RRC Eastern Railway Group ‘D’ exam of the year 2014 held on dated 9 November, 2014. We are giving 70 questions of General Knowledge of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming Railway Recruitment Board exams also.
See also : RRC Mathematics Solved Questions
1. Chauri Chaura incident took place on–
(a) February 5, 1922 (b) January 5, 1921 (c) March 5, 1923 (d) April 10, 1924 (Ans : a)
2. Rana Sangha was defeated by Babur in 1527 in the battle of–
(a) Panipat (b) Haldtghat (c) Chausa (d) Khanwa (Ans : d)
See also : Indian Railway Trains General Knowledge
3. Treaty of Salbai took place in the year–
(a) 1780 (b) 1781 (c) 1782 (d) 1783 (Ans : c)
4. 'Ramacharitmanas' was written by–
(a) Tulsidas (b) Namdev (c) Gyandev (d) Kabir (Ans : a)
5. The famous Bengali novel 'Pather Dabi' was written by–
(a) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay (b) Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay
(c) Bibhuti Bhusan Bandyopadhyay (d) Rabindranath Tagore (Ans : b)
6. Freedom fighters Bhagat Singh. Rajguru and Sukhdev were executed on–
(a) 23rd August. 1931 (b) 23rd March. 1931 (c) 31st March. 1931 (d) 29th March. 1931 (Ans : b)
7. The last powerful and significant Gupta king who defeated the Hunas was–
(a) Kumaragupta (b) Chandragupta III (c) Mahagupta (d) Sikandragupta (Ans : d)
8. Who founded 'Khudai Khid-matgar' ?
(a) Abul Kalam Azad (b) Muhammad Barkatullah (c) Hakim Azmal Khan (d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (Ans : d)
9. Who was the Venetian traveller to the Vijayanagar empire?
(a) Nicolo di Conti (b) Megasthenes (c) Vasco da Gama (d) IbnBatuta (Ans : a)
10. Whose clarion call to the nation was- 'Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached' ?
(a) Rabindranath Tagore (b) Dayananda Saraswati (c) Swami Vivekananda (d) Aurobindo Ghosh (Ans : c)
11. Civil Disobedience Movement was started by Gandhiji in the year–
(a) 1929 (b) 1930 (c) 1931 (d) 1932 (Ans : b)
12. Who was the British Prime Minister when India achieved independence?
(a) Ramsay Macdonald (b) Winston Churchill (c) Clement Atlee (d) Stafford Cripps (Ans : c)
13. Poona Pact (1932) was between Gandhiji and–
(a) Vallabbhai Patel (b) Rajendra Prasad (c) Lord Irwin (d) B. R. Ambedkar (Ans : d)
14. Satyashodhak Samaj was founded by–
(a) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (b) Jyotiba Phule (c) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (d) Govind Ballabh Pant (Ans : b)
15. Who was the ninth Guru of the Sikhs?
(a) Guru Ramdas (b) Guru Govind Singh (c) Guru Teg Bahadur (d) Guru Amardas (Ans : c)
16. Vasco da Gama set foot on the Indian soil in the year–
(a) 1487 (b) 1488 (c) 1489 (d) 1498 (Ans : d)
17. Shivaji assumed the title 'Chatrapati' in the year–
(a) 1670 (b) 1672 (c) 1673 (d) 1674 (Ans : d)
18. Who was the proponent of 'Din-i-Ilahi' ?
(a) Shah Jahan (b) Jehangir (c) Humayun (d) Akbar (Ans : d)
19. Which Indian national leader was popularly known as 'Deshbandhu'?
(a) Motilal Nehru (b) Chittaranjan Das (c) Surendranath Banerjee (d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (Ans : b)
20. Who was the writer of Buddhacharita'?
(a) Vasumitra (b) Asvaghosha (c) Panini (d) Visakhdutta (Ans : b)
