Directions : In the following questions, four suggested options are given as answers, out of which one is correct. Identify the correct answer–
1. In an exam, of the total number of students 36% have failed in Hindi, 54% have failed in English and 20% have failed in both English and Hindi. What is the percentage of students who have passed in both the subjects?
(a) 30% (b) 45% (c) 25% (d) 20% (Ans : a)
2. Rs. 1500 has been divided into two parts and one part has been given at the interest of 6% and the other part at the interest of 5%. If the annual interest on both the investments is Rs 85, then how much investment has been made at 6%?
(a) Rs. 1200 (b) Rs. 1000 (c) Rs. 1300 (d) Rs. 1150 (Ans : b)
3. Today, Ram is 30 years younger to his uncle. 5 years ago Ram's age was 1/4th the age of his uncle. What will be the age of Ram's uncle 5 year from today?
(a) 60 years (b) 45 years (c) 50years (d) None of these (Ans : c)
4. A train travelling at a uniform speed covers the distance of 32 km, in 12 minutes. What is the speed of the train in km/hour ?
(a) 364 (b) 160 (c) 255 (d) None of these (Ans : b)
5. 16 men can do a piece of work in 16 days. Four days after the start of the work, 8 more persons have joined in. How many more days will be needed to complete the rest of the work ?
(a) 10 days (b) 6 days (c) 8 days (d) None of these (Ans : c)
6. If cadets in NCC parade are made to stand in a column of 45, then 18 columns are formed. If 30 cadets stand in a column, then how many columns will be formed?
(a) 27 (b) 25 (c) 33 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
7. Anil invested Rs. 70,000 to start a business. After 8 months Vimal invested Rs. 180,000 to join in the same business. After one year in what proportion will Anil and Vimal share the profit ?
(a) 7 : 6 (b) 7 : 5 (c) 8 : 7 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
8. Which is that minimum number which when subtracted from 6708 will be exactly divisible by 9 ?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) None of these (Ans : b)
9. A group of labourers are ready to do a piece of work in 25 days. If 6 of the labourers do not come to the work and the rest of them complete the work In 40 days. then what was originally the number of labourers ?
(a) 22 (b) 20 (c) 18 (d) 16 (Ans : d)
10. If a sum of money doubles in 5 years at the compound interest, then in how many years will the same amount become 8 times?
(a) 25 years (b) 20 years (c) 15 years (d) 10 years (Ans : c)
11. If A : B = 3 : 4 and B : C = 2 : 3, then what will be A : B : C ?
(a) 3 : 4 : 6 (b) 3 : 4 : 12 (c) 4 : 3 : 6 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
12. 8.73×8.73×8.73+4.27×4.27×4.27 / 8.73×8.73–8.73×4.27+4.27×4.27 = ?
(a) 11 (b) 12 (c) 13 (d) None of these (Ans : c)
13. . Mohan gets 3 marks for every correct answer and loses 2 marks for every wrong answer. After solving 30 questions he gets 40 marks. How many questions did he solve correctly ?
(a) 10 (b) 15 (c) 20 (d) 25 (Ans : c)
14. A lady has 25 paise and 50 paise coins in her bag. She has a total of 120 coins amounting to Rs 50. What is the respective number of each of coins in her bag?
(a) 40, 80 (b) 70, 50 (c) 90, 30 (d) 60, 60 (Ans : a)
15. In a factory, 80% staff is males. 20% of them are matriculates and the rest are graduates. Amongst the females 25% are matriculates and the rest are graduates. If the total number of female staff in the factory is 600, then how many graduates are there in the factory?
(a) 2370 (b) 3000 (c) 1940 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
16. 600 prisoners are kept in a garrison which has a provision of 18 ounce per person for 35 days. If 300 more persons are added to the garrison and the daily allowance is reduced to 15 ounce per day, then how long (for how many days) will this arrangement last?
(a) 28 days (b) 35 days (c) 40 days (d) None of these (Ans : a)
17. The price of sugar has been increased from Rs. 6.00 per kg. to Rs 7.50 per kg. By what percentage should a consumer reduce his consumption so that he doesn't have to make any extra expenditure on sugar?
(a) 20% (b) 25% (c) 30% (d) None of these (Ans : a)
18. If 75% of 480 = ? × 15, then the value of? is
(a) 30 (b) 32 (c) 24 (d) 18 (Ans : c)
19. The average age of 20 boys is 14 years. A boy of 16 years leaves them and a new boy comes in his place. Now their average age becomes 13.8 years, then what is the age of the new boy?
(a) 13 years (b) 12 years (c) 11 years (d) None of these (Ans : b)
20. A train goes from Agra to Mathura at the speed of 60 km/ hr. and reaches there in 45 minutes. If in the return journey the speed of the train decreases by 10%, then what will be the time taken to reach Agra from Mathura?
(a) 60minutes (b) 55 minutes (c) 50 minutes (d) None of these (Ans : c)
21. In a bank a sum of money has been deposited which doubles in 10 years. What is the rate of simple interest ?
(a) 8% (b) 10% (c) 12% (d) 13% (Ans : b)
22. If x/16 = 196/x then what is the value of x?
(a) 56 (b) 28 (c) 24 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
23. In an exam, each student opted for either science or civics or both. 65.8% students opted of science and 59.2% opted for civics. If the total number of students is 2000, then how many students opted for both science and civics?
(a) 450 (b) 500 (c) 520 (c) None of these (Ans : b)
24. In a 20 litre mixture, 20% is alcohol and the rest water. If 5 litres of water is added. then what will be the percentage of Alcohol in the new mixture?
(a) 16 (b) 15 (c) 18 (d) None of these (Ans : a)
25. The ratio of the ages of A and B is 2 : 3. Ten years later the ratio will be 3 : 4. What is their present age (in years)?
(a) 30, 40 (b) 28, 42 (c) 20, 30 (d) None of these(Ans : c)