SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam
For Data Entry Operators and Lower Division Clerks
1. Who was the contemporary South Indian ruler of Harshavardhana ?
(A) Krishnadevaraya (B) Pulakeshin II (C) Mayuravarma (D) Chikkadevaraja Wodeyar (Ans : B)
2. Nappe is a kind of–
(A) fluvial feature (B) folded structure (C) erosional plain (D) delta region (Ans : B)
3. The Panama Canal is different from the Suez Canal as it has–
(A) Lock System (B) Shorter route (C) Busy route (D) Less busy route (Ans : A)
4. The area which is resistant to any massive structural transformation is called–
(A) rigid mass (B) ancient landmass (C) tectonic plate (D) shield (Ans : D)
5. Llanos are the grasslands of–
(A) Guyana Highlands (B) Brazillian Highlands (C) Argentina (D) Chile (Ans : D)
6. The areas marked by internal drainage–
(A) Plateau (B) Plains (C) Deserts (D) Mountains (Ans : C)
7. The space retaining life in any form is called–
(A) Biomass (B) Biosphere (C) Lithosphere (D) Hydrosphere (Ans : B)
8. Rhizobium is a kind of–
(A) Photosynthetic bacteria (B) Symbiotic bacteria (C) Parasitic bacteria (D) Saprophytic bacteria (Ans : B)
9. A Parenchyma cell which stores ergastic substance is known as–
(A) Phragmoblast (B) ldioblast (C) Conidioplast (D) Chloroplast (Ans : B)
10. Root Hairs arise from–
(A) Cortex (B) Pericycle (C) Epidermis (D) Endodermis (Ans : C)
11. The gametophyte is called prothallus in–
(A) Pteridophyta (B) Bryophyta (C) Spermatophyta (D) Thallophyta (Ans : *)
12 The best example of Polyembryony is–
(A) Cocoa (B) Capsicum (C) Citrus (D) Cycas (Ans : C)
13. moving neutron collides with a stationary α-particle. The fraction of the kinetic energy lost by the neutron is–
(A) 1/4 (B) 1/16 (C) 9/25 (D) 16/25 (Ans : D)
14. Which of these waves can be polarised ?
(A) Sound waves in air (B) Longitudinal waves on a string (C) Transverse wave on a string (D) Light waves (Ans : D)
15. The unit of Planck's constant is–
(A) Js (B) Js-2 (C) J/s (D) Js2 (Ans : A)
16. If a wire of resistance R is melted and recast to half of its length, then the new resistance of the wire will be–
(A) R/4 (B) R/2 (C) R (D) 2R (Ans : A)
17. Hard copies can be obtained from–
(A) Scanner (B) Speaker (C) Printer (D) Recorder (Ans : C)
18. In an E-R diagram, ellipse represents–
(A) relation (B) entity (C) fields (D) Attributes (Ans : D)
19. Chemical name of common salt is–
(A) Sodium Chloride (B) Sodium Bicarbonate (C) Sodium (D) Sodium Oxide (Ans : A)
20. Which one of the following minerals does not contain oxygen ?
(A) Haematite (B) Bauxite (C) Cryolite (D) Calcite (Ans : C)
21. A non-electronic conductor is–
(A) Iron (B) Gas Carbon (C) Copper Sulphate (D) Mercury (Ans : B)
22. Which of the following will replace hydrogen from acids to form salts?
(A) S (B) Na (C) Ag (D) P (Ans : B)
23. Which type of lake is formed by volcanic activities ?
(A) Lagoon (B) Fresh water lake (C) Cladera lake (D) Karst lake (Ans : C)
24. Green manure is obtained from–
(A) Domestic vegetable waste (B) Oil-seed husk cakes (C) Fresh animal excreta (D) Decomposing green legume plants (Ans : D)
25. The environment includes–
(A) Abiotic factors (B) Biotic factors (C) Oxygen and Nitrogen (D) Abiotic and Biotic factors (Ans : D)
26. The temperate grasslands of North America are known as–
(A) Pampas (B) Downs (C) Steppes (D) Prairies (Ans : D)
27. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is located at–
(A) Paradip (B) Cochin (C) Mumbai (D) Kolkata (Ans : C)
