These all General Awareness questions will very helpful to you for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh B.Ed. Joint Entrance Exam and Madhya Pradesh B.Ed., M.Ed. competitive exams 2016 and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. The human body gets most of its energy, from plant foods, in the form of–
(a) Minerals (b) Vitamins (c) Carbohydrates (d) Proteins (Ans : b)
2. Which of the following makes the major contribution to the revenue of Indian Railways?
(a) Goods traffic earnings (b) Sundry earnings (c) Passenger earnings (d) Coaching earnings (Ans : a)
3. Spot the odd one from the following–
(a) Kalapakkam (b) Narora (c) Tarapur (d) Trombay (Ans : d)
4. The RBI Governor is–
(a) Montek Singh Ahluwalia (b) Kaushik Basu (c) Arvind Mayaram (d) Raghuram Rajan (Ans : d)
5. In which of the following medium sound travels faster?
(a) Iron bar (b) Steam (c) Water (d) Carbon dioxide (Ans : a)
6. Which European statesman was called e "Iron Chancellor" ?
(a) Moltke (b) Otto Von Bismarck (c) Metternich (D) William I (Ans : b)
7. Which of the following is not a member of G-20 ?
(a) Bangladesh (b) India (c) Saudi Arabia (d) European Central Bank (Ans : a)
8. Who was the first Indian to become the President of UN General Assembly?
(a) Natwar Singh (b) Krishna Menon (c) Ms. Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit (d) Ramesh Bhandari (Ans : c)
9. Which of the following is a non-biodegradable pollutant?
(a) Fruits (b) Plastic (c) Mud (d) Leaves (Ans : b)
10. Which of the following is not a unit of energy ?
(a) N-m (b) Joule (c) W-s (d) Kg-m/s (Ans : d)
11. The Chairman of 'Lalit Kala Academy' is–
(a) Pt. Bhim Sen (b) Rahul Chakrapani (c) Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty (d) Vasudev Acharya (Ans : c)
12. The gas used in balloons is–
(a) Oxygen (b) Carbon dioxide (c) Helium (d) Hydrogen (Ans : c)
13. Firoja Begum is associated with–
(a) Acting (b) Nazrul-Geeti (c) Social Service (d) Politics (Ans : b)
14. The New Zealanders are also known as–
(a) Sams (b) Kiwis (c) Ashes (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
15. Which layer of atmosphere enables us to have wireless communication?
(a) Stratosphere (b) Thermosphere (c) Mesosphere (d) Troposphere (Ans : b)
16. Oxygen is a–
(a) Supporter of combustion (b) Constituent of all gases (c) Combustible gas (d) Reducing agent (Ans : a)
17. Which State is called the 'agricultural epitome' of India?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) West Bengal (d) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : d)
18. Circulatory system of starfish is called–
(a) Water vascular system (b) Haemal system (c) Canal system (d) Gastrovascular system (Ans : a)
19. Breathing roots are seen in–
(a) Halophytes (b) Epiphytes (c) Hydrophytes (d) Xerophytes (Ans : a)
20. The Mangrove forests of the Ganges Delta are known as-
(a) Sundarbans (b) Evergreen forests (c) Scrub vegetation (d) Monsoon forests (Ans : a)
21. The largest source of pollution in the world is–
(a) Automobile exhausts (b) Herbicides and pesticides (c) Industrial affluents (d) Sewage and garbage Ans : c)
22. Fructose is called–
(a) Fruit sugar (b) Cane sugar (c) Grape sugar (d) Beet sugar (Ans : a)
23. The confluence of rivers Bhagirathi and Alakanda is at–
(a) Rudra Prayag (b) Vishnu Prayag (c) Kam Prayag (d) Deo Prayag (Ans : d)
24. The transmission of data from a local computer to remote computer is called–
(a) Installation (b) Configuration (c) Download (d) Upload (Ans : d)
25. Point out from the following the first woman Speaker of Lok Sabha ?
(a) Sonia Gandhi (b) Sushma Swaraj (c) Margaret Alva (d) Meera Kumar (Ans : d)
26. The only organisation concerned with children's wel-fare all over the world is–
(a) UNICEF (b) UNFP (c) UNESCO (d) UNIDO (Ans : a)
27. Hydrophobia is–
(a) Like for water (b) Itch mite (c) Vomiting (d) Fear for water (Ans : d)
28. The study of the relation of animals and plants to their surroundings is called–
(a) Geneology (b) iconology (c) Ecology (d) Ethnology (Ans : c)
29. Among the following liquids which one evaporates faster?
(a) Water (b) Alcohol (c) Petrol (d) Kerosene (Ans : c)
30. Which boundary line separates India from Pakistan?
(a) Redcliffe Line (b) 17th Parallel (c) Durand Line (d) McMahon Line (Ans : a)