UPPSC Judiciary Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 6 September, 2015. We are giving 150 questions of General Knowledge of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
( Previous Questions No. 1 to 75 )
76. Which of the following writs is not specifically provided in the Constitution of India?
(A) Prohibition (B) Mandamus (C) Quo-warranto (D) Injunction (Ans : D)
77. 'Economic drain' theory was popularized by–
(A) The Britishers (B) Dadabhai Naoroji (C) Vera Anstey (D) V. V. Bhatt (Ans : B)
78. The logo of eco-mark in India is–
(A) Rising Sun (B) Earthen Pot (C) Lion (D) Wheat ear (Ans : B)
79. Which among the following Five Year Plans could not start on its due time?
(A) 12th (B) 11th (C) 9th (D) 8th (Ans : D)
80. Which of the following countries has launched a major expansion of the Suez Canal ?
(A) Syria (B) Egypt (C) Lebanon (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
81. How many UN member countries have reached an agreement on the outcome document of New Sustainable Development Agenda?
(A) 204 (B) 197 (C) 193 (D) 198 (Ans : C)
82. What is the name of the mobile app which facilitates easy learning of Computer and Internet?
(A) Dristi (B) Disha (C) Nayak (D) Pawan (Ans : B)
83. Which of the following banks became the first in country to launch MUDRA Card in July 2015 ?
(A) Bank of India (B) Corporation Bank (C) Indian Bank (D) State Bank of India (Ans : B)
84. Which Indian American diplomat was recently appointed as the U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka and Maldives?
(A) Richard Rahul Verma (B) Suresh Rana (C) Atul Kashyap (D) Rakesh Sharma (Ans : C)
85. The Book "Green Signals : Ecology, Growth and Democracy in India", has been written by–
(A) Jairam Ramesh (B) Meira Kumar
(C) P. Chidambaram (D) Medha Patkar/ (Megha Patekar) (Ans : A)
86. Who amongst the following has not been inducted as member of the newly constituted cricket advisory committee of BCCI on June 1, 2015 ?
(A) Rahul Dravid (B) Sachin Tendulkar(C) Sourav Ganguly (D) V.V.S. Laxman (Ans : A)
87. Which are the three 'SAARC' countries with whom India has signed a motor vehicle agreement on June 15, 2015 ?
(A) Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives (B) Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan
(C) Paksitan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka (D) Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives (Ans : B)
88. In the second quarter of 2015, the Indian Government in principle has decided to set-up how many new 'nuclear power projects' in the country?
(A) 7 (B) 8 (C) 9 (D) 10 (Ans : D)
89. Which country amongst the following decided in May 2015 to lift ban on import of rice from India?
(A) Iran (B) China (C) Brazil (D) U. S. A. (Ans : A)
90. Which State /Union Territory decided in May 2015 not to allow foreign direct investment in retail market?
(A) Haryana (B) Delhi (C) Mizoram (D) Kerala (Ans : B)
91. At what rank World Economic Forum report has placed India on 'Human Capital Index' in May 2015?
(A) 128th (B) 120th (C) 108th (D) 100th (Ans : D)
92. On May 25, 2015 who amongst the following was declared as 'International Batsman of the Year' in CEAT Awards?
(A) Ajinkya Rahane (B) Hashim Arnla (C) Kumar Sangakara (D) Rangana Herath (Ans : B)
93. Dr. Suniti Solomon, who passed away recently, was associated with which field?
(A) Film (B) Medical (C) Music (D) Literature (Ans : B)
94. Which among the following is India's largest e-commerce company?
(A) Flipkart (B) Jabong (C) m-junction (D) Bharti Airtel (Ans : C)
95. The State which ranks next to Kerala in terms of female literacy in India according to Census 2011 is–
(A) Mizoram (B) Tripura (C) Goa (D) Meghalaya (Ans : A)
96. Which State of India has launched the Village Monitoring Project to uplift villages?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Kerala (C) Gujarat (D) Haryana (Ans : D)
97. Who among the following has been recently appointed as Executive-Director of RBI ?
(A) Reena Hemchanda (B) Leena Hemchanda
(C) Meena Hemchanda (D) Heena Hemchanda (Ans : C)
98. Which State of India has recently decided to start 'She-Bus' programme?
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Karnataka (C) Kerala (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : C)
99. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of steel in the world?
(A) U.S.A. (B) West Germany (C) China (D) India (Ans : C)
100. 'NITI-Aayog' has been constituted under which Article of the Constitution of India?
