RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT EXAM 2015 (Held on : 12-09-2015 )
General Awareness Solved Paper1. India's first defense industrial bank will be set up in which of the following states?
(a) Haryana (b) Punjab (c) Jammu & Kashmir (d) Bihar (e) Kerala (Ans : e)
2. Which bank of India has introduced the fastest personal loan disbursal system ?
(a) ICICI Bank (b) HDFC Bank (c) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(d) State Bank of India (e) Yes Bank (Ans : b)
3. Recently Godavari Maha Pushkaram was celebrated. This festival occur once every…..
(a) 100 (b) 72 (c) 12 (d) 144 (e) 25 (Ans : d)
4. The Application Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA) is related to which of the following sector?
(a) Insurance Sector (b) Export-Import (c) Other than those given as options
(d) Capital Market (e) Commodity Market (Ans : d)
5. Coins up to….. paise are called as 'small coins'.
(a) 50 (b) Both 25 and 10 (c) 10 (d) Rs. 1 (e) 25 (Ans : a)
6. The 2015 18th Asian Games will be held in which of the following countries?
(a) Thailand (b) Bangladesh (c) China (d) Indonesia (e) India (Ans : d)
7. Best Original Screenplay in a foreign language award at the recent Madrid International Film Festival was awarded to which of the following film ?
(a) Buddha in A Traffic Jam (b) The Good Road (d) Hopscotch
(c) The High Sun (e) My Mermaid, My Lore lest (Ans : a)
8. The first Olive Oil Refinery in India, has been set up in which of the following states?
(a) Telangana (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Rajasthan
(d) Gujarat (e) Uttarakhand (Ans : c)
9. As per the recent press reports, on 10th July 2015, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) deploying five satellites into space from the first launch pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota for which of the following nations?
(a) Germany (b) Other than those given as options (c) United Kingdom
(d) Malaysia (e) Russia (Ans : c)
10. Which Indian Airport was ranked as the world's Best Airport by Size: 25 to 40 million passengers according to International's report published in press?
(a) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (b) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
(c) Chennai International Airport, Chennai (d) Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
(e) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad (Ans : d)
11. May 1 is celebrated as the Labour Day. This day is also celebrated as the formation day of which of the following states?
(a) Karnataka (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Telangana
(d) Andhra Pradesh (e) Gujarat (Ans : e)
12. What is the capital of Myanmar ?
(a) Naypyidow (b) Yangon (c) Mandalay
(d) Other than those given as options (e) Bagan (Ans : a)
13. On the occasion of birthday of Dhyan Chand, India celebrates National Sports Day on 29th August every year. Dhyan Chand was a famous…..
(a) Cricket Player (b) Hockey Player (c) Chess Player
(d) Tennis Player (e) Wrestling Champion (Ans : b)
14. According to the India Tourism Statistics at Glance 2014' report released by the Ministry of Tourism, India's position in the world in terms of International Tourists arrival is…..
(a) 52nd (b) 66th (c) 50th (d) 41st (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : d)
15. Who amongst the following is the Minister of Home Affairs in Union Cabinet of India at present?
(a) Dr. Najma A. Heptulla (b) Shri Nitin Gadkari (c) Shri Sushma Swaraj
(d) Shri Maneka Gandhi (e) Shri Rajnath Singh (Ans : e)
16. For building up a data repository and fraud monitoring framework, Indian life insurances have selected 'which of the following companies?
(a) CIBIL (b) CRIF High Mark (c) Equifax (d) Lexis Nexis (e) Experian (Ans : d)
17. Which private sector lender opened its first branch in China, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister in the month of May 2015 ?
(a) Yes Bank (b) Axis Bank (c) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(d) ICICI Bank (e) HDFC Bank (Ans : d)
18. India's first 'Metrino Project', under which small, fully automatic, driverless vehicles will travel suspended under an overhead network, is to be launched in which city?
(a) Kolkata (b) New Delhi (c) Bengaluru (d) Hyderabad (e) Mumbai (Ans : b)
19. Banks have to declare CAR in their balance sheet. What is the full form of CAR ?
(a) Court Appointed Receiver (b) Computer Assisted Retrieval (c) Capital At Risk
(d) Computer Assisted Reporting (e) Capital Adequacy Ratio (Ans : e)
20. Who wrote the book 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari' ?
(a) Spencer johnson (b) Rhonda Byrne (c) Chetan Bhagat
(d) Robin Sharma (e) Rashmi (Ans : d)
