Uttar Pradesh P.C.S (Mains) Exam., 2015
(Held on 29-06-2015)
General Studies (Paper-I) Solved Paper
1. Which one of the following countries ranked first in the environmental democracy index developed by WRA in 2015 ?
(A) Colombia (B) Latvia (C) Lithuania (D) Hungary (Ans : C)
2. Which one of the following is the first state to issue Soil Health Card to farmers ?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Punjab (C) Haryana (D) Maharashtra (Ans : B)
3. In which of the following cities did ICICI open its first branch of China?
(A) Shenzen (B) Beijing (C) Shanghai (D) Guangzhou (Ans : C)
4. Who won the Rome Master's (2015) women's singles title?
(A) Carla Suarez Navarro (B) Maria Sharapova
(C) Serena Williams (D) D. Gavrilova (Ans : B)
5. The world's first referendum on same sex marriage was held in–
(A) Scotland (B) Ireland (C) England (D) U.S.A. (Ans : B)
6. The book 'The Lives of Others' has been written by–
(A) Arvind Adiga (B) Shayantani Ghose
(C) Amitav Ghose (D) Neel Mukherjee (Ans : D)
7. Who amongst the following is the first woman, of Asian origin to be elected as a Mayor in U. K. ?
(A) Vanita Agrawal (B) Shakila Kasu
(C) Violet Robinson (D) Harbhajan Kaur Dheer (Ans : D)
8. Who amongst the following has been given the Yash Bharti Award 2014-15 by U.P. Government for women's wrestling?
(A) Shital Tomar (B) Gargi Yadav (C) Alka Tomar (D) Poonam Yadav (Ans : C)
9. Who among the following has been appointed as the Director General of DRDO in May 2015 ?
(A) G. S. Reddy (B) Arvind Subramaniam
(C) Selvin Christopher (D) K. N. Shankara (Ans : C)
10. Which of the following states has launched' Aahar Yojana' in April 2015 for provide food at cheap rates to city poor?
(A) Bihar (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Odisha (Ans : D)
11. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar's 125th birth anniversary will be observed in–
(A) 2016 (B) 2015 (C) 2020 (D) 2018 (Ans : B)
12. Dadri, Chunar, Churk and Dalla, all have factories producing–
(A) Cement (B) Sugar (C) Paper (D) Fertilizer (Ans : A)
13. Which 0 f the following has recently been declared as a 'Tiger Reserve' ?
(A) Balphakram National Park (B) Rajaji National Park
(C) Betla National Park (D) Kaziranga National Park (Ans : B)
14. Who has written the book 'Gods of Corruption' published recently?
(A) Promila Shankar (B) Chitra Mudgal (C) Manjulika Gautam (D) Sudha Pai (Ans : A)
15. From which of the following cities has the programme 'Visit India Year in China' started ?
(A) Shanghai (B) Guangzhon (C) Beijing (D) Xi'an (Ans : C)
16. Indian Grass and Fodder Research Institute is located at–
(A) Bikaner (B) Jabalpur (C) Bhopal (D) Jhansi (Ans : D)
17. Rainfed Area Development Programme (RADP) was launched by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation of Government of India in the year–
(A) 2008-09 (B) 2009-10 (C) 2010-11 (D) 2011-12 (Ans : D)
18. Which of the following has the highest export from India ?
(A) Agriculture and allied products (B) Engineering goods
(C) Textiles (D) Chemical and related product (Ans : B)
19. Where is Central Research Institute for Dry-land Agriculture (CRIDA) is located?
(A) Hyderabad (B) Hissar (C) New Delhi (D) Rajkot (Ans : A)
20. 'Mahi Sugandha' is a variety of–
(A) Rice (B) Wheat (C) Sunflower (D) Mustard (Ans : A)
21. Which one of the following is a hybrid variety of Basmati rice?
(A) Pus a RH-10 (B) Pusa Sugandh-3 (C) Pusa Basmati-1 (D) Pusa Sugandh-5 (Ans : A)
22. 'Gunga Varanasi' is a variety of–
(A) Guava (B) Aonla (C) Mango (D) Muskmelon (Ans : B)
23. The present Director General of ICAR, New Delhi is–
(A) Dr. R. S. Paroda (B) Dr. S. Ayyappan
(C) Dr. V. L. Chopra (D) Dr. Mangla Rai (Ans : B)
24. Raj 3077 is a variety of–
(A) Maize (B) Jowar (C) Rice (D) Wheat (Ans : D)
25. Indian Institute of Pulses Research is located at–
(A) Kanpur (B) Jabalpur (C) Jaipur (D) Hissar (Ans : A)
