We are giving 46 questions with answers of General Awareness asked in RRB Common Preliminary Examination (Non-Technical Group) of 2012. These all questions will very helpful to you for the upcoming Railway Recruitment Board and Railway Recruitment Cell competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. Under Union Plan, with the purpose of requisition of land for nuclear plant, the following word is written in place of amendment in Atomic Energy Act?
(A) Jaitapur (B) Udpo (C) Kadan Kolam (D) Narauda (Ans : A)
2. Who won Men's singles title in this year's Wimbledon?
(A) Roger Federer (B) Rafael Nadal (C) N. D. Rodick (D) None of these (Ans : A)
3. Recently, Oblapuram had been in news. It is situated in/at–
(A) At the border of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. (B) Odisha (C) Tamilnadu (D) Kerala (Ans : A)
4. Who among the following won silver medal in shooting in recent Olympic games?
(A) Gagan Narang (B) Vijay Kumar (C) Abhinav Bindra (D) Jaspal Rana (Ans : B)
5. Which of the following states is at the top in cement production ?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Tamilnadu (C) Bihar (D) None of these (Ans : A)
6. Headquarters of South-Western Railway are located in–
(A) Bengaluru (B) Hubli (C) Belgaum (D) Secunderabad (Ans : B)
7. Light year is–
(A) Distance between the Earth and the Sun (B) Distance travelled by light in a year
(C) Average distance between the Earth and the Moon (D) None of these (Ans : B)
8. Which country is at the top in cattle population ?
(A) India (B) China (C) U.S.A. (D) Denmark (Ans : A)
9. Who among the following became twice the President of India ?
(A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (B) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan (C) Dr. Jakir Husain (D) Both (A) and (B) (Ans : A)
10. Which of the following was formerly a fundamental right and now it is only a legal right?
(A) Cultural and Educational right (B) Right to property (C) Right against exploitation (D) Right to freedom and religion (Ans : B)
11. During the last 10 years, which of the following countries laid out the highest amount of money as Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India?
(A) U.S.A. (B) U.K. (C) China (D) Japan (Ans : A)
12. PAN is associated with income tax. What is the full form of PAN ?
(A) Permanent Account Number (B) Payment Account Number (C) Pass Book Account Number (D) None of these (Ans : A)
13. How many types of emergencies are there in Indian Constitution?
(A) One (B) Two (C) Three (D) Four (Ans : C)
14. Which is that country that organised World Cup Cricket jointly and won the World Cup?
(A) England (B) West Indies (C) Australia (D) Sri Lanka (Ans : D)
15. Which of the following is taken as crop?
(A) Coffee (B) Tea (C) Rubber (D) All these (Ans : D)
16. Who among the following was the first to be honoured with 'Bharat Ratna' ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru (B) Govind Ballabh Pant (C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) C. V. Raman (Ans : A)
17. Important folk dance of Nongkram is–
(A) Khasion (B) Garo (C) Jention (D) Nagaon (Ans : A)
18. 'Natya Shastra', which is an important source of Indian classical dance, was written by–
(A) Bharat Muni (B) Panini (C) Narad Muni (D) Bhartrihari (Ans : A)
19. The largest lake of Soft water of the world is–
(A) Lake Superior (B) Lake Victoria (C) Hardraiswan (D) None of these (Ans : A)
20. An error in computer programming is termed as–
(A) Big (B) Bit (C) Wires (D) None of these (Ans : A)
21. Physical structure of an adult human being is based on–
(A) 204 bones (B) 206 bones (C) 208 bones (D) 214 bones (Ans : B)
22. In absence of atmosphere, the sky will appear–
(A) Black (B) White (C) Blue (D) Red (Ans : A)
23. The following metal is used in storage batteries–
(A) Iron (B) Copper (C) Zinc (D) Coating (Ans : D)
