We are giving 30 questions with answers of General Knowledge asked in JEE for Admission to three-year Diploma Course in Hotel Management 2015. Organized by National Council For Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Government Of India). These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming government competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.(A) Pahlaj Nihalani (B) Leela Samson (C) Sharmila Tagore (D) None of these (Ans : A)
General Knowledge Solved Paper1. Who is the Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in India?
2. Which Indian company announced the creation of $250 million 'Innovate in India fund, to give a boost to start-ups?
(A) Reliance Industries (B) Infosys (C) TCS (D) Wipro (Ans : B)
3. In Cricket World Cup tournament, India played against Pakistan on 15 Feb 2015 in which Australian city?
(A) Perth (B) Adelaide (C) Sydney (D) Melbourne (Ans : B)
4. Which among the following is a Public Sector Bank?
(A) HDFC Bank (B) ICICI Bank (C) IDBI Bank (D) Federal Bank (Ans : C)
5. World Cancer Day is held on ……….every year to raise awareness of cancer.
(A) February 4 (B) March 4 (C) April 4 (D) May 4 (Ans : A)
6. 35th National Games were held from 31 January 2015 to 14 February 2015 in–
(A) Gujarat (B) Kerala (C) Karnataka (D) Goa (Ans : B)
7. Which country is going to host International Cricket Council (ICC) World Twenty20 in 2016?
(A) India (B) Sri Lanka (C) South Africa (D) England (Ans : A)
8. In Feb 2015, Indian American Composer Ricky Kej won the Grammy Award in which category?
(A) Best New Artist (B) Best Children's Album (C) Best New Age Album (D) Best Pop Vocal Album
(Ans : B)
9. Mr. Naresh Goyal is the Founder Chairman of which airline in India?
(A) Indigo (B) Go Air (C) Jet Airways (D) None of these (Ans : C)
10. Whom did Serena Williams defeat in the final to win the Australian Open 2015 Women's Singles title?
(A) Venus Williams (B) Maria Sharapova (C) Ekaterina Makarova (D) None of these (Ans : B)
11. Which day of the year is celebrated as World Radio day?
(A) 13 February (B) 15 February (C) 13 March (D) 15 March (Ans : A)
12. Which technology giant became the first company to reach a market value of $700 billion?
(A) Microsoft (B) Google (C) Apple (D) Facebook (Ans : C)
13. Recently, Indian Government released set of Commemorative Postage Stamps on Swachh Bharat Mission (Clean Indian Mission).
(A) Four (B) Three (C) Two (D) None of these (Ans : B)
14. Vitamin B12 helps in fighting against–
(A) Goitre. (B) Rickets. (C) Anaemia (D) None of these (Ans : C)
15. Which online retailer has acquired luxury fashion portal Exclusively.com?
(A) Flipkart.com (B) Amazon.com (C) Snapdeal.com (D) Ebay.com (Ans : C)
16. Which movie won the Oscar in the best picture category in the 87th Academy Awards?
(A) The Theory of Everything (B) Glory (C) Still Alice (D) Birdman (Ans : D)
17. Indian Government has announced setting up of a new IIT in.
(A) Karnataka (B) Gujarat (C) Kerala (D) Punjab (Ans : A)
18. IRTC has partnered with which e-commerce portal for online shop- ping?
(A) Snapdeal (B) Flipkart (C) Amazon (D) Jabong (Ans : C)
19. World's first humanoid robot staffed hotel was set to open in which country in July 2015?
(A) China (B) Japan (C) South Korea (D) one of these (Ans : B)
20. Advance ticket booking facility for railway passengers is available ………. days before the start of the journey.
(A) 60 (B) 90 (C) 120 (D) None of these (Ans : C)
21. Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill 2015 hiked Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) cap in the insurance sector to 49 percent from present………. percent.
(A) 20 (B) 26 (C) 30 (D) 38 (Ans : B)
22. Which State government has launched Bhagyashree scheme for girl child?
(A) Bihar (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Haryana (D) Maharashtra (Ans : D)
23. ………. has won Silver prize in the prestigious Golden Gate Award at the International Tourismus Borse Berlin (ITB-Berlin)-2015.
(A) Kerala Tourism (B) Goa Tourism (C) Madhya Pradesh Tourism (D) Rajasthan Tourism (Ans : A)
24. Acid used in car battery is–
(A) Hydrochloric acid (B) Boric acid (C) Sulphuric acid (D) Carbonic acid (Ans : C)
25. Which is the most abundant mineral in human body?
(A) Iron (B) Calcium (C) Magnesium (D) Sodium (Ans : B)
26. McMahon line is the border between–
(A) India and Nepal (B) India and Pakistan (C) India and China (D) India and Myanmar (Ans : C)
27. Who among the following is known as the Metro man of India?
(A) Rajendran (B) E. Sreedharan (C) N. Mishra (D) K. S. Rao (Ans : B)
28. Carolina Marin Martin of ……….. has won the prestigious Women's Singles Title in the All England Open Badminton Championships 2015.
(A) Denmark (B) Spain (C) Malaysia (D). England (Ans : B)
29. National Youth Day is celebrated in India on the birthday of–
(A) Swami Dayananda (B) Swami Vivekananda (C) Rajiv Gandhi (D) One of these (Ans : B)
30. The Maze Tower in which city has been recognised by Guinness World Records as representing the largest vertical maze?
(A) Shanghai (B) Dubai (C) Hong Kong (D) New York (Ans : B)