28. How many islands are there in Lakshadweep?
(A) 17 (B) 27 (C) 36 (D) 47 (Ans : C)
29. Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony 2013 has been given to–
(A) Zubin Mehta (B) Narendra Kohli (C) Shalini Singh (D) Arvind Adiga (Ans : A)
30. Winner of the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2013–
(A) Ela Bhatt (B) Angela Merkel (C) Lydia Davis (D) Christina Legarde (Ans : B)
31. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma is an exponent of–
(A) Mandolin (B) Santoor (C) Sitar (D) Veena (Ans : B)
32. Moortidevi Award is given annually in which of the following fields?
(A) Literature (B) Films (C) Journalism (D) Music (Ans : A)
33. Nobel Prizes are distributed annually at–
(A) Manila (B) Stockholm (C) Geneva (D) New York (Ans : B)
34. 'Freedom From Fear' is a book written by–
(A) Benazir Bhutto (B) Corazon Aquino (C) Aung San Suu Kyi (D) Nayantara Sehgal (Ans : C)
35. Who is the author of the book 'Nineteen Eighty Four' ?
(A) J. M. Barrie (B) Walter Scott (C) George Orwell (D) Thomas Hardy (Ans : C)
36. The 28th Annual Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran 2013 was conferred on–
(A) Sonu Nigam (B) Kailash Kher (C) Hariharan (D) A.R. Rahman (Ans : C)
37. The internal rate of return–
(A) must be less than the interest rate if the firm is to invest. (B) makes the present value of profits equal to the present value of costs.
(C) falls as the annual yield of an investment rises. (D) is equal to the market interest rate for all the firm's investment. (Ans : C)
38. As the number of investments made by a firm increases, its internal rate of return–
(A) declines due to diminishing marginal productivity. (B) declines because the market rate of interest will fall, ceteris paribus.
(C) increases to compensate the firm for the current consumption forgone. (D) increases because the level of saving will fall. (Ans : D)
39. Capacity utilisation–
(A) is usually near 100 percent. (B) represents the percent of the labour force that is employed.
(C) is a measure of the proportional of the existing capital stock used for current production.
(D) rises as the economy moves into a recession, since firms must replace unemployed workers with some other resources to maintain production. (Ans : C)
40. The theory of "Maximum Social Advantage" in Public Finance was given by–
(A) Robbins (B) Musgrave (C) Findley (D) Dalten (Ans : D)
41. The value of investment multiplier relates to–
(A) change in income due to change in autonomous investment. (B) change in autonomous investment due to change in income.
(C) change in income due to change in consumption. (D) change in income due to change in induced investment. (Ans : B)
42. When did the Constituent Assembly adopt National Anthem?
(A) 25th January 1950 (B) 26th January 1950 (C) 24th January 1950 (D) 29th January 1950 (Ans : C)
43. The President of India is an integral part of the–
(A) Parliament (B) The Lok Sabha (C) Rajya Sabha (D) Council of Ministers (Ans : A)
44. Union Public Service Commission has to submit the report to the–
(A) President (B) Parliament (C) Lok Sabha (D) Rajya Sabha (Ans : A)
45. How many times was the Preamble of the Constitution amended ?
(A) Three times (B) Two times (C) Once (D) Not amended (Ans : C)
46. An ordinance issued by the Governor is subject to approval by–
(A) The President (B) The State Legislature (C) The State Council of Ministers (D) The Parliament (Ans : B)
47. Which rebellion in Bengal was highlighted by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee in his novel 'Aanad Math' ?
(A) Chaur Uprising (B) Sanyasi Rebellion (C) Kol Uprising (D) Santhal Uprising (Ans : B)
48. Name the Greek Ambassador at the Mauryan Court.
(A) Alexander (B) Megasthanese (C) Plato (D) Aristotle (Ans : B)
49. When the rule of the Delhi Sultan began?
(A) 1106 A.D. (B) 1206 A.D. (C) 1306 A.D. (D) 1406 A.D. (Ans : B)
50. Who introduced leather token currency in India ?
(A) Akbar (B) Moharnmed-bin-Tughlaq (C) Babur (D) Humayun(Ans : B)