Solved Paper : सामान्य ज्ञान एवं सामान्य जानकारी | हिंदी | English
Directions : (1 to 3) Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/ sentences and indicate it by blackening the appropriate circle in the Answer Sheet
1. Put side by side–
(a) Propose (b) Depose (c) Juxtapose (d) Impose (Ans : c)
2. Chife or Commander of army–
(a) General (b) Major (c) Colonel (d) Lieutenant (Ans : a)
3. One who can not be corrected–
(a) Indefatigable (b) Ineligible (c) Indilent (d) Incorrigible (Ans : d)
Directions : (4 to 6) Out of the four alternatives. Choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) respect (b) determination (c) courage (d) discipline (Ans : a)
(a) regularise (b) cirrect (c) condone (d) clarify (Ans : b)
(a) admired (b) adored (c) congratulated (d) encouraged (Ans : c)
Directions : (7 to 9) A part of the sentence is underlined. Blow are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose “No improvement”
7. Where are you coming from ?
(a) do you come from (b) No improvement (c) were you from (d) you are coming from (Ans : b)
8. Years ago, I met a man which was President and Chairman of board of a company.
(a) Whose (b) Who (c) Whome (d) No improvement (Ans : b)
9. Covering thirty kilometers in thirty minutes are not a great distance using a brand new car.
(a) No improvement (b) aren’t a great distance (c) is not a great distance (d) is no distance (Ans : c)
Directions : (10 to 12) Four Alternatives are given for the Idiom/ Phrase underlined in the sentence Choose the alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase and mark in the best Answer Sheet.
10. I have taken fancy to thise car
(a) improved (b) given imaginative (c) developed liking for (d) revised (Ans : c)
11. carry out
(a) to take in (b) bring (c) complete something (d) continue (Ans : c)
12. He best about the bush
(a) does not talk specifically (b) talks continuously (c) speak well (d) talks sensibly (Ans : a)
Directions : (11 to 16) Sentence given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (S). Four alternatives are suggested for each questions. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blackeing the appropriate circle in the Answer Sheet
13. The publisher is bringing ….. a revised edition of this book.
(a) up (b) about (c) out (d) round (Ans : c)
14. Your ….. nature will aid you in attaining success in every venture you undertake.
(a) catalytic (b) lackadaisial (c) rotund (d) persevering (Ans : d)
15. She had to ….. illness in order to avoid going to the party meeting.
(a) feint (b) faint (c) feign (d) fain (Ans : c)
16. This is our house and that is …..
(a) their (b) them (c) theirs (d) their’s (Ans : d)
Directions : (17 to 19) Choose the word opposite in meaning to given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) Discordant (b) Balanced (c) Sonorous (d) Concordant (Ans : a)
(a) Natural (b) Artificial (c) Genuine (d) Amicable (Ans : a)
(a) disard (b) strong (c) weak (d) brittle (Ans : b)
Directions : (20 to 22) Four word are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
20. (a) juviinnile (b) juvenille (c) juvinile (d) juvenile (Ans : d)
21. (a) knowledgable (b) knoledgeable (c) knowledgeble (d) knowledgeable (Ans : d)
22. (a) detariorate (b) deteriorrate (c) deterriorate (d) deteriorate (Ans : d)
Directions : (23 to 25) Some part of the sentences have error and some are correct Find out which part of a sentence is free from error blacken the circle corresponding to “No Error” option in Answer Sheet.
23. The kitchen need painting badly and I must get it done.
(a) need painting badly (b) and I must get it done
(c) The kitchen (d) No error (Ans : a)
24. If I will play my best I can win any day against anybody.
(a) If I will play my best (b) No error (c) against any body (d) I can win any day (Ans : b)
25. He finds Fault at everything I do.
(a) he fide (b) I do (c) No error (d) at everything (Ans : d)