Uttarakhand Group-C (Samuh-G) exam of the year 2014 held on dated 26 July, 2015. We are giving 80 questions of General Knowledge of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
1. ‘Rajatarangini’ was composed by–
(A) Mahendravarman I (B) Kalhana (C) Parameshawarvarman (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
2. Hill station ‘Coonoor’ is located in–
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Uttarakhand (D) None of these (Ans : D)
3. The recently formed 29th State of India is–
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Vidharba (C) Tulunadu (D) Telangana (Ans : D)
4. When was the partition of Uttar Pradesh done?
(A) 2001 (B) 2000 (C) 1999 (D) None of these (Ans : B)
5. Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the President of India from–
(A) 1948 to 1952 (B) 1947 to 1956 (C) 1947 to 1966 (D) None of these (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following is an example of computer language?
(A) COBOL (B) PASCAL (C) FORTRAN (D) All of these (Ans : D)
7. Cyclone….. hit Vishakhapatnam recently.
(A) Hudhud (B) Gadbad (C) Gudbud (D) None of these (Ans : A)
8. The Jauljeevi Fair is organised at–
(A) Udham Singh Nagar (B) Pithoragarh (C) Nainital (D) Dehradun (Ans : B)
9. Shri Nagraj Devta Fair is organised at–
(A) Bageshwar (B) Almora (C) Uttarkashi (D) Champawat (Ans : C)
10. ‘Lingtal’ is located at–
(A) Chamoli (B) Bageshwar (C) Oehradun (D) Tehri (Ans : A)
11. Which of the following is called ‘Red Planet’?
(A) Pluto (B) Venus (C) Mars (D) None of these (Ans : C)
12. The unit of current is–
(A) Ampere (B) Watt (C) Volt (D) Coulomb (Ans : A)
13. The Boat Race is a special feature of which festival?
(A) Navratri (B) Onam (C) Deepawali (D) Holi (Ans : B)
14. The Battle of Plassey was fought in year–
(A) 1782 (B) 1748 (C) 1764 (D) None of these (Ans : D)
15. ‘Rosh Hashanah’ is the New Year’s Day of which communities?
(A) Jews (B) Muslims (C) Hindus (D) None of these (Ans : A)
16. The ‘Maitree’ is a name of joint combat exercise between India and–
(A) Thailand (B) Korea (C) Russia (D) Afganistan (Ans : A)
17. The famous archaeological monument ‘Rani Ki Vav’ is located in–
(A) Orissa (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Uttarakhand (D) Gujarat (Ans : D)
18. Which country has won the AFC Women’s Asian Football Cup 2014?
(A) India (B) Nepal (C) Japan (D) None of these (Ans : C)
19. Footballer ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ belongs to which country?
(A) Portugal (B) Spain (C) Australia (D) None of these (Ans : A)
20. The Capital of Australia is–
(A) Sydney (B) Melbourne (C) Canberra (D) None of these (Ans : C)
21 The Currency of United Kingdom is–
(A) Pound (B) Dollar (C) Euro (D) None of these (Ans : A)
22. …..is called Gateway of India.
(A) New Delhi (B) Mumbai (C) Kolkata (D) Chennai (Ans : B)
23. ‘Surya Kund’ is situated at–
(A) Yamunotri (B) Haridwar (C) Nainital (D) Udham Singh Nagar (Ans : A)
24. First Battle of Panipat was fought between–
(A) Babur and Sher Shah (B) Babur and Rana Pratap (C) Akbar and Hemu (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
25. The famous Madarasa at Bidar was built by–
(A) Muhammad Gawan (B) Muhammad Shah (C) Akbar (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
26. Permanent Land Settlement was introduced by–
(A) Lord Wellesley (B) Lord Cornwallis (C) Lord Bentinck (D) None of these (Ans : B)
27. ‘Lakh Baksh’ was the title of–
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak (B) Iltutmish (C) Akbar (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
28. Indian National Congress was founded by–
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Indira Gandhi (C) AO Hume (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
29. The title ‘Lion of Karnataka’ was given to–
(A) RR Diwakar (B) KC Reddy (C) Gangadhar Rao Deshpande (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
