Uttar Pradesh P.C.S (Mains) Exam., 2015
(Held on 29-06-2015)
General Studies (Paper-I) Solved Paper
( Read Previous Question No. 1-100 )
101. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Chang La – Jammu and Kashmir (B) Rohtang – Himachal Pradesh
(C) Bomdi La – Arunachal Pradesh (D) Se La – Uttarakhand (Ans : D)
102. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Kolkota-Hugli region – Titagarh (B) Chhota Nagpur region – Shivkashi
(C) Mumbai-Pune region – Ambernath (D) Ahmedabad-Vadodara region – Bharuch (Ans : B)
103. Which one of the following is the correct height of Kunchikal Waterfall ?
(A) 335 metre (B) 337 metre (C) 399 metre (D) 455 metre (Ans : D)
104. Which one of the following is called the 'mystery lake' ?
(A) Jor Pokhri Lake (B) Dodital Lake (C) Roopkund Lake (D) Red Hills Lake (Ans : C)
105. In which of the following census decades India registered the lowest percentage change in population?
(A) 1971-81 (B) 1981-91 (C) 1991-2001 (D) 2001-11(Ans : D)
106. The South India temple of Lord Ranganatha (also known as Lord Venkatesha) is located on–
(A) Biligiri Ranga hill (B) Thirumala hills (C) Nandi hills (D) Chamundi hills (Ans : B)
107. Kuttanad (or Kuttanadu) of Kerala is famous for–
(A) A fresh water lake (B) The region with the lowest altitude in India
(C) A coral island (D) The western most point of India (Ans : B)
108. In which of the following decades the population growth rate in India was the highest?
(A) 1901-11 (B) 1961-71 (C) 2001-11 (D) 1981-91 (Ans : B)
109. Select the correct answer from the code given below in terms of the population (2011) of the following urban centres in descending order–
1. Meerut 2. Ghaziabad 3. Agra 4. Varanasi
(A) 1, 3, 4, 2 (B) 2, 3, 4, 1 (C) 4, 2, 1, 3 (D) 3, 2, 1, 4 (Ans : B)
110. Which one of the following lies at the junction of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu states?
(A) Anaimalai hills (B) Palrii hills (C) Nandi hills (D) Nilgiri hills (Ans : D)
111. In which of the following states, the percentage of total cropped area under irrigation (2011) is the highest?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Maharashtra (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Haryana (Ans : D)
112. Which one of the following groups of states borders the state of Telangana ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh
(B) Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh
(C) Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Jharkhand
(D) Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh (Ans : A)
113. Which one of the following states does not lie along Patkori hills?
(A) Nagaland (B) Tripura (C) Manipur (D) Mizoram (Ans : B)
114. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Mormugao – Goa (B) Paradeep – Odisha
(C) Mangalure – Karnataka (D) Mundra – Andhra Pradesh (Ans : D)
115. Which of the following hills marks the confluence of the Eastern ghats and the Western ghats?
(A) Anaimalai hills (B) Ashoubu hills (C) Biligiri ranga hills (D) Cardamom hills (Ans : C)
116. Select from the code given below the correct locational sequence of the following hills proceeding from South to North–
1. Satmala hills 2. Kaimur hills 3. Pir Panjal range 4. Naga hills
(A) 2, 3, 1, 4 (B) 1, 2, 4, 3 (C) 1, 2, 3, 4 (D) 4, 3, 2, 1 (Ans : B)
117. Which of the following is a Ramsar site under Ramsar Convention?
(A) Godawari delta (B) Krishna delta (C) Sunderbans (D) Bhoj wetland (Ans : D)
118. The correct sequence of the following districts in terms of their Geographical area in acending order–
(A) Barabanki, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Mirzapur, Sondhadra
(B) Mirzapur, Sonbhadra, Barabanki, Gautam Buddh Nagar
(C) Gautam Buddha Nagar, Barabanki, Mirzapur, Sonbhadra
(D) Sonbhadra, Mirzapur, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Barabanki (Ans : C)
119. What is the correct sequence of the following rail tunnels by length in descending order?
(A) Pir Panjal, Karbude, Nathu-wadi, Berdewadi
(B) Karbude, Pir Panjal, Nathu-wadi, Berdewadi
(C) Berdewadi, Nathuwadi, Pir Panjal, Karbude
(D) Nathuwadi, Berdewadi, Karbude, Pir Panjal (Ans : A)
120. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Kaiga – Karnataka (B) Rawat Bhata – Rajasthan
(C) Muppandal – Tamil Nadu (D) Ennore – Meghalaya (Ans : D)
121. Sonbhadra district is touched by–
(A) Boundaries of two states (B) Boundaries of three states
(C) Boundaries of four states (D) Boundaries of five states (Ans : C)
122. From the code given below select the correct sequence of -the following continents in terms of their area in descending order–
1. Europe 2. Australia 3. Africa 4. South America
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4 (B) 4, 1, 3, 2 (C) 2, 1, 4, 3 (D) 3, 4, 1, 2 (Ans : D)
123. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Radcliffe line – India and Pakistan (B) Maginot line – France and Germany
(C) Durand line – Bangladesh and India (D) Hindenburg line – Belgium and Germany (Ans : C)
