RRB General Intelligence Questions
We are giving 25 questions of General Intelligence of RRB Chandigarh ASM Exams with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming RRB and RRC exams also.
Also Read : RRB Arithmetic and General Intelligence Questions
Directions (1-2) : In the following questions, Four choices are given as answers. Identify the correct answer.
1. In the word CLANGOLLR, how many pairs of letters are such which have between them as many letters as in the alphabetical order?
(a) Four (b) Three (c) Two (d) None of these (Ans : a)
2. Darkness is related to fear in the same way as honesty is related to….. ?
(a) Dishonesty (b) Faith (c) Wealth (d) Victory (Ans : b)
Directions (3-4) : A person has a basket of fruits in which there are 60 fruits. The number of apples is half the number of mangoes and oranges are 1/4th of the total of apples and mangoes. The cost of each mango is equal to that of two apples or three oranges. There is no other fruit apart from mangoes, apples and oranges. Now answer question 3 and 4.
3. How many mangoes are there in the basket?
(a) 36 (b) 38 (c) 40 (d) 32 (Ans : d)
4. If the total cost of fruits is Rs. 660/- then what is the cost of a piece of orange?
(a) Rs. 4 (b) Rs. 5 (c) Rs. 6 (d) Rs. 7 (Ans : b)
5. In a leap year if the 1st Jan. falls on Monday, then how many months including January will begin from Monday in the year?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (Ans : b)
Directions (6-7) : Three persons A, Band C along with their wives x. y, z are sitting around a round table, no husband is sitting to the left or right of his wife, while the sitting arrangement is one woman after a man. If C is to the right of y, then
6. Who is sitting to the left of z ?
(a) C (b) A (c) B (d) Cannot be deternined (Ans : c)
7. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) X is to the right of C (b) A is to the right of X (c) Z is in front of B (d) Y is in front of C (Ans : a)
8. A person is standing facing south. He turns 135° in the anticlockwise direction and again turns 225° in the clockwise direction. In which direction is he facing now ?
(a) East (b) West (c) North (d) South (Ans : b)
9. Pointing at a photograph, a man says, "I do not have a brother or sister but this person's father is the son of my father. Whose photo-graph is being pointed by the person?
(a) His son's (b) His father's (c) His brother's son (d) His own (Ans : a)
Directions (10-11) : In the following questions, three words are given which are related in some way. From the four given options, you have to choose the option which conveys the relationship ?
10. Solar system, Earth, Satellite–
(a) Orange, fruit, vegetable (b) Poem, poetry, music (c) Page, book, word (d) Seed, fruit, Plant (Ans : b)
11. Researcher, Historian, Learned–
(a) Teacher, Professor, Lecturer (b) History, Story, Book (c) Ballad, Novel, Book (d) Teacher, Bachelor, Poet (Ans : c)
Directions (12-15) : In the following questions. four words are given in each question, three of which are similar in some way and one is different You have to identify the word which is different.
12. (a) Pagoda (b) Monastery (c) Temple (d) Mosque (Ans : b)
13. (a) BD6 (b) FH14 (c) JL22 (d) NP31 (Ans : d)
14. (a) 6 : 16 (b) 7 : 19 (c) 10: 27 (d) 11 : 31 (Ans : c)
15. (a) JMG (b) PSM (c) WZT (d) EIB (Ans : d)
Directions (16-17) : Which of the numbers given in the four options will come next in the series?
16. 4, 5, 9, 14, 23, ……
(a) 29 (b) 31 (c) 39 (d) 37 (Ans : d)
17. 25, 36, 49, 64, ……
(a) 100 (b) 72 (c) 81 (d) 90 (Ans : c)
18. Identify the missing number in the question–
6 7 5
8 2 8
4 9 ?
(a) 5 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 7 (Ans : a)
Directions (19-20) : In the following questions. there is a certain relationship between the given pair of words in each question. From the given options, you have to identify a word pair which bears the same relationship.
19. Typewriter : Letter
(a) Hammer : Nail (b) Ocean : wave (c) Computer : Automation (d) Piano : Musical notes (Ans : d)
20. Strawberry : Fruit
(a) Chair : Furniture (b) Shoes : Leather (c) Letter : Language (d) Eyes : Face (Ans : a)
Directions (21-23) : Answer the questions below on the basis of the following groups of letters represented below.
RAR NGN RAN
RGGN ANR DGN
21. Which letter has the maximum frequency?
(a) R (b) A (c) N (D) G (Ans : c)
22. How many Rs are such before which there is N and A after?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (Ans : a)
23. Which letter has the minimum frequency?
(a) A (b) N (c) G (d) R (Ans : c)
24. The code for the word GARIMA is 625742, then what will be the code for MARIA ?
(a) 62752 (b) 42572 (c) 57432 (d) 25752 (Ans : b)
25. 4, 16, 64, 256, ……
(a) 1024 (b) 976 (c) 1164 (d) 996 (Ans : a)