RRC South Eastern Railway (Bhubaneswar) Group ‘D’ Exam of the year 2014 held on dated 2 November, 2014. We are giving 30 questions of General Knowledge of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming Railway Recruitment Board exams also.
1. Which of the following is the lightest metal?
(a) Mercury (b) Silver (c) Lithium (d) Lead (Ans : c)
2. The number of points in a Mariner's Compass is–
(a) 64 (b) 32 (c) 24 (d) 8 (Ans : b)
3. The average weight of human male brain is about–
(a) 1 kg (b) 1200 gms (c) 1350 gms (d) 1500 gms (Ans : d)
Also See : RRC Group D Maths Reasoning Solved Paper
4. Ready source of energy available for athletes is–
(a) Carbohydrates (b) Fats (c) Proteins (d) Vitamins (Ans : a)
5. The main occupation of the people of the Indus Valley Civilization was
(a) Agriculture (b) Cattle rearing (c) Hunting (d) Trade (Ans : a)
6. Panchatantra was written by–
(a) Kalidasa (b) Vishnu Sharma (c) Tulsidas (d) Banabhatta (Ans : b)
7. Which of the following is the largest living mammal?
(a) Giraffe (b) White Elephant (c) Rhinoceros (d) Blue Whale (Ans : d)
8. The sweetest sugar is–
(a) Sucrose (b) Glucose (c) Fructose (d) Lactose (Ans : c)
9. Solar system was discovered by–
(a) Kepler (b) Galileo (c) Copernicus (d) Eratosthenes (Ans : c)
10. Geostationary orbit is at a height of–
(a) 6 km (b) 1000 km (c) 3600 km (d) 36000 km (Ans : d)
11. Which of the following is not a correct example of tropical cyclone?
(a) Tornadoes (b) Typhoons (c) Hurricanes (d) Nor' Westers (Ans : d)
12. Which is the largest Gulf in the World?
(a) The Gulf of Cambay (b) The Gulf of Mexico (c) The Persian Gulf (d) The Strait of Hormuz (Ans : b)
13. Khyber Pass is in–
(a) Bangladesh (b) Bhutan (c) India (d) Pakistan (Ans : d)
14. Which State has the largest coastline in India?
(a) Gujarat (b) Tamil Nadu (c) Karnataka (d) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : a)
15. Yellow Sea is located in
(a) U.S.S.R. (b) North Pacific Ocean (c) U.S.A. (d) North Atlantic Ocean Ans : (b)
16. The Siachen Glacier is in–
(a) Jammu (b) Aksai Chin (c) Ladakh (d) Garhwal (Ans : c)
17. Which State has the largest number of sugar mills?
(a) Punjab (b) Haryana (c) Tamil Nadu (d) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : d)
18. The Indian Constitution was enforced on–
(a) 30th Jan, 1950 (b) 26th Jan, 1950 (c)15th Aug, 1947 (d) 26th Nov, 1949 Ans : (b)
19. What is the minimum age for appointment as a Governor?
(a) 25 years (b) 30 years (c) 35 years (d) 40 years (Ans : c)
20. Who is known as the 'Lady with the Lamp' ?
(a) Iron of Arc (b) Sarojini Naidu (c) Indira Gandhi (d) Florence Nightingale (Ans : d)
21. R. K. Laxman is a renowned
(a) Journalist (b) Writer (c) Cartoonist (d) None of these (Ans : c)
22. Nobel Prizes are given in how many fields?
(a) 5 (b) 6 (c) 7 (d) 8 (Ans : b)
23. With which game is the Agha Khan Cup associated?
(a) Football (b) Cricket (c) Basketball (d) Hockey (Ans : d)
24. The term 'Duck' is associated with–
(a) Soccer (b) Volleyball (c) Golf (d) Cricket (Ans : d)
25. Velocity of light was measured by–
(a) Romer (b) Newton (c) Galileo (d) Einstein (Ans : a)
26. The final of the Football World Cup 2014 was played between–
(a) Argentina and Germany (b) Brazil and Germany (c) Germany and Italy (d) Argentina and Netherland (Ans : a)
27. Who claimed the Orange Cap in IPL-7 for scoring maximum runs?
(a) Glen Maxwell (b) Suresh Raina (c) Robin Uthappa (d) David Miller (Ans : c)
28. Who united all the Sikhs and founded a Kingdom in the Punjab?
(a) Guru Nanak (b) Guru Govind Singh (c) Guru Teg Bahadur (d) Maharaja Ranjit Singh (Ans : d)
29. Which milk contains more fat?
(a) Cow (b) Buffalo (c) Camel (d) Reindeer (Ans : d)
30. For transfusion the 'O' blood group of a donar can be accepted by a person having blood group–
(a) A (b) B (c) AB (d) All of these (Ans : d)