Students can learn and improve important Computer Knowledge questions and answers for RRB Exams 2016.
1. What kind of memory is both static and non-volatile?
(a) RAM (b) ROM (c) Input device (d) BIOS (e) CACHE (Ans : b)
2. A word in a web page that, when clicked opens another document.
(a) hyperlink (b) anchor (c) URL (d) reference (e) None of these (Ans : a)
3. The combination of the operating system and the processor is referred to as the computer’s–
(a) CPU (b) BIOS (c) CMOS (d) platform (e) None of these (Ans : d)
4. The ALU and Control Unit jointly known as–
(a) CPU (b) RAM (c) ROM (d) PC (e) None of these (Ans : a)
5. The total number of messages handled by a computerized telephone system on a daily basis is an example of–
(a) Frequency (b) Updating (c) Volume (d) Amplitude (e) All of these (Ans : d)
6. These types of ports typically provide connections to specialized devices such as camcorders and storage devices–
(a) Serial (b) Parallel (c) FireWire (d) AGP (e) None of these (Ans : c)
7. SMPS stands for–
(a) Start Mode Power Supply (b) Store Mode Power Supply (c) Switched Mode Power Supply
(d) Single Mode Power Supply (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
8. To maximize of restore a selected window–
(a) CTRL + F9 (b) CTRL + F7 (c) CTRL + F10 (d) CTRL + F8 (e) None of these (Ans : a)
9. What is the acronym for Single In-line Memory Module?
(a) SILMM (b) SIMM (c) SM (d) SMM (e) None of these (Ans : b)
10. With this type of memory, large programs are divided into parts and the parts stored on a secondary device, usually a hard disk–
(a) Flash (b) Cache (c) Extended (d) Virtual (e) None of these (Ans : d)
11. Resistance is measured in?
(a) Volts (b) Amps (c) Watts (d) Ohms (e) Volt-Amps (Ans : d)
12. Chip is a common nickname for a (n)–
(a) transistor (b) resistor (c) integrated circuit (d) semiconductor (e) None of these (Ans : c)
13. The access method used for magnetic tape is–
(a) Direct (b) Random (c) Sequential (d) All of these (e) None of these (Ans : c)
14. Which device of computer operation dispenses with the use of the keyboard?
(a) Joystick (b) Light pen (c) Mouse (d) Touch (e) None of these (Ans : c)
15. What is the other name for programmed chip?
(a) RAM (b) ROM (c) LSIC (d) PROM (e) None of these (Ans : b)
16. When data changes in multiple lists and all lists are not updated, this causes–
(a) data redundancy (b) information overload (c) duplicate data
(d) data inconsistency (e) None of the above (Ans : d)
17. Which of the following field is not a part of frame?
(a) Kind (b) Seq (c) Header (d) Info (e) None of these (Ans : c)
18. A communication processor that connects dissimilar networks by providing the translation from one set of protocol to another is–
(a) Bridge (b) Gateway (c) Router (d) Modem (e) None of these (Ans : b)
19. Which area in an Excel window allows entering values and formulas?
(a) Title Bar (b) Menu Bar (c) Formula Bar (d) Standard Tool Bar (e) None of these (Ans : c)
20. Which of the following is not a binary code?
(a) EBCDIC (b) ASCII (c) CISC (d) Unicode (e) None of these (Ans : c)
21. The section of the CPU that selects, interprets and sees to the execution of program instructions–
(a) Memory (b) Register unit (c) Control unit (d) ALU (e) None of these (Ans : c)
22. Which of the following is not a logic gate?
(a) AND (b) NOR (c) NAND (d) NAT (e) DR (Ans : d)
23. Verification of a login name and password is known as–
(a) configuration (b) accessibility (c) authentication (d) logging in (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
24. CRT stands for–
(a) Cathode Ray tube (b) Cathodic ray tube (c) Cathode ray tub (d) Cathodic ray tub (e) None of these (Ans : a)
25. Any type of storage that is used for holding information between steps in its processing is–
(a) CPU (b) Primary storage (c) Intermediate storage (d) Internal storage (e) Hard disk (Ans : c)
26. A device, which is not connected to CPU, is called as–
(a) Land-line device (b) On-line device (c) Off-line device (d) Device (e) None of these (Ans : c)
27. ‘MPG’ extension refers usually to what kind of file?
(a) WordPerfect Document file (b) MS Office document (c) Animation/movie file
(d) Image file (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
28. What type of connector is used to plug a telephone line into a modem?
(a) COM1 (b) RJ-11 (c) RJ-45 (d) RJ-10 (e) All of these (Ans : b)
29. URL stands for–
(a) Universal Research List (b) Universal Resource List (c) Uniform Resource Locator
(d) Uniform Research Locator (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
30. Pictures or drawings, typically displayed on a VDU to allow users to select program options is called–
(a) HIPO charts (b) Icons (c) Graphics (d) Network (e) None of these (Ans : b)