21. In which country is the volcanic mountain Mt Catopaxi situated?
(a) U.S.A. (b) Mexico (c) Italy (d) Ecuador (Ans : d)
22. What is the special branch of Geology by which earthquake is studied?
(a) Anthropology (b) Epilogy (c) Seismology (d) Earthology (Ans : c)
23. Northern half of Western Ghats is known as–
(a) Sahyadri (b) Malayadri (c) Satpura (d) Nilgiri (Ans : a)
24. Ranathambore wild life sanctuary is located in the state of–
(a) Gujrat (b) Assam (c) Karnataka (d) Rajasthan (Ans : d)
25. What type of mountain is the Andes?
(a) Block (b) Fold (c) Residual (d) Volcanic (Ans : b)
26. The river which is known as 'Sorrow of Bengal is–
(a) Mahanadi (b) Subarnarekha (c) Tista (d) Damodar (Ans : d)
27. The Hwang Ho plains in China is an example of–
(a) Erosional Plains (b) Structural Plains (c) Coastal Plains (d) Depositional Plains (Ans : d)
28. Which is the largest river of Peninsular India?
(a) The Krishna (b) The Kaveri (c) The Godavari (d) The Pennar (Ans : c)
29. Tributary joining the Ganga from the south is–
(a) Yamuna (b) Son (c) Tapi (d) Gomati (Ans : b)
30. The plateau of Malwa in India is one of the examples of–
(a) Piedmont Plateau (b) Continental Plateau (c) Intermontane Plateau (d) None of these (Ans : a)
31. The atmospheric layer which reflects radio-waves is called–
(a) Exosphere (b) Ionosphere (c) Stratosphere (d) Troposphere (Ans : b)
32. Alloys like brass and bronze are examples of which kind of mixture?
(a) Solid in Solid (b) Solid in Liquid (c) Solid in Gas (d) Gas in Solid (Ans : a)
33. Sulphur dioxide is an example of–
(a) Acidic oxide (b) Basic oxide (c) Neutral oxide (d) Amphoteric oxide (Ans : a)
34. The three primary colours are–
(a) Blue, Green and Red (b) Blue, Yellow and Red (c) Yellow, Orange and Red (d) Violet, Indigo and Blue (Ans : a)
35. The specific heat of water is–
(a) Zero (b) Half (c) Three fourth (d) One (Ans : d)
36. The reverberation of sound in a hall results due to continued–
(a) Reflection (b) Interference (c) Diffraction (d) Absorption (Ans : a)
37. In an electric kettle, water becomes hot by–
(a) Conduction (b) Radiation (c) Moving particles (d) Convection (Ans : d)
38. Galvanising is coating iron with–
(a) Nickel (b) Zinc (c) Chromium (d) Copper (Ans : b)
39. Among the following the compound used as a fertiliser is–
(a) Copper sulphate (b) Ammonium sulphate (c) Sodium sulphate (d) Aluminium sulphate (Ans : b)
40. Deficiency of iron causes–
(a) Nervous disorders (b) Heart diseases (c) Anaemia (d) Impairment of vision (Ans : c)
41. The constituents of German Silver are–
(a) Copper, Nickel, Tin (b) Copper and Silver (c) Copper, Nickel and Chromium (d) Copper, Nickel, Zinc (Ans : d)
42. First organic compound prepared in the laboratory was–
(a) Urea (b) Acetic acid (c) Ammonium sulphate (d) Calcium cynamide (Ans : a)
43. An astronaut in an earth satellite will observe sky as–
(a) Deep red (b) Sky blue (c) Deep blue (d) Black (Ans : d)
44. The chemical name of common salt is–
(a) Sodium chloride (b) Potassium chloride (c) Sodium carbonate (d) Potassium carbonate (Ans : a)
45. Relative humidity is measured by–
(a) Anemometer (b) Thermometer (c) Chronometer (d) Hygrometer (Ans : d)
46. A non-material kind of pollution is–
(a) Land pollution (b) Air pollution (c) Noise pollution (d) Water pollution (Ans : c)
47. The chemical name of vitamin B is–
(a) Riboflavin (b) Cobalamine (c) Ascorbic acid (d) Thiamin (Ans : d)