124. Which one of the following scheduled tribes observe Deepawali as a sad day?
(A) Sahariya (B) Baga (C) Paharia (D) Tharu (Ans : D)
125. Who had suggested that shifting Earth on its axis is one of the factors, responsible for climatic change?
(A) Robert Hooke (B) Milutin Milan Kolich
(C) George Simpson (D) T. C. Chamberlain (Ans : B)
126. Match List-I and List-II and select correct answer from the code given below–
(a) Mount Kinabalu (b) Elburz (c) Aconcagua (d) Kilimanjaro
1. Argentina 2. Malaysia 3. Tanzania 4. Iran
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 4 2 3
(B) 3 2 1 4
(C) 2 4 3 1
(D) 2 4 1 3 (Ans : D)
127. Which one of the following is the largest in area ?
(A) New Zealand North Island (B) New Found land
(C) New Zealand South Island (D) Java (Ans : C)
128. Which one of the following seas is the deepest?
(A) South China Sea (B) Bering Sea (C) Mediterranean Sea (D) Japan Sea (Ans : A)
129. According to United Nations Statistics 2012, which one of the following has the largest population?
(A) Marshall Island (B) Dominica (C) St. Kitts (D) Monaco (Ans : C)
130. Which one of the following is called the 'Sugar bowl' of the world?
(A) India (B) Hawaii Island (C) Cuba (D) Philippines (Ans : C)
131. Which one of the following continents has the largest number of countries?
(A) Africa (B) Europe (C) Asia (D) South America (Ans : A)
132. The glacial lake Itasca is the source of river–
(A) Missouri (B) Mississippi (C) Rio Grande (D) Red river (Ans : B)
133. Which of the following states of U.S.A. grows Coffee?
(A) Florida (B) California (C) Hawaii (D) Arizona (Ans : C)
134. Which of the following lakes lies entirely in the U.S.A. ?
(A) Lake Michigan (B) Lake Huton (C) Lake Superior (D) Lake Erie (Ans : A)
135. Dasht-e-Lut is located in–
(A) Iran (B) Libya (C) Kenya (D) Nigeria (Ans : A)
136. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Prairies – North America (B) Pampas – South America
(C) Steppes – Europe (D) Veld – Australia (Ans : D)
137. El-Nino develops in the–
(A) Pacific ocean (B) Indian ocean (C) Mediterranean ocean (D) Atlantic ocean (Ans : A)
138. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Khartoum – Nile (B) New York – Hudson
(C) Berlin – Spree (D) Sidney – Seine (Ans : D)
139. Which one of the following is the deepest oceanic trench ?
(A) Tonga (B) Mariana (C) Puerto Rico (D) Izu-Bonin (Ans : B)
140. Which of the following is called the 'land of one thousand lakes' ?
(A) Finland (B) Sweden (C) Greenland (D) U.S.A. (Ans : A)
141. Which one of the following is known as the 'Sea of mountains'?
(A) Japan (B) British Columbia (C) West Coast of South America (D) South-East Asia (Ans : B)
142. How many times have Mumbai Indians been crowned as IPL champions?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 4 (D) 3 (Ans : B)
143. Where was the epicentre of the Earthquake which hit Nepal on 25th April, 2015 ?
(A) Lamjung (B) Pokhara (C) Kathmandu (D) Rohtasgarh (Ans : A)
144. Which one of the following countries has arrived at an agreement in April 2015 to supply 110 fighter jets to Pakistan ?
(A) Russia (B) America (C) China (D) France (Ans : C)
145. According to United Nations 'World Happiness Report 2015' which is the country with the highest level of happiness?
(A) Denmark (B) New Zealand (C) Iceland (D) Switzerland (Ans : D)
146. According to United Nations 'World Happiness Report 2015' what is the rank of India?
(A) 117 (B) 108(C) 111 (D) 98 (Ans : A)
147. Which one of the following is the first woman Judge of Sikkim High Court?
(A) Meenakshi Madan Rai (B) Shivani Rai (C) Rohani Rai (D) Mitali Rai (Ans : A)
148. Whom did Carolina Marin defeat in the women's singles final of Malaysian Open Badminton Tournament 2015?
(A) Saina Nehwal (B) Wang Shixia (C) Li Xuerui (D) Luo Ying (Ans : C)
149. Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who has been in the news since January 2015 was the President of–
(A) Palestine (B) Qatar (C) Yemen (D) Libya (Ans : C)
150. 'Maglev' is–
(A) a super computer (B) the fastest commercial train presently running in the world
(C) a Japanese spy satellite (D) a high speed car (Ans : B)