Computer GK MCQ1. Most modern TV’s draw power even if turned off the circuit the power is used in does what function?
(a) Sound (b) Color balance (c) High voltage (d) Remote control (e) None of the above (Ans : d)
2. What is the name of the series of Laptop computers manufactured by IBM called?
(a) LapPad (b) Aptiva (c) Thinkpad (d) Vaio (e) None of these (Ans : d)
3. Which computer has been designed to be as compact as possible?
(a) Micro computer (b) Mini (c) Super computer (d) Mainframe (e) None of these (Ans : a)
4. A device mounted on a communication satellite which receives, amplifies and re-transmits signals from earth station is–
(a) Track (b) Transistor (c) Transponder (d) Terminal (e) None of these (Ans : c)
5. Which of the following offers a combination of the features of RAM and ROM?
(a) Flash Memory (b) DRAM (c) DDR (d) Cache (e) None of these (Ans : a)
6. Which technology is used in a CDROM Drive?
(a) Mechanical (b) Optical (c) Electro mechanical (d) Fiber Optical (e) None of these (Ans : b)
7. What is the part of a database that holds only one type of information?
(a) Field (b) Report (c) Record (d) File (e) None of these (Ans : a)
8. Soft copy of a document has the characteristics that it can be–
(a) touched (b) touched and viewed (c) none (d) viewed only (e) Both (a) and (c) (Ans : d)
9. Data (information) is stored in computer as–
(a) Directories (b) Files (c) Floppies (d) Magnetic disk (e) None of these (Ans : b)
10. The pieces of equipment which are attached to the CPU of a computer and which it can access are called–
(a) output devices (b) peripherals (c) control units (d) hardware (e) None of these (Ans : b)
11. The binary system uses powers of–
(a) 2 (b) 10 (c) 8 (d) 16 (e) 18 (Ans : b)
12. Which of the following is Not a type of motherboard expansion slot?
(a) ISA (b) PCI (c) AGP (d) ATX (e) None of these (Ans : d)
13. The control of the jobs running within a system is–
(a) Job monitoring (b) Job stream (c) Job min (d) Job step (e) None of these (Ans : a)
14. How many digits of the DNIC (Data Network Identification Code) identify the country?
(a) first three (b) first four (c) first five (d) first six (e) first two (Ans : a)
15. A common boundary between two systems is called–
(a) Interdiction (b) Interface (c) Surface (d) All of these (e) None of these (Ans : b)
16. Which of the following enables you to make multiple changes in a document at once?
(a) Find command (b) Replace command (c) Drag and Drop (d) Copy command (e) None of these (Ans : b)
17. A computer program that converts assembly language to machine language is–
(a) Compiler (b) Interpreter (c) Assembler (d) Comparator (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
18. Copying a process from memory to disk to allow space for other processes is Called–
(a) Swapping (b) Deadlock (c) Demand Paging (d) Page Fault (e) None of the above (Ans : a)
19. All the information collected during database development is stored in a–
(a) repository (b) data warehouse (c) RAD (d) CASE (e) None of these (Ans : b)
20. The track on a disk which can be accused without repositioning the R/W heads is–
(a) Surface (b) Cylinder (c) Cluster (d) All of these (e) Circular (Ans : b)
21. Any piece of equipment forming an interface to a data communication system is–
(a) DTE (b) DTA (c) CSA (d) DCA (e) None of these (Ans : b)
22. Which access method is used for obtaining a record from a cassette tape?
(a) Direct (b) Sequential (c) Random (d) All of the above (e) Indirect (Ans : b)
23. Which of the following is NOT a type of computer hard drive?
(a) IDE (b) FDD (c) SCSI (d) EIDE (e) None of these (Ans : b)
24. Pressing and quickly releasing the left button of the mouse is called–
(a) Double Click (b) Right Click (c) Up Click (d) Left Click (e) Both (a) and (b) (Ans : d)
25. Primary memory stores–
(a) Data alone (b) Programs alone (c) Results alone (d) Registers alone (e) All of these (Ans : e)
26. The word FTP stands for–
(a) File Translate Protocol (b) File Transit Protocol (c) File Typing Protocol
(d) File Transfer Protocol (e) None of the above (Ans : a)
27. Which of the following conditions is used to transmit two packets over a medium at the same time?
(a) Contention (b) Collision (c) Synchronous (d) Asynchronous (e) None of the above (Ans : b)
28. IP address means–
(a) Internet Protocol (b) Internal Power (c) Intranet protocol (d) Internal Protocol (e) Both (a) and (b) (Ans : a)
29. Which of the following are commonly found on web pages?
(a) internet (b) hyperlinks (c) intranet (d) all of these (e) None of these (Ans : b)
30. A name applied by Intel corp. to high speed MOS technology is called–
(a) HDLC (b) LAP (c) HMOS (d) SDLC (e) SMOS (Ans : c)