(A) Article - 280 (B) Article - 282 (C) Article - 286 (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
101. Ultra Mega Power Plants in India are–
(A) Coal based (B) Hydro based (C) Nuclear (D) Gas based (Ans : A)
102. Which among the following sectors has contributed most to the growth of G.D.P. in India in 2014-15 ?
(A) Service Sector (B) Manufacturing Sector (C) Primary Sector (D) Foreign Trade Sector (Ans : A)
103. In India, which among the following is not included in Small Savings Scheme?
(A) Public Sector Bank savings deposit (B) Public Provident Fund
(C) Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (D) National Savings Certificate (VIIIth issue) (Ans : A)
104. Main thrust of 20 point economic programme (restructured in 2006) in India, is–
(A) Removal of poverty only (B) Improvement in quality of life only
(C) Benefit of insurance for all only (D) Only (A) and (B) above (Ans : D)
105. The Head Office of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is located at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Mumbai (C) Ahmedabad (D) Lucknow (Ans : B)
106. In which State India's first railway line is being built under public private partnership model?
(A) West Bengal (B) Rajasthan (C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Gujarat (Ans : D)
107. Viticulture is known for the production of–
(A) Apple (B) Grapes (C) Pineapple (D) Wheat (Ans : B)
108. Black-Revolution is related to–
(A) Coal production (B) Black hole (C) Petroleum production (D) Leather production (Ans : C)
109. India purchased 200 Tonnes of gold from IMF in which of the following Five Year Plans?
(A) 7th (B) 8th (C) 10th (D) 11th (Ans : D)
110. Which among the following was the theme of 9th National Statistics Day of India observed in 2015?
(A) Social Development (B) Financial Inclusion
(C) Digital India (D) E-governance (Ans : A)
111. Which of the following Banks has become the first Bank to launch 'Watch-Banking Scheme' in India?
(A) ICICI Bank (B) HDFC Bank (C) Axis Bank (D) SBI (Ans : B)
112. Account under 'Sukanya-Samriddhi Yojana' can be opened for a daughter aged-
(A) Maximum 7 years (B) Maximum 8 years (C) Maximum 9 years (D) Maximum 10 years (Ans : D)
113. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India ?
(A) Chilka (B) Wular (C) Loktak (D) Sambhar (Ans : B)
114. As per the United Nations Annual Hunger Report released in May 2015, India has the highest number of hungry people in the world. Which country among the following has the least number of hungry people?
(A) Philippines (B) Nigeria (C) Indonesia (D) Bangladesh (Ans : B)
115. The Govt. of India has approved setting up of how many ITBP outposts along the China Border in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim ?
(A) 30 (B) 35 (C) 42 (D) 45 (Ans : C)
116. A two day G-7 Summit was held in June 2015 in–
(A) London (B) Paris (C) Bavaria (D) Barn (Ans : C)
117. By which year, the Union Cabinet on June 17, 2015 has proposed to provide "Housing for All" ?
(A) 2030 (B) 2025 (C) 2022 (D) 2018 (Ans : C)
118. Few coaches of two trains were drowned in the river in Harda district of M.P. in an accident which occurred on August 5, 2015. The name of the river is–
(A) Narmada (B) Betwa (C) Kali Machak (D) Son (Ans : C)
119. In India, on which day, first 'National Handloom Day' was celebrated?
(A) August 9, 2015 (B) August 7, 2015 (C) August 9, 2014 (D) August 7, 2014 (Ans : B)
120. Sale have been restricted on Maggi noddles of Nestle Company in India. Where is the head office of Group Company located?
(A) Switzerland (B) France (C) Germany (D) U.K. (Ans : A)
121. According to projection of U.N. Report 2015, the world population by 2050 will be–
(A) 7.3 billion (B) 8.4 billion (C) 9.7 billion (D) 11.2 billion (Ans : D)
122. At which place first phase of metrotrain was inaugurated by a lady Chief Minister and the driver of the first metro train was also a lady?
(A) Jaipur (B) Ahmedabad (C) Chennai (D) Kolkata (Ans : C)
123. Harbhajan Kaur Dheer of Indian - origin has been elected Mayor in May 2015, in which country ?
(A) Australia (B) New Zealand (C) U.S.A. (D) U.K. (Ans : D)
124. On which topic former President of India late A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was giving lecture when he suffered a severe heart attack and died later?
