Maharashtra General KnowledgeWe are giving 25 questions of General Knowledge of Maharashtra GK. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
1. As a independent state Maharashtra came into existence on–
(A) 1st May, 1960 (B) 1st June, 1959
(C) 1st May, 1987 (D) 1st May, 1988 (Ans : A)
2. Which of the following is the state capital of the Maharashtra state?
(A) Nagpur (B) Kolhapur
(C) Mumbai (D) Pune (Ans : C)
3. Number of districts in Maharashtra is–
(A) 35 (B) 37
(C) 21 (D) 28 (Ans : A)
4. Sub capital of the Maharashtra State is–
(A) Aurangabad (B) Nagpur
(C) Mumbai (D) Pune (Ans : B)
5. Which of the following is the state animal of the Maharashtra State?
(A) Lion (B) Elephant
(C) Tiger (D) Indian Giant Squirrel (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following birds is the state bird of Maharashtra State?
(A) Yellow Footed Green Pigeon (B) Owl
(C) Eagle (D) Vulture (Ans : A)
7. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education, Pune came in existence in the year of?
(A) 1st January, 1955 (B) 1st January, 1966
(C) 1st January, 1977 (D) 1st January, 1988 (Ans : B)
8. The rivers of Maharashtra can be divided into how many groups as given below?
(A) One (B) Two
(C) Three (D) Four (Ans : C)
9. In which district of Maharashtra the first cooperative sugar factory was established?
(A) Kolhapur (B) Sangli
(C) Ahmednagar (D) Pune (Ans : C)
10. The extreme Southern district of Maharashtra is which one of the following?
(A) Ratnagiri (B) Sindhudurg
(C) Kolhapur (D) Miraj (Ans : B)
11. Which of the following soils of Maharashtra are devoid of calcium carbonate and have acidic reaction?
(A) Black soil (B) Medium soil
(C) Lateritic soil (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
12. Maharashtra Film Company was founded in 1919 by which of the following personalities?
(A) Dada Saheb Torne (B) Dada Saheb Phalke
(C) Baburao Painter (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
13. Which of the following place is known as centre for cotton textile in Maharashtra State?
(A) Pune (B) Mumbai
(C) Kolhapur (D) Ichalkaranji (Ans : B)
14. Which of the following tribes is related in the Maharashtra State?
(A) Bhils (B) Gonds
(C) Kalis (D) All of these (Ans : D)
15. What is coal in Maharashtra prominently used for?
(A) Thermal (B) Atomic
(C) Hydro (D) None of these (Ans : A)
16. The most celebrated festival in Maharashtra as well as all over India, with a great faith and enthusiasm is–
(A) Ganesh Chaturthi (B) Diwali
(C) Dusshera (D) Poornima (Ans : A)
17. The famous saint of Maharashtra Saint Tukaram belonged to which of the following Bhakti sects in the state?
(A) Varkari (B) Kamgar
(C) Lipik (D) None of these (Ans : A)
18. The Dhampur lake is situated in which of the following districts of the Maharashtra State?
(A) Ratnagiri (B) Pawas
(C) Sangli (D) Kolhapur (Ans : A)
19. The famous Uran Project In Maharashtra is a–
(A) Hydro (B) Thermal
(C) Nuclear (D) Solar (Ans : B)
20. Which of the following is the major port in the capital of Maharashtra State?
(A) Ratnagiri Port (B) Jaigad Port
(C) Mumbai Port (D) JNPT (Ans : C)
21. The most important river of Maharashtra which is a lifeline of the whole South Maharashtra is–
(A) Koyna (B) Krishna
(C) Warna (D) Wardha (Ans : B)
22. When was the ‘Maharashtra State Electricity Board’ set up in the state?
(A) 1960 (B) 1961
(C) 1970 (D) 1971 (Ans : A)
23. Maharashtra State Mining Corporation Limited (MSMC) was incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 on–
(A) 14th November, 1973 (B) 15th November, 1970
(C) 15th August, 1960 (D) 1st May, 1960 (Ans : A)
24. Which of the following region has an un-parallel work in the making of fine jewellery in Maharashtra state?
(A) Sawantwadi (B) Kolhapur
(C) Rajapur (D) Sangli (Ans : A)
25. The Maharashtra in soil is very rich in which of the following said nutrient element?
(A) Nitrogen (B) Organic Carbon
(C) Phosphorus (D) Both A and B (Ans : D)