30. Which treaty is associated with establishment of European Union?
(A) Menon Treaty (B) European Treaty (C) Thomas Treaty (D) Maastricht Treaty (Ans : D)
31. The vector of ‘break bone fever’ is–
(A) contaminated water (B) Aedes (C) sugar (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
32. ECT is–
(A) an apparatus for epilepsy (B) a drug which acts as sedative (C) shock treatment (D) artificial organ (Ans : C)
33. AIIMS New Delhi was founded in–
(A) 1956 (B) 1947 (C) 1971 (D) None of these (Ans : A)
34. Gopinath Munde passed away in a road accident. Who was he?
(A) Defence Minister (B) Union Forest Minister (C) Finance Minister (D) Union Rural Development Minister (Ans : D)
35. World Environment Day was founded by the UN in year–
(A) 1951 (B) 1972 (C) 1930 (D) None of these (Ans : B)
36. What is INS Sahyadri (F-49)?
(A) Satellite (B) Helicopter (C) Multi role frigate (D) Train (Ans : C)
37. Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) has issued orders prohibiting research and breeding of which animal?
(A) Cow (B) Dear (C) Sheep (D) Camel (Ans : C)
38. ‘Ghatotkach Temple’ and ‘Hidimba Temple’ are located at–
(A) Uttarkashi (B) Champawat (C) Tehri (D) None of these (Ans : A)
39. ‘Bhanu Pratap’ was the king of–
(A) Dronpur (B) Jaunsar (C) Jageshwarpuri (D) Chand pur Garhi (Ans : D)
40. Dunda and Mori tehsils are in which district?
(A) Uttarkashi (B) Chamoli (C) Champawat (D) Dehradun (Ans : A)
41. Match List I to List II.
List -I (Temple)
A. Anusuiya Devi B. Hathkali Temple C. Naina Devi D. Uma Devi
1. Pithoragarh 2. Chamoli 3. Nainital 4. Dehradun
A B C D
(A) 2 4 3 1
(B) 1 4 3 2
(C) 2 1 3 2
(D) None of these (Ans : A)
42. The measuring unit of land in Uttarakhand is–
(A) Nali (B) Mutthi (C) Beegha (D) All of these (Ans : D)
43. The National Highway number of Rishikesh-Mana route is–
(A) 58 (B) 74 (C) 73 (D) None (Ans : A)
44. Uttarakhand National Administrative Training Academy is located at–
(A) Dehradun (B) Mussoorie (C) Nainital (D) Haridwar (Ans : B)
45. Who founded the organisation named ‘Kranti Veer’?
(A) Govind Ballabh Pant (B) Kalu Mehra (C) Om Nath Negi (D) Ram Chandra Thapliyal (Ans : B)
46. Who is National Security Advisor?
(A) RK Mennon (B) Ajit Dobhal (C) Hari Kishan (D) OP Javalkar (Ans : B)
47. Mullaperiyar dam is located in which State of India?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Orissa (C) Kerala (D) Assam (Ans : C)
48. …..to become 19th country to adopt Euro as currency from January 1, 2015.
(A) China (B) Brazil (C) Korea (D) Lithuania (Ans : D)
49. Which private sector bank in India sets Guinness record in blood collection?
(A) HDFC Bank (B) ICICI Bank (C) Axis Bank (D) IDBI Bank (Ans : A)
50. Uttarakhand Technical University is located at–
(A) Nainital (B) Pithoragarh (C) Haridwar (D) Dehradun (Ans : D)
51. International Tigers Day is observed on–
(A) July 26 (B) July 29 (C) July 27 (D) July 30 (Ans : B)
52. What is C-17 Globemaster?
(A) Aircraft (B) Ship (C) Satellite (D) None of these (Ans : A)
53. The FIBA Asian Cup is associated with which game?
(A) Cricket (B) Hockey (C) Basketball (D) Volleyball (Ans : C)
54. The State Game of Uttarakhand is–
(A) Hockey (B) Football (C) Badminton (D) None of these (Ans : D)
