Students can learn and improve important Computer Awareness questions and answers for RRB Exams 2016.
1. Which of the following ports is used for connecting musical instruments to a sound card?
(a) MIDI (b) AGP (c) USB (d) SCS (e) None of these (Ans : a)
2. Which of the following is handy to carry yet can store large amounts of data?
(a) Floppy Disk (b) Zip Disk (c) Hard Disk (d) CDROM (e) None of these (Ans : b)
3. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is–
(a) terminal emulation (b) terminal adapter (c) bulletin board (d) modem (e) None of these (Ans : a)
4. Digital computer consumes electric power as compare to analog computer.
(a) Equal (b) Less (c) More (d) Alike (e) None of these (Ans : b)
5. A hard disk is divided into tracks which are further sub-divided into–
(a) sectors (b) clusters (c) vectors (d) heads (e) None of these (Ans : a)
6. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is–
(a) allocated on stack (b) allocated in RAM (c) allocated in ROM.
(d) assigned to registers (e) allocated in cache (Ans : a)
7. A message with replies on a newsgroup is often called a–
(a) list (b) thread (c) post (d) comment (e) None of these (Ans : b)
8. To move a copy of file from one computer to another over a communication channel is called–
(a) File encryption (b) File modification (c) File copying (d) File transfer (e) None of these (Ans : d)
9. Which of the following is not an option of the spelling dialog box?
(a) Ignore (b) Ignore all (c) Change (d) Edit (e) None of these (Ans : d)
10. On the motherboard, the connection points for chips are referred to as–
(a) wired (b) slots (c) sockets (d) ports (e) None of these (Ans : a)
11. Which output device is used for translating information from a computer into pictorial form on paper.
(a) Mouse (b) Plotter (c) Touch panel (d) Card punch (e) None of the above (Ans : b)
12. Which term identifies a specific computer on the web and the main page of the entire site?
(a) URL (b) Web site address (c) Hyperlink (d) Domain name (e) None of these (Ans : a)
13. To recover files from a backup, you perform a–
(a) restore (b) scan (c) unerase (d) copy (e) None of these (Ans : a)
14. The time for which a piece of equipment operates is called–
(a) Seek time (b) Effective time (c) Access time (d) Real time (e) None of the above (Ans : b)
15. Which layer defines the mechanical, electrical, and timing interfaces to the network?
(a) Physical Layer (b) Data Link Layer (c) Network Layer (d) Application Layer (e) None of these (Ans : a)
16. Which of the following helps to reduce spelling error in the document?
(a) Auto Format (b) Auto Correct (c) Smart Tags (d) Auto Text (e) None of these (Ans : b)
17. A general purpose single-user microcomputer designed to be operated by one person at a time is–
(a) Special-purpose computer (b) KIPS (c) M (d) PC (e) None of these (Ans : d)
18. The task of performing operations like arithmetic and logical operations is called–
(a) Processing (b) Storing (c) Editing (d) Sorting (e) None of these (Ans : e)
19. The horizontal and vertical lines on a worksheet are called–
(a) cells (b) sheets (c) block lines (d) gridlines (e) None of these (Ans : d)
20. ‘DOS’ floppy disk does not have–
(a) A Boot Record (b) A File Allocation Table (c) A Root Directory (d) BIOS (e) None of these (Ans : d)
21. Tiny circuit-boards etched onto squares of sand-like material called silicon are called–
(a) buses (b) slots (c) sockets (d) chips (e) None of these (Ans : d)
22. The process of communicating with a file from a terminal is–
(a) Interactive (b) Interrogation (c) Heuristic (d) All of the above (e) Multiplexing (Ans : b)
23. Which of the following device can store large amounts of data?
(a) Floppy Disk (b) Hard Disk (c) CD ROM (d) Zip Disk (e) None of these (Ans : b)
24. Which language is used to create macros in Excel?
(a) Visual Basic (b) C (c) Visual C (d) Java (e) None of these (Ans : a)
25. A computer program that instructs other program to perform a particular type of operation is–
(a) System software (b) Application program (c) Compiler (d) Interpreter (e) Assembler (Ans : a)
26. What displays the content of the active cell in Excel?
(a) Name Box (b) Row Headings (c) Formula Bar (d) Taskpane (e) None of these (Ans : c)
27. To copy a picture of the selected window to the clipboard–
(a) ALT + TAB (b) Ctrl + TAB (c) ALT + Print Screen (d) Both (a) and (b) (e) Both (a) and (c) (Ans : c)
28. In the language of the computer profession, one thousand position of main storage is represented with the letter–
(a) K (b) L (c) M (d) C (e) D (Ans : a)
29. A program component that allows structuring of a program in an unusual way is know as–
(a) Correlation (b) Coroutine (c) Diagonalization (d) Quene (e) None of these (Ans : b)
30. This power protection device includes a battery that provides a few minutes of power.
(a) Surge suppressor (b) Line conditioner (c) Generator (d) UPS (e) None of these (Ans : d)