48. The process by which solids are transformed directly into the vapour state is known as–
(a) Distillation (b) Sedimentation (c) Decantation (d) Sublimation (Ans : d)
49. Temparature is measured by–
(a) Anemometer (b) Thermometer (c) Seismometer (d) Barometer (Ans : b)
50. S.I. unit of heat is–
(a) Faraday (b) Watt (c) Joule (d) Kelvin (Ans : c)
51. Vice-President of India is elected by an electoral college consisting of–
(a) elected members of the Rajya Sabha (b) elected members of both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(c) the members of the parliament and state legislatures (d) the members of both Houses of the Parliament (Ans : b)
52. Capital of Peru is–
(a) Brasilia (b) Montevideo (c) Lima (d) Asuncion (Ans : c)
53. The highest court of appeal in India is–
(a) Parliament (b) High Court (c) Supreme Court (d) Vidhan Sabha (Ans : c)
54. The monetary unit of South Africa is–
(a) Pound (b) Dollar (c) Rand (d) Rupee (Ans : c)
55. Who has been appointed as Home Minister of India after the constitution of 16th Lok Sabha?
(a) Arun Jaitley (b) Ravi Shankar Prasad (c) Sushma Swaraj (d) Rajnath Singh (Ans : d)
56. Which country is called the 'low country' of the earth ?
(a) Spain (b) Holland (c) Italy (d) Hungary (Ans : b)
57. Which article of the Constitution of India deals with the procedure of its amendment?
(a) Article 360 (b) Article 362 (c) Article 368 (d) Article 367 (Ans : c)
58. The largest desert in the world is–
(a) Sahara (b) Gobi (c) Kalahari (d) Thar (Ans : a)
59. Who has been awarded Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2013 ?
(a) Amitabh Bachhan (b) Lata Mangeshkar (c) Gulzar (d) Saumitra Chatterjee (Ans : c)
60. Who was the first human being who went to space?
(a) Neil Armstrong (b) Yurt Gagarin (c) Rakesh Sharma (d) Edwin Aldrin (Ans : b)
61. Who has been awarded Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for 2013?
(a) Angela Markel (b) Dalai Lama (c) Sheikh Hasina (d) Hilary Clinton (Ans : a)
62. River Po flows through–
(a) Austria (b) Italy (c) Yugoslavia (d) France (Ans : b)
63. Which among the following is not a SAARC country?
(a) Myanmar (b) Bhutan (c) India (d) Maldives (Ans : a)
64. The supreme command of the defence forces in India is vested in the–
(a) President (b) Vice President (c) Prime Minister (d) Speaker of the Lok Sabha (Ans : a)
65. Who has been awarded Nobel Prize in literature in the year 2013 ?
(a) Pablo Neruda (b) Omar Pamuk (c) James Coetzee (d) Alice Munro (Ans : d)
66. As per 2011 census of India, which state has the highest population density ?
(a) Bihar (b) West Bengal (c) Kerala (d) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : a)
67. Surya Kiran VI is–
(a) a temple (b) a navy exercise between U.S.A. and India (c) an army exercise between Nepal and India (d) a solar energy plant (Ans : c)
68. Who administers oath of office to the Vice-President of India?
(a) Chief Justice of India (b) President of India (c) Speaker of Lok Sabha (d) Prime Minister of India (Ans : b)
69. Which film has been awarded Oscar Academy Award in 2014 in the category of ' Best Picture'?
(a) Blue Jasmine (b) 12 Years a Slave (c) Gravity (d) Frozen (Ans : b)
70. Who is the author of the famous novel, "One Hundred Years of Solitude"?
(a) Pablo Neruda (b) Charles Dickens (c) V.S. Naipaul (d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Ans : d)