Uttar Pradesh P.C.S (Mains) Exam., 2015
(Held on 29-06-2015)
General Studies (Paper-I) Solved Paper( Read Previous Questions No. 1-50 )
51. Uttar Pradesh Urdu Akademi was established in the year–
(A) 1947 (B) 1950 (C) 1962 (D) 1972 (Ans : D)
52. How many Universities in Uttar Pradesh have been named after Dr. B. R. Ambedkar?
(A) One (B) Two (C) Three (D) Four (Ans : B)
53. 'Kalyan' magazine is published from–
(A) Varanasi (B) Gorakhpur (C) Allahabad (D) Mathura (Ans : B)
54. In which year 'Uttar Pradesh Khadi Gramodyog Board' was estabished ?
(A) 1950 (B) 1960 (C) 1965 (D) 1970 (Ans : B)
55. The Planetarium, named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, is located at–
(A) Rampur (B) Lucknow (C) Allahabad (D) Gorakhpur (Ans : A)
56. 'The Kisan Bahi Yojana' was introduced in U. P. in the year–
(A) 2002 (B) 1992 (C) 1982 (D) 1972 (Ans : B)
57. The Institute of Paper Technology is located at–
(A) Saharanpur (B) Meerut (C) Kanpur (D) Gorakhpur
(Ans : A)
58. Which of the following has a Science City ?
(A) Kanpur (B) Allahabad (C) Lucknow (D) Noida (Ans : C)
59. King Kharvela of Kalinga belonged to which dynasty ?
(A) Chedi (B) Kadamba (C) Haryanka (D) Kalinga (Ans : A)
60. Where did Buddha reside during the last rainy season of his life?
(A) Shravasti (B) Vaishali (C) Kushinagar (D) Sarnath (Ans : C)
61. The town of Kalpi is situated on the bank of river?
(A) Ganga (B) Yamuna (C) Narmada (D) Krishna (Ans : B)
62. Ashokaram monastery was situated at–
(A) Vaishali (B) Patliputra (C) Kausambi (D) Shravasti (Ans : B)
63. How many Tarangas are in Rajtarangini of Kalhana ?
(A) Eight (B) Nine (C) Ten (D) Eleven (Ans : A)
64. Who was the founder of Pala dynasty ?
(A) Dharmpala (B) Deopala (C) Gopala (D) Rampala (Ans : C)
65. The Seven Ratha Temple of Mahabalipuram was built by–
(A) Mahendra Varman (B) Narsimhan Varman
(C) Parmeshwar Verman (D) Nandi Varman (Ans : B)
66. Sher Shah was buried at–
(A) Kalinjar (B) Sasaram (C) Jaunpur (D) Patna (Ans : B)
67. Babar assumed the title of 'Pad shah' first at–
(A) Farghana (B) Kabul (C) Delhi (D) Samarkand (Ans : B)
68. The famous diamond 'Kohinoor' was presented to Shahjahan by–
(A) Aurangzeb (B) Murad (C) Mir Jumla (D) Abul Hasan Qutbshah (Ans : C)
69. Who among the following translated Ramayana into Persian language?
(A) Mulla Sheri (B) Abul Fazl (C) Faizi (D) Abdul Qadir Badayuni (Ans : D)
70. Who among the following composed poems with the pen-name 'Gulrukhi' ?
(A) Firoz Shah Tughlaq (B) Bahlol Lodi (C) Sikandar Lodi (D) Ibrahim Lodi (Ans : C)
71. Who of the following was not a member of Noorjahan's junta?
(A) Jahangir (B) Ghiyas Beg (C) Asaf Khan (D) Khurram (Ans : A)
72. Who was the 'Poet-laureate' of Shahjahan's reign?
(A) Kalim (B) Kashi (C) Qudsi (D) Munir (Ans : A)
73. In the battle of Wandhiwash (1760)–
(A) French defeated British (B) British defeated Dutch
(C) British defeated French (D) Dutch defeated British• (Ans : C)
74. When was Shivaji born and when did he assume the title of Chhatrapati ?
(A) 1626, 1675 (B) 1625, 1671 (C) 1627, 1661 (D) 1627, 1674 (Ans : D)
75. When was Peshwaship abolished?
(A) In 1858 (B) In 1818 (C) In 1861 (D) In 1802 (Ans : B)
76. By which Act the Board of Control came into existence?
(A) Regulating Act, 1773 (B) Act of Settlement, 1781
(C) Charter Act, 1813 (D) Pitt's India Act, 1784 (Ans : D)