24. Who among the following is not appointed by the President of India ?
(A) Chief Justice and the judges of High Courts (B) Governors of States
(C) Chief Justice of India and the judges of the Supreme Court (D) Vice President of India (Ans : D)
25. Council of Minister is liable to–
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Rajya Sabha (C) The Prime Minister (D) President (Ans : A)
26. AGMARK is–
(A) A Cooperative Society of production of eggs (B) An organized barley market
(C) A cooperative society of farmers (D) A quality guarantee Seal for consumable goods like eggs, ghee, etc. (Ans : D)
27. Where is Indian Institute of Science located?
(A) New Delhi (B) Madras (C) Kharagpur (D) Bengaluru (Ans : D)
28. Author of the book entitled, 'Imagining India-Ideas for the New Century', is–
(A) Chetan Bhagat (B) N. R. Narayanmurty (C) Nandan Neelkani (D) Montek Singh Ahluvalia (Ans : C)
29. The following is found in maximum quantity/number in Rajasthan–
(A) Camels (B) Heat (C) Sand (D) Wind (Ans : C)
30. Who has started, 'Save Narmada Movement' in 1905 for the first time?
(A) Baba Amte (B) Medha Patekar (C) Madhu Kamekar (D) Madhu Kodse (Ans : B)
31. Who was honoured with the title 'Lok-nayak' ?
(A) Jay Prakash Narayan (B) A. G. Tikri (C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Jawahar Lal Nehru (Ans : A)
32. Who had brought the Lauh Stambha in Delhi?
(A) Qutb-ud-din Aibak (B) Muhammad-bin-Tughluq (C) Mohammad Gayasuddin (D) Mohammad Kasim (Ans : C)
33. Where will FIFA Cup Football be played next?
(A) Argentina 2013 (B) Brazil 2013 (C) London 2013 (D) Mexico 2013 (Ans : B)
34. Which of the following is the deepest and the oldest lake of the world of fresh water?
(A) Lake Titikaka (B) Lake Baikal (C) Lake Chilka (D) Lake Superior (Ans : B)
35. Inflorescence in Sunflower is of the type–
(A) Spike (B) Capitulum (C) Bunch (D) Spadix (Ans : B)
36. Nirmochan is insects in controlled by–
(A) Parahormone (B) Parathormone (C) Ecdysone (D) Ecotone (Ans : C)
37. Epicenter is related–
(A) Earthquake (B) Fold (C) Interior of the Earth (D) Fault (Ans : A)
38. Which of the following fruits is the National Fruit?
(A) Jack-Fruit (B) Apple (C) Mango (D) Banana (Ans : C)
39. Which of the following languages is spoken by highest number of people?
(A) Chinese (B) Spanish (C) Urdu (D) English (Ans : A)
40. Tulsidas was the poet of which of the following?
(A) Ramcharit Manas (B) Adi Grantha (C) Soorsagar (D) Bhagwat Puran (Ans : A)
41. Coins are studied in which of the following subjects?
(A) Archaeology (B) Historiography (C) Numismatics (D) Epigraphy (Ans : C)
42. Dry ice is–
(A) Ice-dust (B) Liquefied Nitrogen (C) Liquefied Hydrogen (D) Solid CO2 (Ans : D)
43. Naynar was related to the following–
(A) Vashnav Sect (B) Shaiv Sect (C) Jain Sect (D) Bhagwat Sect (Ans : B)
44. Name that Sufi Saint who was associated with Akbar–
(A) Sheikh Muinuddin Chisti (B) Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya (C) Sheikh Salim Chisti (D) Sheikh Farid (Ans : C)
45. Diwan-i-Khairait was set up as a separate department by–
(A) Akbar (B) Muhammad-bin-Tughluq (C) Firoz Tughluq (D) Shershah (Ans : C)
46. Who is said to be the father of Kawwali?
(A) Amir Khusro (B) Moihaz-e-Shiraz (C) Ziauddin Barni (D) Milal Shiraz (Ans : A)