Uttar Pradesh Revenue Department Rajaswa Lekhpal Recruitment Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 13 September, 2015. We are giving 25 questions of General Awareness (Part-III) of this exam with answers.
See Also Part- General Hindi | Mathematics | Rural Development
1. ………. Model proposes urban infrastructure and services be provided in rural hubs to create economic opportunities outside cities.
(a) LPG (b) Mahalanobis (c) PURA (d) Gandhian (Ans : c)
2. ………. is the distance between any two nearest particles of the medium, vibrating in the same phase.
(a) Amplitude (b) Wavelength (c) Frequency (d) Velocity (Ans : a)
3. National Income is also called–
(a) NNPFC (b) NDPMP (c) NDPFC (d) NNPMP (Ans : a)
4. Mohiniattam dance form is associated with the following State–
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Odisha (c) Kerala (d) Karnataka (Ans : c)
5. The most important cause for the outbreak of the Ghadar revolution was the–
(a) arrest of Lala Har Dayal (b) outbreak of World War I
(c) hanging of Kartar Singh Sarabha (d) Komagata Maru incident (Ans : d)
6. When was Quit India Movement started by Gandhiji?
(a) 1946 (b) 1940 (c) 1942 (d) 1945 (Ans : c)
7. Who amongst the following was known as 'Loknayak'?
(a) Ashutosh Mukherjee (b) CF Andrews
(c) Jayaprakash Narayan (d) Chittaranjan Das (Ans : c)
8. ………. has been honoured with the 'Best Welfare Organisation of the Year 2015' award.
(a) National Union of Seafarers of India (b) Indian Community Welfare Organisation
(c) Indian Railway Welfare Organisation (d) Smile Foundation (Ans : a)
9. The first two States in India that established Panchayati Raj were–
(a) Rajasthan and Punjab (b) Rajasthan and Mahashtra
(c) Rajasthan and West Bengal (d) Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh (Ans : d)
10. From which country has Delhi Metro received its first driverless train?
(a) The USA (b) Russia (c) South Korea (d) France (Ans : c)
11. The percentage of the! Earth's surface covered by India, is–
(a) 2.4% (b) 3.4% (c) 4.4% (d) 5.4% (Ans : a)
12. Mushrooms are an example of–
(a) bacteria (b) virus. (c) lichen (d) fungi (Ans : d)
13. Which one of the following is employed as a tranquiliser drug?
(a) Valium (b) Glucose (c) Ampicillin (d) Aspirin (Ans : d)
14. Which amongst the following has the power to remove the Vice-President from his post before the completion of his tenure?
(a) Lok Sabha (b) Rajya Sabha (c) Supreme Court (d) President (Ans : b)
15. Which of the following is an important function of spinal cord?
(a) Pumping of blood (b) Transferring substances
(c) Control respiration (d) Control of reflex actions (Ans : d)
16. The prominent women freedom fighter who participated in the first freedom rebellion of 1857 was–
(a) Begum Hazrat Mahal (b) Kasturba Gandhi (c) Bhikaji Cama (d) Sarojini Naidu (Ans : a)
17. Kabini, Hemavati and Amaravati are the tributaries of the river–
(a) Godavari (b) Mahanadi (c) Krishna (d) Cauvery (Ans : c)
18. The Badmintion Championship-Swiss Grand Prix Gold was won by ………. on March 15, 2015.
(a) Saina Nehwal (b) K. Srikanth (c) Abhimanyu Singh (d) Sameer Verma (Ans : d)
19. Which one of the following countries is in the second place in the world in producing paddy?
(a) India (b) China (c) The USA (d) Russia (Ans : a)
20. ………. is used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.
(a) Battery (b) Dynamo (c) Microphone (d) Electric Motor (Ans : b)
21. Which country has recently conducted the fourth successful test of a new Wu-14 hypersonic strike vehicle capable of delivering nuclear weapons?
(a) The USA (b) India (c) China (d) Russia (Ans : c)
22. Who amongst the following was the leader of the Peasant Movement of Awadh?
(a) Alluri Sitaram Raju (b) Baba Ram Chandra (c) Mahatma Gandhi (d) BR Ambedkar (Ans : b)
23. The capital of Kalinga (the Eastern province) during Ashoka's invasion was–
(a) Toshali (b) Taxila (c) Patliputra (d) Ujjain (Ans : a)
24. Who amongst the following is the current President of the World Bank?
(a) Paul Wolfowitz (b) Jim Yong Kim (c) Lewis Preston (d) Barber Con able (Ans : b)
25. Almost half of India's population lives in just five -States. Which one of the following is not one of these five populous States?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Bihar (c) West Bengal (d) Kerala (Ans : d)