b) MN 19 OP (c) MN 21 OP (d) MN 23 OP (Ans : b)
11. Six friends M, N, O, P, Q, R are standing in a circle. N is between O and Q. R is standing adjacent to P. Who is between N and R?
(a) N (b) O (c) P (d) Q (Ans : d)
12. The word that can be formed from "QUADRATIC" is–
(a) AQUATIC (b) DRASTIC (c) ARCTIC (d) TRADER (Ans : a)
13. There are five books A, B, C, D and E. Book C lies above D. Book E is below A; B is below E. Which book is at the bottom?
(a) E (b) B (c) A (d) C (Ans : b)
14. Select the one which is different from other three alternatives–
(a) July (b) August (c) September (d) October (Ans : c)
15. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word GOLDEN each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) None (Ans : b)
16. Which of the following words will come 2nd in a dictionary?
(a) advantage (b) adventure (c) advance (d) advisor (Ans : a)
17. BEAN is related to NEAB and SAID is related to DAIS in the same way as LIME is related to–
(a) MLEI (b) ELMI (c) EIML (d) EILM (Ans : c)
18. How many meaningful English words can be made with the letters ENAL using each letter only once in each word?
(a) Three (b) Four (c) Five (d) Two (Ans : a)
19. Car : Garage : : Aeroplane : ?
(a) Airport (b) Hanger (c) Hangar (d) Big Garage (Ans : c)
20. ZA, YB, XC, ?
(a) DW (b) VE (c) WD (d) EV (Ans : c)
21. In a certain code ROBE is written as 5136 and BIND is written as 3792. How is RIDE written in that code?
(a) 5276 (b) 5726 (c) 5376 (d) 5326 (Ans : b)
22. BD3FH, AC5EG, JL7NP, ?
(a) IK9MO (b) IK11MO (c) IK13MO (d) IK17MO (Ans : a)
23. In a certain code DAYLONG is written as ZBEKHOP. How is CORDIAL written in that code?
(a) SPDEMBJ (b) DPSCMBJ (c) SPDCMBJ (d) SPDCJBM (Ans : c)
24. X24C3, V22E5, T20G7, ?
(a) R16 I7 (b)R17 I9 (c) R18 I9 (d) R19 I10 (Ans : c)
25. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong the group?
(a) March (b) June (c) September (d) October (Ans : c)
26. Select the related word pair from the given alternatives–
Teacher : School : : Doctor: ?
(a) Hostel (b) Hospitals (c) House (d) Home (Ans : b)
27. If 8 + 12 = 2, 7 + 14 = 3 then 10 + 18 = ?
(a) 10 (b) 4 (c) 6 (d) 18 (Ans : a)
28. If M means ÷, R means +, T means –, and K means ×, then–
20 R 16 K 5 M 10 T 8 = ?
(a) 20 (b) 36 (c) 25 (d) 40 (Ans : a)
29. 71, 62, 53, 44, 35, 26, ?
(a) 13 (b) 14 (c) 17 (d) 19 (Ans : c)
30. Find the odd one out: Bongo, Guitar, Violin, Sitar–
(a) Guitar (b) Bongo (c) Violin (d) Sitar (Ans : b)