RRB Office Assistant Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 12 September, 2015. We are giving 40 questions of COMPUTER LANGUAGE of this exam with answers.
(a) Alienation (b) Authentication (c) Configuratiori
(d) Logging in (e) Certification (Ans : b)
2. Which of the following is not a computer . programming language?
(a) ALGOL (b) Microsoft (c) COBOL (d) C++ (e) C# (Ans : b)
3. Unwanted repetitious messages such as bulk mails is known as–
(a) Calibri (b) Post (c) Thrash (d) Spam (e) Courier (Ans : d)
4. URL is a reference to a resource on the internet, URL stands for–
(a) Universal Resource List (b) Uniform Resource Locator (c) Uniform Resource List
(d) Uniform Resource Locator (e) Universal Resource Locator (Ans : b)
5. Which programming languages are classified as low level languages?
(a) C++ (b) ALGOL (c) Assembly Language (d) COBOL (e) Prolog2 (Ans : c)
6. In VLSI integrated circuit VLSI stands for–
(a) Very Low Security Information (b) Very Low Scale Integration (c) Very Largely Secured Information
(d) Very Large Scale Immunity (e) Very Large Scale Integration (Ans : e)
7. …..is known as unauthorized access into others computer system.
(a) Editing (b) Encryption (c) Deletion (d) Decryption (e) Hacking (Ans : e)
8. In a MS Word document, Landscape is–
(a) age orientation (b) Paper size (c) A font style (d) Page Layout (e) A font effect (Ans : a)
9. A wireless network uses….. waves to transmit signals.
(a) Electro-magnetic (b) Electrical (c) Radio (d) Magnetic (e) Mechanical (Ans : c)
10. Which of the following is not a network topology?
(a) Tree (b) Star (c) Bus (d) Car (e) Ring (Ans : d)
11. Which of the following is correct statement?
(a) 1 MB = 100 KB (b) 1 KB = 1024 bytes (c) 1 MB = 2048 bytes
(d) 1 GB = 1024 KB (e) 1 KB = 100 bytes (Ans : b)
12. Secure code/Verified by VISA is associated in which of the following transactions?
(a) E-commerce (b) NEFT (c) Cash deposit
(d) Funds transfer (e) Cash withdrawal (Ans : a)
13. Which type of computer provides software and other components on a network?
(a) Server (b) Work Station (c) Mainframe (d) Super computer (e) Terminal (Ans : c)
14. MICR technology is mainly used by banking industry. MICR denotes–
(a) Magnetic Ink Computer Reading (b) Magnetic Ink Code Recognition (c) Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
(d) Management Ink Check Reading (e) Magnetic Ink Code Recognition (Ans : c)
15. Which files have .mpg extension?
(a) Spread sheet (b) Text (c) Video (d) Web (e) Executable (Ans : c)
16. A computer network tool used to detect hosts or to test the reachability of a host on–
(a) Try (b) Ping (c) Check (d) View (e) Lookup (Ans : b)
17. What is the full form of W3C ?
(a) World Wide Web Centre (b) World Wide Web Consortium (c) World Wide Web Company
(d) World Wide Web Command (e) World Wide Web Corporation (Ans : b)
18. Numbers are stored and transmitted inside a computer in–
(a) CISC form (b) Alpha-numeric form (c) Binary form
(d) ASCII code (e) Alphabets form (Ans : c)
19. The speed of computer clock is measured in which of the following?
(a) Gigahertz (b) Gigabyte (c) Bit (d) Megahertz (e) Megabyte (Ans : c)
20. To move to the bottom of a MS Word document, press–
(a) Auto summarize (b) Home (c) Home key (d) Ctrl + End (e) Ctrl + Home (Ans : d)
21. In MS Word shortcut key, Ctrl. + Z will–
(a) Opens the print window (b) Redo the last action performed (c) Cut selected text
(d) Insert link (e) Undo last action (Ans : e)
22. Which of the following is the smallest data-size?
(a) Terabyte (b) Gigabyte (c) Kilobyte (d) Megabyte (e) Petabyte (Ans : c)
23. DNS in internet is abbreviation of–
(a) Dynamic Network Service (b) Dynamic Name Service (c) Domain Network Service
(d) Dynamic Naming System (e) Domain Name System (Ans : e)
24. All the formulas in Excel start with–
(a) = (b) % (c) * (d) $ (e) / (Ans : a)
25. When any of the files or folders are deleted from. Hard Disk, Windows…..
(a) Places it in snipping tools (b) Places it in sticky notes (c) Places it in recycle bin
(d) Deletes it permanently (e) Places it in Microsoft office (Ans : c)
26. What is the purpose of keeping electronic devices' such as computers, televisions and remote controlled devices on sleep mode?
(a) For Back up (b) To improve download speed (c) To write contents of RAM to hard disk
(d) Reduce power consumption (e) To enhance the memory (Ans : d)
27. A file which contains readymade layouts, theme effects, background styles and even contents for presentation is called–
(a) Pre formatting (b) Wizard (c) Auto style (d) Pre styling (e) Template (Ans : e)
28. Which among the following does not belong to the group?
(a) Spyware (b) Hub (c) Worm (d) Virus (e) Malware (Ans : b)
29. …..displays the hierarchical structure of files, folders and drives on the computer anti any network drives mapped to the computer.
(a) Windows explorer (b) Google chrome (c) Firefox
(d) Folder manager (e) Internet explorer (Ans : a)
30. The part of operating system that manages the essential peripherals such as–
(a) Basic input/output system (b) Secondary system (c) Peripheral system
(d) Marginal system (e) Title system (Ans : a)
31. Which of the following is not a web browser?
(a) Mozilla (b) Opera (c) Firefox (d) Safari (e) Casio (Ans : e)
32. Which of the following is not a binary number?
(a) 123111 (b) 100101 (c) 100000 (d) 101010 (e) 111111 (Ans : a)
33. A computer translates a program written in a high level language into…..
(a) An algorithm (b) Application Language (c) Machine Language
(d) Java (e) C++ (Ans : c)
34. LINUS is–
(a) A firewall software (b) A proprietary operating system of Google
(c) An inventory management software (d) A proprietary operating system of Microsoft
(e) An open source operating system (Ans : e)
35. Which of the following places the' common data elements in order from smallest to largest?
(a) Character, record, field, file, database (b) Character, file, record, field, database
(c) Character, record, field, database, file (d) Database, file, record, field, character
(e) Character, field, record, file, database (Ans : e)
36. Chip is common nickname for a(n)–
(a) Structures (b) Semi-conductor (c) Resister (d) Transistor (e) Integrated circuits (Ans : e)
37. In word processing, an efficient way to move the 3rd paragraph to place it after the 5th paragraph is–
(a) Delete and paste (b) Cut and paste (c) Copy and paste (d) Delete and retype (e) Edit and paste (Ans : b)
38. The printing measure DPI means–
(a) Dots processing inch (b) Dots processing incitation (c) Dots per inch
(d) Diagram processing information (e) Diagrams per inch (Ans : c)
39. A stored link to a web page, in order to have a quick access to it later, is called–
(a) WP-Link (b) Assistant (c) Bookmark (d) Joystick (e) Storage (Ans : c)
40. Which among the following is not a computer programming language?
(a) PEARL (b) 4GL (c) COBOL (d) Visual Basic (e) Safari (Ans : e)