NABARD Assistant Manager (Grade A and B) Examination, 2015
General Awareness Solved Paper (Held on 1-3-2015)
1. World's first robot-staffed Hotel is set to open in which of the following countries?
(A) China (B) US (C) Singapore (D) Abu Dhabi (E) Japan (Ans : E)
2. In which of the following states, the per capita availability of Milk is highest in the country?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Haryana (C) Guajarat (D) Punjab (E) Tamil Nadu (Ans : D)
3. In which city is India's first post office ATM opened?
(A) Ahmedabad (B) Chennai (C) New Delhi (D) Mumbai (E) Hyderabad (Ans : B)
4. At present how many credit information companies are operating in India?
(A) Two (B) Three (C) Other than those given as options (D) Four (E) Five (Ans : D)
5. SWIFT was founded in which of the following cities?
(A) London (B) Brussels (C) New York (D) Hong Kong (E) Mumbai (Ans : B)
6. Who is the head of the newly formed Expenditure Management Commission ?
(A) Dr. Anand Sinha (B) Dr. Urjit Patel (C) Shri Arvind Mayaram (D) Dr. Subir Gokarn (E) Dr. Bimal Jalan (Ans : E)
7. Vistara airline started its operations in India in January 2015. What is the tagline of this airline?
(A) Fly the New Feelings (B) Now Everyone Can Fly (C) Fly at the cheapest rates
(D) World's most favourite airline (E) Fly like a King (Ans : A)
8. The NITI Aayog is headed by–
(A) Minister for Planning (B) Prime Minister (C) Finance Minister (D) RBI Governor. (E) President of India (Ans : B)
9. According to an order issued by the Culture Ministry on January 28, 2015. Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of Sangeet Natak Academi ?
(A) Leela Samson (B) Anant Nag (C) Dr. P. V. Rajamannar (D) Girish Karnad (E) Shekhar Sen (Ans : E)
10. As per Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the aim of building a clean India is by which year?
(A) 2021 (B) 2019 (C) 2018 (D) 2020 (E) 2016 (Ans : B)
11. The first woman officer who led the Guard of honour at Rashtrapati Bhavan on January 26th 2015 is–
(A) Nisha Thakur (B) Pooja Thakur (C) Punit Arora (D) Namrata Thakur (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)
12. Paulina Vega, a 22-year-old student won the coveted title of Miss Universe 2015. She is from which of the following countries?
(A) Colombia (B) India (C) Hungary (D) Honduras (E) Lithuania (Ans : A)
13. Who amongst the following is the present Director of Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (CAFRAL)?
(A) D. K. Mohanty (B) P. Vijaya Bhaskar (C) H. R. Khan (D) G. Gopalakrishna (E) Dr. K. C. Chakraborty (Ans : D)
14. Which of the following is the largest stock exchange in the world?
(A) New York Stock Exchange (B) London Stock Exchange (C) Shanghai Stock Exchange
(D) Tokyo Stock Exchange (E) NASDAQ OMX (Ans : A)
15. Which Bank has announced the launch of country's first ‘contact-less' debit and credit cards to enable electronic payments with- out swiping ?
(A) ICICI bank (B) HDFC bank (C) Axis bank (D) Union Bank of India (E) State Bank of India (Ans : A)
16. Which of the following state Govt. has recently appointed yoga guru Ramdev as its brand ambassador to promote yoga and ayurveda in a big way?
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Haryana (C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Himachal Pradesh (E) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : B)
17. Who is the host of ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 ?
(A) Australia and Newzealand (B) Other than those given as options (C) India and Sri Lanka
(D) South Africa and Australia (E) England (Ans : A)
18. Who is the chairperson of RBI?
(A) Y. V. Reddy (B) K. L. Mohanti (C) Raghuram Rajan (D) Indra Nooyi (E) None of these (Ans : C)
19. Who amongst the following is the present foreign secretary of India?
(A) Sujata Singh (B) Ranjan Mathai (C) Shivshankar Menon (D) Nirupama Rao (E) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar (Ans : E)
20. Recently the Government has notified that One Rupee Currency Notes will be put it to circulation again. The new notes will bear the signature of which of the following authorities?
