Odisha General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Who was the first Chief Minister of Odisha–
(A) Biju Patnaik (B) Nabakrushna Choudhury (C) Harekrushna Mahatab (D) Biswanath Das (Ans : C)
2. Which is the capital of Odisha?
(A) Cuttack (B) Rourkela (C) Bhubaneshwar (D) Sambalpur (Ans : C)
3. Which is the highest point in Odisha?
(A) Malaya Hill (B) Megasini Hill (C) Udayagiri (D) Mahendra Hill (Ans : D)
4. What is the area of Odisha?
(A) 21,478 sq. mi. (B) 60,119 sq. mi. (C) 52,312 sq. mi. (D) 41,507 sq. mi. (Ans : B)
5. Which is the official language of Odisha?
(A) Santhali (B) Hindi (C) Sadri (D) Oriya (Ans : D)
6. Which is the largest lake in Odisha?
(A) Lake Karewa (B) Nangin Lake (C) Chilka Lake (D) Dal Lake (Ans : C)
7. From the following Who is the longest served Chief minister ?
(A) Giridhar Gamang (B) Janaki Ballabh Patnaik (C) Naveen Patnaik (D) Biju Patnaik (Ans : C)
8. Total number of Districts in Odisha–
(A) 25 (B) 27 (C) 30 (D) 32 (Ans : C)
9. Which chief minister of Odisha voted in Lok Sabha’s vote of confidence in April 1999?
(A) Nandini Satpathi (B) Giridhar Gomango (C) Biju Patnaik (D) Tathagatha Satpathi (Ans : B)
10. In Ancient times, Odisha was known by the name of–
(A) Konkan (B) Kalinga (C) Kurukshetra (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
11. The famous war of Kalinga was fought in the year–
(A) 261 BC (B) 265 BC (C) 270 BC (D) 296 BC (Ans : A)
12. The Jagannath Puri Temple was built in the year–
(A) 1001 (B) 1109 (C) 1150 (D) 1161 (Ans : D)
13. The Konark Sun Temple was included in the World Heritage Site status in the year–
(A) 1970 (B) 1984 (C) 1986 (D) 1990 (Ans : B)
14. Which poet is known as the Kabi Samrata–
(A) Radhanath Ray (B) Baladev Ratha (C) Upendra Bhanja (D) Gopabandhu Dash (Ans : C)
15. Who wrote the book Gita Govinda–
(A) Narottama Dasa (B) Jayadeva (C) Vidyapati (D) Gopabandhu Dash (Ans : B)
16. In which year Huen tsang vists Odisha–
(A) 605 AD (B) 630 AD (C) 645 AD (D) 657 AD (Ans : B)
17. Which one was the capital of Odisha before Bhubneswar–
(A) Cuttack (B) Puri (C) Rourkela (D) Berhampur (Ans : A)
18. Which ruler started the construction of Konark Sun Temple–
(A) Bhanu Deva I (B) Rajaraja II (C) Indravarman (D) Narasimhadeva I (Ans : D)
19. Which one is the largest district of Odisha by area–
(A) Mayurbhanj (B) Malkangiri (C) Nayagarh (D) Cuttack (Ans : A)
20. In which year the first Oriya Magazine "JNANARUNA" was published–
(A) 1822 (B) 1836 (C) 1842 (D) 1849 (Ans : D)
21. On which river, the Hirakud Dam is built–
(A) Baitarani River (B) Gandaki River (C) Mahanadi River (D) Budhabalanga River (Ans : C)
22. Who was the creator of the dhumpa sangita–
(A) Baladev Rath (B) Gangadhar Meher (C) Mohan Senapati (D) Madhusudan Rao (Ans : A)
23. Who was the first person to received Jnanpith Award for Oriya language–
(A) Fakir Mohan Senapati (B) Sachidananda Routray (C) Pratibha Ray (D) Gopinath Mohanty (Ans : D)
24. Which one is the first daily newspaper of Odisha–
(A) Bodha Dayini (B) Utkal Deepika (C) Dainika Asha (D) Kujibar Patra (Ans : C)
25. The first Oriya Magazine 'Bodha Dayini' was published from–
(A) Bhubaneswar (B) Cuttack (C) Balasore (D) Puri (Ans : C)