21. As per the RBI annual report 2014-15, how many metric tonnes of Gold is held by the Central Bank?
(a) 292 (b) 1000 (c) 850 (d) 145 (e) 557 (Ans : e)
22. China recently opened the second land crossing in Tibet via….. to allow the first batch of Indian pilgrims.
(a) Burzil Pass (b) Zoji La Pass (c) Nathula Pass
(d) Other than those given as options (e) Shipki La Pass (Ans : c)
23. At present 305 cities in….. states have been identified for beginning of construction of houses for the urban poor under the 'Housing for All' Scheme. (as of August 30, 2015)
(a) 13 (b) 29 (c) 15 (d) 21 (e) 9 (Ans : e)
24. Which add agency cancelled the popular tagline of Life Insurance Corporation. of India "Zindagi Ke Saath Bhi, Zindagi Ke Baad Bhi"
(a) Fortune Communications Limited (b) Madison Wood Pvt. Ltd. (c) DDB Mudra Group
(d) Ogilvy and Mather (e) Saatchi and Saatchi (Ans : d)
25. Recently which Indian cricketer has been awarded the 'Paratrooper' award?
(a) Kapil Dev (b) Sachin Tendulkar (c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(d) Virat Kohli (e) None of these (Ans : c)
26. U. R. Anantamurthy, who passed away in 2014, was a renowned–
(a) Lok Sabha Member (b) Camatic Musician (c) Cricket Player
(d) Other than those given as options (e) Kannada Writer (Ans : e)
27. Govt. of India has recently launched a web portal named Khoyapaya.gov.in for which of the following?
(a) Distribution of food for the poor (b) To track missing luggage in Railways
(c) For warning farmers about natural disasters (d) Employment for the unemployed
(e) Information/Tracking related to or of missing children (Ans : e)
28. Who is the present CEO and President of Yahoo.inc as of September 2015 ?
(a) Larry Page (b) John Donahoe (c) Marissa Mayer
(d) Sunil Mittal (e) Francisco D'Souza (Ans : c)
29. Which of the following is a credit information company in India?
(a) CARE (b) ONICRA (c) CIBIL (d) ICRA (e) CRISIL(Ans : c)
30. A Bank included in the second schedule of RBI is called as–
(a) Commercial Bank (b) Scheduled Bank (c) Cooperative Bank
(d) National Bank (e) Regional Rural Bank (Ans : b)
31. Which of the following cities will host the Final match of 2016 World Cup Twenty 20 'cricket match?
(a) London (b) Kolkata (c) Johannesburg (d) Sydney (e) Delhi (Ans : b)
32. The World Wide Web was invented by…..
(a) Robert Hooke (b) Tommy Flowers (c) Tim Berners-Lee
(d) Steve Jobs (e) Gene Myron Amdahl (Ans : c)
33. According to the preliminary estimates released by The Reserve Bank of India, house hold financial saving placed at ….. In India's national income in fiscal year 2015
(a) 10% (b) 3% (c) 7.3% (d) 5% (e) 7.5% (Ans : e)
34. Insurance service provided by various banks is commonly known as…..
(a) Micro Finance (b) Portfolio Management (c) Bancassurance
(d) Investment Banking (e) Merchant Banking (Ans : c)
35. The Reserve Bank of India recently named two banks as domestic systemically important banks. What will be the impact on the two banks?
(a) The two banks will have to ensure that level of Priority sector advances is maintained.
(b) The two banks will have to ensure that gross NP A level is below 2%.
(c) Other than those given as options
(d) The two banks will have to maintain additional Capital.
(e) The two banks will have to ensure level of CASA deposits at 40%. (Ans : b)
36. Which of the following is the largest state in terms of area?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Uttar Pradesh (c) Other than those given as options
(d) Madhya Pradesh (e) Rajasthan (Ans : e)
37. Which country will chair 2016 BRICS summit?
(a) Brazil (b) India (c) South Africa (d) Russia (e) China (Ans : b)
38. Which of the first Indian state to install a system to detect earthquakes and disseminate warnings?
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) Gujarat (c) Assom (d) Maharashtra (e) Uttarakhand (Ans : e)
39. Which of the following Indian organization recently released new series of Amar Chitra Katha and Aan Comics on inspirational stories of war heroes ?
(a) Ministry of Human Resource Development (b) Ministry of Home Affairs (c) Indian Army
(d) Indian Navy (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : c)
40. Under Financial Inclusion plan, banks have been asked to issue Rupay cards. These cards come with EMV chip. What is the full . form of EMV?
(a) Electronic Money Valet (b) Empowered Money Valet (c) Electronic Money Value
(d) Europay, Master Card and Visa (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : d)