RRC Eastern Railway Group ‘D’ exam of the year 2014 held on dated 9 November, 2014. We are giving 30 questions of Mathematics of this exam with answers.
1. Total monthly income of two persons is Rs. 7500. They spend 90% and 80% of their incomes respectively. If the ratio of their monthly savings is 3:4, what are their monthly incomes?
(a) 5000, 2500 (b) 4000, 3500 (c) 5500, 2000 (d) 4500, 3000 (Ans : d)
2. A man can row upstream at 16 km/hr and downstream at 22km/hr. Find the man's speed in still water in km/hr.
(a) 19 (b) 14 (c) 17 (d) 18 (Ans : a)
See also : RRC Railway General Awareness Questions
3. The difference of simple interest of Rs. 1200 for 3 years and that of Rs. 800 for 4 years at some rate is Rs. 20. The rate percent per annum is–
(a) 2.5 (b) 5 (c) 8 (d) 10 (Ans : b)
4. A exceeds B by 40% and B is less than C by 20%, then A : C is–
(a) 28 : 25 (b) 26 : 25 (c) 3 : 2 (d) 3 : 1 (Ans : a)
See also : Indian Railway Trains General Knowledge
5. If there be a loss of 20% on cost price, the rate of loss calculated on selling price would be–
(a) 15% (b) 20% (c) 25% (d) 30% (Ans : c)
6. The value of –2/3×3/(5/6»2/3 of 1¼)
(a) 2 (b) 1 (c) ½ (d) 2/3 (Ans : a)
7. Two three digit numbers have their H.C.F. (Highest Common Factor) 29 and L.C.M. (Lowest Common Multiple) 4147. The sum of the numbers is–
(a) 966 (b) 696 (c) 669 (d) 666 (Ans : b)
8. In a school, 65% of the students passed in English, 55% in Mathematics and 40% passed in both the subjects in the last annual examination. If 20 students failed in both the subjects, find the total number of examinees in the school.
(a) 12 (b) 80 (c) 100 (d) 90 (Ans : c)
9. In a camp of 4,000 men there was provision for food for 190 days. After 30 days 800 men went away to other place. How many days will the rest of food provide for the remaining men?
(a) 100 (b) 160 (c) 200 (d) 220 (Ans : c)
10. In a certain type of brass, 25% is zinc and rest is copper. How much copper is present in 264 kg of this quality of brass?
(a) 198 kg (b) 202 kg (c) 66 kg (d) 132 kg (Ans : a)
11. Out of 3,650 villagers in a village, the ratio of number of adults to the number of minors is 7:3. Find the number of adults in the village.
(a) 2550 (b) 1095 (c) 2555 (d) 2600 (Ans : c)
12. How many seconds a caravan 120 metres long running at the rate of 10 m/s will take to pass a standing boy.
(a) 10 (b) 12 (c) 11 (d) 14 (Ans : b)
13. The number 72 is divided into two parts such that 20% of one part is equal to 25% of the other part. Find the two parts.
(a) 40, 32 (b) 50, 22 (c) 48, 24 (d) 60, 12 (Ans : a)
14. 15 labourers can plough 18 bighas of land in 5 days. If 10 labourers work for 10 days, then how much land will be ploughed?
(a) 20bighas (b) 12bighas (c) l8bighas (d) 24bighas (Ans : d)
15. The average of25 results is 18. The average of first 12 of them is 14 and that of last 12 is 17. The thirteenth result is–
(a) 28 (b) 78 (c) 72 (d) 85 (Ans : b)
16. P can do a piece of work. in 20 days and Q in 40 days. P begins the work and thereafter they work alternately on one on each day. On which day will the work be completed?
(a) 24th day (b) 25th day (c) 26th day (d) 27th day (Ans : d)
17. What is the least number which when lessened by 5 is divisible by 36, 48, 21 and 28?
(a) 1008 (b) 1003 (c) 1013 (d) 1018 (Ans : c)
18. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 65 years. Ten years ago the ratio of their ages was 7:2. What will be the ratio of their ages ten years hence?
(a) 12:6 (b) 11:6 (c) 11:5 (d)12:7 (Ans : b)
19. What principal will amount to Rs. 747 in 6 years at the rate of 11 % per annum?
(a) 500 (b) 425 (c) 450 (d) 600 (Ans : c)
20. A boy was asked to multiply a number by 12. By mistake, he multiplied the number by 21 and got his answer 63 more than the correct answer. The number to be multiplied was–
(a) 7 (b) 9 (c) 8 (d) 12 (Ans : a)
21. In a certain code, PAN is written as 31 and PAR is coded as 35; what will be the code of PAT in the same code?
(a) 30 (b) 37 (c) 39 (d) 41 (Ans : b)
22. If 'ghost' is coded as 'haste', then how will you code 'rose'?
(a) pose (b) dsep (c) oser (d) osep (Ans : d)
23. A man starts from his office and goes 3 km East. Then he turns to the left and again walks for 3 km. Again he turns left and walks 5 km. At what distance is he from the starting point?
(a) 3km (b) 4km (c) 6km (d) 7km (Ans : b)
24. The lowest number of 4 digits which is a perfect square is–
(a) 1000 (b) 1024 (c) 1089 (d) 1156 (Ans : b)
25. In a queue at the bus stop, A is 7th from the front and B is 9th from the end. When they both exchange their positions, A becomes 11th from the beginning. How many people are there in the queue?
(a) 20 (b) 19 (c) 18 (d) 21 (Ans : b)
Direction-(26-27) : select the pair which is different from the others.
26. (a) Chair and Table (b) Shirt and Trousers (c) Home and House (d) Pen and Inkpot (Ans : c)
27. (a) 21, 42 (b) 24, 48 (c) 37, 74 (d) 35, 28 (Ans : d)
28. In an examination. 70 percent of the students passed in auditing. 55 percent in accountancy and 40 percent in both the subjects. If 45 students had failed in both the subjects. the total number of students passed at least in one subject is–
(a) 300 (b) 250 (c) 255 (d) 270 (Ans : a)
29. Deepak is the brother of Naresh and Suresh is the father of Deepak. Ramesh is the brother of Anu and Anu is the daughter of Naresh. Who is the uncle of Ramesh?
(a) Deepak (b) Suresh (c) Naresh (d) None of these (Ans : a)
30. 49 : 81 : : 64 :?
(a) 36 (b) 100 (c) 121 (d) 144 (Ans : b)