(A) Prime Minister (B) Finance Secretary (C) Finance Minister (D) Governor of RBI (E) President of India (Ans : B)
21. RAM mense ?
(A) Random Access Memory (B) Read Only Memory (C) Read Access Memory (D) Random Auto Memory (Ans : A)
22. What is the minimum paid-up equity capital required for starting a small finance bank ?
(A) Rs. 50 Crore (B) Other than those given as options (C) Rs. 250 Crore (D) Rs. 100 Crore (E) Rs. 500 Crore (Ans : D)
23. The 'digital village' project to provide services ranging from cashless banking to digitised school teaching was recently started at Akodara village of Gujarat at the initiative of–
(A) Aziz Premji Trust (B) Govt. of Gujarat (C) ICICI Bank (D) State Bank of India (E) Tata Enterprises (Ans : C)
24. The year 2015 has been declared by the 68th Session of United Nations General Assembly as–
(A) International Year of Fruits (B) International Year of Food (C) International Year of Vegetables
(D) International Year of Good Health (E) International Year of Soils (Ans : E)
25. Union Government renamed Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme for LPG as–
(A) Other than those given as options (B) PAHAL (C) Ajeevika
(D) Direct Transfer Scheme (E) Money Transfer Scheme (Ans : B)
26. At the Asian Games held in September-October 2014, which Indian boxer refused to accept the bronze medal in order to protest a controversial decision by the judges?
(A) L. Sarita Devi (B) Mary Kom (C) Rolando Bohol (D) Varghese Johnson (E) Kavita Goyal (Ans : A)
27. As per Union Budget, how much capital is required to be infused in banks to meet Basel-III norms by 2018?
(A) Rs. 2.40 lakh crore (B) Rs. 0.50 lakh crore (C) Rs. 1.00 lakh crore (D) Rs. 3.40 lakh crore (E) Rs. 5.00 lakh crore (Ans : A)
28. Banks borrow money from the RBI at which of the following rates?
(A) Base Rate (B) Reserve Repo Rate (C) Bank Rate (D) CRR (E) Repo Rate (Ans : E)
29. Banks will soon be able to offer higher rate of interest on unbreakable fixed deposits. What is the minimum amount that is required to be invested in such a deposit scheme?
(A) Over Rs. 50 lakhs (B) Upto Rs. 51akhs (C) Upto Rs. 10 lakhs (D) Over Rs. 25 lakhs (E) Over Rs. 100 lakhs (Ans : E)
30. How many applications have been received by RBI, for starting payments bank ?
(A) 112 (B) 65 (C) 41 (D) 72 (E) 113 (Ans : C)
31. Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD)- 2015 which was celebrated recently, was organized in which of the following States?
(A) Kerala (B) Gujarat (C) Maharashtra (D) Rajasthan (E) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : B)
32. A small deposit scheme for girl child, as part of the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign, was launched by the Govt. recently it is called as–
(A) Balika Shiksha Account (B) Beti Padhao Deposit Scheme (C) Suraksha Deposit Scheme
(D) Kanya Jagriti Jyoti Account (E) Sukanya Samridhi Account (Ans : E)
33. Under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) for resident individuals, what is the maximum amount that can be remitted abroad?
(A) $ 250,000 (B) $ 350,000 (C) $ 500,000 (D) $ 150,000 (E) $ 50,000 (Ans : A)
34. Which Indian state has been ranked as the fastest growing state for the year 2013-14 with GDP growth rate of 11-08% in 2013-14 ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Haryana (C) Gujarat (D) Maharashtra (E) Bihar (Ans : A)
35. Who among the following is the chairman of the External Advisory Committee (EAC) set up by RBI to evaluate application received for Payment?
(A) Dr. Nachiket Mor (B) Smt. Usha Thorat (C) Shri H. R. Khan (D) Shri R. Gandhi (E) Shri S. S. Mundra (Ans : A)
36. The deadline to exchange pre-2005 currency notes is–
(A) 31-12-2015 (B) 30-06-2015 (C) 31-03-2015 (D) 30-09-2015 (E) 28-02-2015 (Ans : B)
37. 'Winds of sarnara' won the new Age Album Trophy at 57th Grammy Awards recently. The album has been launched by–
(A) A. R. Rahman (B) Ricky Kej and Wouter Kellerman (C) Bennet Veetraag
(D) Peter Kater and Zakir Hussain (E) Paul Avgernios and Peter Kater (Ans : B)
38. Which of the following books is written by Sanjaya Baru, former media advisor of the former Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, just before the last Lok Sabha Election?
(A) The Prime Minister with innovative ideas (B) The Accidental Prime Minister (C) The Intelligent Prime Minister
(D) The Different Prime Minister (E) The Sudden Prime Minister (Ans : B)
39. The player's auction for the 8th edition of Indian Premier League was concluded recently in Bengaluru. Which player amongst the following fetched highest amount at the auction?
(A) Dinesh Karthik (B) Yuvraj Singh (C) Darren Sammy (D) Michael Hussey (E) Murali Vijay (Ans : B)
40. Who among the following is the chairman of the recently constituted 7th Pay Commission?
(A) Justice B. N. Srikrishna (retd.) (B) Dr. C. Rangarajan (C) Dr. D. Subbarao
(D) Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur (retd.) (E) Dr. Y. V. Reddy (Ans : D)