26. In which of the following states, the productivity of rice is the highest?
(A) Punjab (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Haryana (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
27. Rice originated in–
(A) Europe (B) South-East Asia (C) South America (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
28. The most popular fertilizer for foliar application is–
(A) Sodium Nitrate (B) Ammonium Chloride (C) Urea (D) DAP (Ans : C)
29. The most suitable crop for green manuring is–
(A) Potato (B) Sugarcane (C) Sunhemp (D) Gram (Ans : C)
30. During 2011-12 the value of India's external trade was more than–
(A) 10,200 crore (B) 10,300 crore
(C) 91,000 crore (D) 1,01,000 crore (Ans : D)
31. Who has written 'The History of Indian Agriculture' ?
(A) M. S. Swarninathan (B) S. Ayyapan (C) K. B. Thomas (D) M. S. Randhawa (Ans : D)
32. Who has been appointed as the first President of The New Development Bank (BRICS Bank) ?
(A) Jiji Menon (B) Deepak Parikh (C) K. V. Kamath (D) Chanda Kochar (Ans : C)
33. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is located at–
(A) New York (B) Geneva (C) Washington (D) London (Ans : B)
34. Which of the following countries has the highest productivity of rice?
(A) China (B) India (C) Japan (D) Germany (Ans : A)
35. The plan period of Eleventh Five Year Plan was–
(A) 2004-09 (B) 2005-10 (C) 2006-11 (D) 2007-12 (Ans : D)
36. The first state which adopted the training and visit system of agricultural expansion was–
(A) Rajasthan (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Punjab (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : D)
37. The policy regarding Special Economic Zones (SEZ) was announced in–
(A) April 2000 (B) April 2001 (C) April 2002 (D) April 2002 (Ans : A)
38. Which of the following wheat varieties has been developed through induced mutation?
(A) Kalyan Sona (B) Sonara-64 (C) Sharbati Sonara (D) Sonalika (Ans : C)
39. Uttar Pradesh Council of Sugar-cane Research is located at–
(A) Meerut (B) Kanpur (C) Lucknow (D) Shahjahanpur (Ans : D)
40. National Botanical Research Institute is located at–
(A) Kanpur (B) Dhampur(C) Rampur (D) Lucknow (Ans : D)
41. As on date, how many women have been the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
(A) 0 (B) 1 (C) 2 (D) 3 (Ans : C)
42. With which one of the following states, Uttar Pradesh does not share its border?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Punjab (C) Haryana (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
43. The biggest source of irrigation in U.P. is–
(A) Canal (B) Pond (C) Tubewell (D) Well (Ans : C)
44. The headquarters of Gautam Buddha Nagar district is at–
(A) Greater Noida (B) Ghaziabad (C) Ramabai Nagar (D) Noida (Ans : A)
45. The first Speaker of U. P. Legislative Assembly was–
(A) Madan Mohan Verma (B) Purshottam Das Tandon
(C) Atmaram Govind Kheir (D) Nafisul Hasan (Ans : C)
46. North-Central Zonal Cultural Centre is located at–
(A) Allahabad (B) Varanasi (C) Agra (D) Lucknow (Ans : A)
47. In which of the following places, Shakambhari Devi Mela is organized?
(A) Varanasi (B) Vindhyachal (C) Meerut (D) Saharanpur (Ans : D)
48. Alfred Park at Allahabad has been renamed after–
(A) Bhagat Singh (B) Chandra Shekhar Azad (C) Subhash Chandra Bose (D) Motilal Nehru (Ans : B)
49. The famous Bharatmata Mandir is located at–
(A) Lucknow (B) Varanasi (C) Allahabad (D) Meerut (Ans : B)
50. Which one of the following classical dance forms is associated with Uttar Pradesh?
(A) Kathak (B) Bharatnatyam (C) Odisi (D) Kuchipudi (Ans : A)
( Click Here : Read Next Questions No. 51-150 )