(A) Life on Earth (B) Livable Planet
(C) Search for possibility of life on moon (D) Multiple dimensions of innovations (Ans : B)
125. From year 1954 till 2014, how many eminent persons have been given the highest civilian award "Bharat Ratna" ?
(A) 42 (B) 43 (C) 44 (D) 45 (Ans : B)
126. The Headquarters of 'INTERPOLE' (International Police) is situated at–
(A) London (England) (B) Vienna (Austria) (C) Lyons (France) (D) Geneva (Switzerland) (Ans : C)
127. What is the name of Parliament of Afghanistan ?
(A) Majlis (B) Shora (C) National Assembly (D) Jatiya Sansad (Ans : B)
128. In which year, Taj Mahal was included in UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites?
(A) 1973 (B) 1983 (C) 1987 (D) 2004 (Ans : B)
129. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar's 125th birth anniversary will be held in the year–
(A) 2016 (B) 2018 (C) 2019 (D) 2020 (Ans : A)
130. Who among the following has authored the recent book : 'Gods of Corruption' highlighting involvement of high-ups?
(A) Ajit Seth (B) Pro mila Shankar (C) T. S. R. Subrahmanyam (D) Shashank Shekhar (Ans : B)
131. Famous renowned space scientist and Ex-President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam's full name is–
(A) Abdul Pakar Jainuluddin Abdul Kalam (B) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
(C) Akhlaq Pakir Jainuljafri Abdul Kalam (D) Ali Pakir Jainulakhlaq Abdul Kalam (Ans : B)
132. Full form of SIM is–
(A) Subscribers Identity Module (B) Subscribers Identity Mechanism
(C) Self Identity Machine (D) Self Identity Module (Ans : A)
133. The instrument used in 'lie' detecting is–
(A) Pyrometer (B) Seismograph (C) Polygraph (D) Phonograph (Ans : C)
134. Protein present in wheat grain is–
(A) Albumin (B) Cystein (C) Glutenin (D) Keratin (Ans : A&C)
135. National Flower of India is–
(A) Rose (B) Lotus (C) Gudhal (D) Sunflower (Ans : B)
136. Which of the following is sulphur containing amino acid?
(A) Tryptophan (B) Proline (C) Methionine (D) Aspartic acid (Ans : C)
137. Five countries are contributing for construction of world's largest telescope 'Thirty meter'. These countries are–
(A) India, China, Japan, Germany and Pakistan (B) India, China, Japan, America and Pakistan
(C) India, China, Japan, America and Canada (D) China, Japan, America, Canada and England (Ans : C)
138. The 'God-Particle' is–
(A) Photon of Sunlight (B) Smallest vibrating Particle Phonon
(C) Higgs-Boson Particle (D) Quantum Particle (Ans : C)
139. Indian Space Mission related to planet mass is named as MOM, which is meant for–
(A) Mapping of Mars (B) Mapper of Mars
(C) Mars Orbiter Mission (D) Mars Odissi Mission (Ans : C)
140. 'BRAHMOS', a supersonic missile jointly developed by India and Russia was adopted by Indian Army on–
(A) 21 June, 2007 (B) 20 March, 2013 (C) 20 June, 2013 (D) 21 March, 2007 (Ans : A)
141. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) was established in–
(A) 1972 (B) 1969 (C) 1962 (D) 1958 (Ans : B)
142. 'Gate Way of Information' is–
(A) e-mail (B) Pager (C) Cellular Phone (D) Internet (Ans : D)
143. 'E-Diesel' is ethanol mixed diesel fuel which is prepared from ordinary diesel by mixing ethanol in percentage of–
(A) 7.70 (B) 5.50 (C) 4.50 (D) 2.70 (Ans : A)
144. In western hemisphere, ozone-layer hole is a major factor for the incidence of which of the following ailments?
(A) Baldness (B) Asthma (C) Skin cancer (D) Lung cancer (Ans : C)
145. Which one of the following is not digested in human body?
(A) Starch (B) Casein (C) Cellulose (D) Vegetable oil (Ans : C)
146. When kept in air, which of the following elements glows in dark?
(A) Platinum (B) Strontium (C) White phosphorus (D) Red phosphorus (Ans : C)
147. Which one of the following organic substances is an insecticide?
(A) Lindane (B) Pyrene (C) Oil of Wintergreen (D) Chloroform (Ans : A)
148. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists–
(a) Vitamin A (b) Vitamin B1 (c) Vitamin C (d) Vitamin D
List-II (Deficiency disease)
1. Beri-beri 2. Night-blindness 3. Rickets 4. Scurvy
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 2 3 1 4
(C) 2 1 4 3
(D) 1 4 3 2 (Ans : C)
149. National Botanical Research Institute is situated at–
(A) Lucknow (B) New Delhi (C) Dehradun (D) Chennai (Ans : A)
150. Which among the following is known as laughing gas?
(A) Nitrous oxide (B) Nitric oxide (C) Nitrogen dioxide (D) Nitrogen pentoxide (Ans : A)