These all Computer Knowledge questions will very helpful to you for the IBPS, Bank Clerk, Bank PO, RBI, National Insurance and other competitive exams.
1. A collection of interrelated files in a computer is a—
(A) file manager (B) field (C) record (D) database (Ans : D)
2. An e-mail address typically consists of a user ID followed by the ……… sign and the name of the e-mail server that manages the user’s electronic post office box.
(A) @ (B) # (C) & (D) * (Ans : A)
3. What is usually used for displaying information at public places ?
(A) Monitors (B) Overhead Projections (C) Monitors and Overhead Projections (D) Touch Screen Kiosks (Ans : D)
4. ……makes it possible for shoppers to make purchases using their computers.
(A) E-world (B) E-commerce (C) E-spend (D) E-business (Ans : D)
5. In MICR, C stands for ……….
(A) Code (B) Colour (C) Computer (D) Character (Ans : D)
6. A file extension is separated from the main file name with a(n) ……, but no spaces.
(A) question mark (B) exclamation mark (C) underscore (D) None of these (Ans : D)
7. A computer-intensive problemruns on a—
(A) server (B) main frame (C) supercomputer (D) super PC (Ans : C)
8. A………typically connects personal computers within a very limited geographical area, usually within a single building.
(A) LAN (B) BAN (C) TAN (D) NAN (Ans : A)
9. The first step in the transaction processing cycle is—
(A) database operations (B) audit (C) data entry (D) user inquiry (Ans : C)
10. Application software is designed to accomplish—
(A) real-world tasks (B) computer-centric tasks (C) gaming tasks (D) operating system tasks (Ans : D)
11. A directory within a directory is called—
(A) Mini Directory (B) Junior Directory (C) Part Directory (D) Sub Directory (Ans : D)
12. A Web ……… consists of one or more Web pages located on a Web server.
(A) hub (B) site (C) story (D) template (Ans : B)
13. When installing ………, the user must copy and usually decompress program files from a CDROM or other medium to the hard disk.
(A) programming software (B) system hardware (C) applications hardware (D) applications software (Ans : A)
14. Computers manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called—
(A) utilizing (B) batching (C) upgrading (D) processing (Ans : D)
15. The term ……… designates equipment that might be added to a computer system to enhance its functionality.
(A) digital device (B) system add-on (C) disk pack (D) peripheral device (Ans : D)
16. Software applies……, also called algorithms, to process data.
(A) arithmetic (B) procedures (C) objects (D) rules (Ans : A)
17. Collecting personal information and effectively posing as another individual is known as the crime of—
(A) spooling (B) dentity theft (C) spoofing (D) hacking (Ans : B)
18. A(n)………camera is a peripheral device used to capture still images in a digital format that can be easily transferred into a computer and manipulated using graphics software.
(A) digital (B) analog (C) classic (D) film (Ans : A)
19. Approximately how many bytes make one megabyte ?
(A) One thousand (B) Ten thousand (C) One hundred (D) One million (Ans : D)
20. A computer ……… is a set of pinstructions that can attach itself to a file, reproduce itself, and spread to other files.
(A) worm (B) virus (C) trojan horse (D) phishing scam (Ans : B)
21. A Website’s main page is called its—
(A) home page (B) browser page (C) search place (D) bookmark (Ans : A)
22. When you save to ………, your data will remain intact even when the computer is turned off.
(A) RAM (B) motherboard (C) secondary storage device (D) primary storage device (Ans : C)
23. Various applications and documents are represented on the Windows desktop by—
(A) Symbols (B) Labels (C) Graphs (D) Icons (Ans : D)
24. A telephone number, a birth date, and a customer name are all examples of—
(A) a record (B) data (C) a file (D) a database (Ans : D)
25. All the deleted files go to—
(A) Recycle Bin (B) Task Bar (C) Tool Bar (D) My Computer (Ans : A)
26. An ad hoc query is a—
(A) pre-planned question (B) pre-scheduled question (C) spur-of-the-moment question (D) question that will not return any results (Ans : B)
27. Which key is used in combination with another key to perform a specific task ?
(A) Function (B) Control (C) Arrow (D) Space bar (Ans : B)
28. Programs such as Internet Explorer that serve as navigable windows into the Web are called—
(A) Hypertext (B) Networks (C) Internet (D) Web browsers (Ans : D)
29. A ……… computer is a large and expensive computer capable of simultaneously processing data for hundreds or thousands of users.
(A) server (B) mainframe (C) desktop (D) tablet (Ans : B)
30. C, BASIC, COBOL, and Java are examples of ……… languages.
(A) low-level (B) computer (C) system programming (D) high-level (Ans : D)
31. A ……… is a device that not only provides surge protection, but also furnishes your computer with battery backup power during a power outage.
(A) surge strip (B) USB (C) UPS (D) battery strip (Ans : C)
32. When writing a document, you can use the ……… feature to find an appropriate word or an alternative word if you find yourself stuck for the right word.
(A) dictionary (B) word finder (C) encyclopedia (D) thesaurus (Ans : A)
33. Networks are monitored by security personnel and supervised by ………who set(s) up accounts and passwords for authorized network users.
(A) IT managers (B) the government (C) network administrators (D) password administrators (Ans : C)
34. What is MP3 ?
(A) A mouse (B) A Printer (C) A Sound format (D) A Scanner (Ans : C)
35. The desktop contains small graphics called—
(A) windows (B) logos (C) icons (D) pictures (Ans : C)
36. A disk’s content that is recorded at the time of manufacture and that cannot be changed or erased by the user is—
(A) read-only (B) memory-only (C) run-only (D) write-only (Ans : A)
37. The human-readable version of a program is called—
(A) source code (B) program code (C) human code (D) system code (Ans : D)
38. ……… this is the act of copying or downloading a program from a network and making multiple copies of it.
(A) Network piracy (B) Plagiarism(C) Software piracy (D) Site-license piracy (Ans : C)
39. ……… is the result produced by a computer.
(A) Data (B) Memory (C) Output (D) Input (Ans : C)
40. Fax machines and imaging systems are examples of—
(A) bar-code readers (B) imaging systems (C) scanning devices (D) pen-based systems (Ans : B)