77. Who was the author of the play 'Nil Darpan' ?
(A) Tara Nath Bandopadhyay (B) Tara Nath Ghosh
(C) Dinabandhu Mitra (D) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee (Ans : C)
78. Who termed the uprising of 1857 as the first was of independence?
(A) V. A. Smith (B) P. E. Roberts (C) V. D. Savarkar (D) All of the above (Ans : C)
79. Who emerged victorious in the first Anglo-Mysore War (1766- 69)?
(A) English (B) Haider Ali (C) Maratha (D) Nizam of Hyderabad (Ans : B)
80. The monopoly of the East India Company in India's trade was abolished in–
(A) 1793 (B) 1803 (C) 1813 (D) 1833 (Ans : C)
81. Sindh was annexed by the British in–
(A) 1843 (B) 1845 (C) 1849 (D) 1854 (Ans : A)
82. The Indian Famine Code, 1883 was prepared by–
(A) Hunter Commission (B) Hartog Commission (C) Strachey Commission (D) Indigo Commission (Ans : C)
83. Which one of the following centres of the uprising of 1857 was recaptured by the English?
(A) Jhansi (B) Meerut (C) Delhi (D) Kanpur (Ans : C)
84. Who among the following was government advocate in Kakori Conspiracy Case?
(A) Mohan Lal Saxena (B) Jagat Narain Mulla
(C) Krishna Bahadur (D) Prabhat Chandra (Ans : B)
85. Mahatma Gandhi delivered his first public speech in India at–
(A) Bombay (B) Lucknow (C) Champaran (D) Varanasi (Ans : D)
86. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Moplah revolt – Kerala (B) Kuka revolt – Punjab
(C) Koli revolt – Gujarat (D) Chuar revolt – Madhya Pradesh (Ans : D)
87. In which of the following prisons Pt. Ram Prasad Bismal was hanged?
(A) Gonda (B) Faizabad (C) Gorakhpur (D) Varanasi (Ans : C)
88. Who among the following said 'Swaraj is our birth right' ?
(A) M. K. Gandhi (B) G. K. Gokhale (C) B. G. Tilak (D) Dada Bhai Naoroji (Ans : C)
89. Who amongst the following coined the word 'Satyagraha' ?
(A) Harilal Gandhi (B) Mahatma Gandhi (C) Ramdas Gandhi (D) Manilal Gandhi (Ans : B)
90. On which of the following rail-way stations of South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out of the train ?
(A) Johannesburg (B) Pietermaritzburg (C) Durban (D) Pretoria (Ans : B)
91. Who amongst the following headed the 1946 Cabinet Mission?
(A) Hugh Gaitskell (B) Sir John Simon
(C) Sir Pethic Lawrence (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
92. Who amongst the following was the first Chairman of the Gadar Party ?
(A) Lala Herdayal (B) Sohan Singh Bhakna (C) Keshar Singh (D) Pandit Kashi Ram (Ans : B)
93. Who among the following was the President of the Indian National Congress on 15th August, 1947 ?
(A) Rajendra Prasad (B) Jwaharlal Nehru (C) J. B. Kripalani (D) Sardar Patel (Ans : C)
94. Who amongst the following American was with Mahatma Gandhi during his 'Dandi March' ?
(A) H. N. Brailsford (B) Webb Miller (C) G. Slocomba (D) James Patterson (Ans : B)
95. Who amongst the following as the leader of the 1857 uprising at Allahabad?
(A) Nana Saheb (B) Azimullah (C) Tantia Tope (D) Maulvi Liyaqat All (Ans : D)
96. In which of the following sessions of Muslim League, M. A. Jinnah putforth his 14 point proposal?
(A) 1927 (B) 1928 (C) 1929 (D) 1930 (Ans : C)
97. Who amongst the following presided over the All parties Muslim Conference held at Delhi on 31st December, 1928 ?
(A) Aga Khan (B) M. A. Jinnah (C) Faizli Hussain (D) Karim Jalal (Ans : A)
98. In which of the following sessions of Indian National Congress, Jawaharlal Nehru spoke of socialism as the key to the solution of India's problems?
(A) Lahore (B) Lucknow (C) Allahabad (D) Ramgarh (Ans : A)
99. Who headed the Boundary Commission appointed in 1947 in the context of India's partition?
(A) Mountbatten (B) Radcliffe (C) James Bolt (D) Richardson (Ans : B)
100. Who was the editor of the revolutionary paper 'Bande Mataram' ?
(A) Shyamji Krishna Verma (B) Bhikaji Cama (C) V. D. Savarkar (D) C. D. Savarkar (Ans : B)
( Click Here : Read Question No. 101-150 )