55. Which bank has launched travel card for student going abroad?
(A) ICICI (B) HDFC (C) SBI (D) PNB (Ans : A)
56. Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched a we(B) platform named as–
(A) Modi.gov.in (B) Modi.gov.org.in (C) mygov.nic.in (D) mygov.org.nic.in (Ans : C)
57. Which combination is wrong?
(A) State Tree of Uttarakhand–Ashok (B) State Animal of Uttarakhand–Kasturi Mrag
(C) State Flower of Uttarakhand–Brahm Kamal (D) State Bird of Uttarakhand–Monal (Ans : A)
58. ‘And then One Day: A Memoir’ is the autobiography of–
(A) Amitabh Bachchan (B) Kapil Dev (C) Rajesh Khanna (D) Naseeruddin Shah (Ans : D)
59. Which day is celebrated in the honour of war heroes of Kargil every year?
(A) July 1 (B) July 26 (C) July 27 (D) August15 (Ans : B)
60. Govind Ballabh Pant founded….. in Kashipur.
(A) Pant Sabha (B) Pran Sabha (C) Prem Sabha (D) Pahar Sabha (Ans : D)
61. ‘Monal’ is the National Bird of–
(A) Tibet (B) Bhutan (C) Nepal (D) Sri Lanka (Ans : C)
62. The Chairman of Uttarakhand State Public Service Commission–
(A) Dr. DP Joshi (B) Prof. Om Prakash (C) Prof. Kusuni Rani Pant (D) Prof. Umakant Pandey (Ans : A)
63. Badri Dutt Pandey is also known as–
(A) Garh Kesari (B) Lok Ratna (C) Kumaon Kesari (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
64. Who is known as ‘Lok Ratna’ in Uttarakhand?
(A) KC Pant (B) Gumani Pant (C) Ila Pant (D) None of these (Ans : B)
65. Someshwar, Hawalbag and Ramnagar towns are situated on which river bank?
(A) Gaula (B) Gomti (C) Kosi (D) None of these (Ans : C)
66. Which combination is correct?
(A) City of saints – Rishikesh (B) Pilgrim City – Haridwar
(C) City of Lakes – Nainital (D) All of above are correct (Ans : D)
67. The present Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court–
(A) AA Desai (B) Barin Ghosh (C) KM Joseph (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
68. Famous IV star Smriti Irani is the present Union Cabinet Minister for–
(A) Human Resource Development (B) Woman and Child Development
(C) Information and Broad Casting (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
69. Dipika Pallikal is associated with which sports?
(A) Squash (B) Cricket (C) Football (D) None of these (Ans : A)
70. ….. is helping India for Ganga rejuvenation.
(A) China (B) Nepal (C) The USA (D) Japan (Ans : D)
71. Who hosted the UN Climate Change Summit 2014?
(A) Ban Ki-moon (B) Japan (C) Pakistan (D) None of these (Ans : D)
72. The Union Cabinet approved the launching of NAM. What is full form of NAM?
(A) National Akshar Mission (B) National Ayush Mission (C) National Aadhar Mission (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
73. According to the 15th Census, which is the most populous state of India?
(A) Uttar pradesh (B) Delhi (C) Maharashtra (D) Bihar (Ans : A)
74. Project Seabird Phase II was started in which of the following States?
(A) Karnataka (B) Meghalaya (C) Sikkim (D) Gujarat (Ans : A)
75. The Union government granted Navratna status to….. and.
(A) ElL; NALCO (B) ElL; NBCC (C) NBCC; UPPCL (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
76. Which of the following places is not located in Rudraprayag district?
(A) Sonprayag (B) Augastmuni (C) Nandprayag (D) Gaurikund (Ans : C)
77. The Governor of Uttarakhand is–
(A) Harish Rawat (B) Indira Hridesh (C) Dr. KK Paul (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
78. ‘Molaram Chitra Sangrahalaya’ is located at–
(A) Haridwar (B) Chamoli (C) Champawai (D) Srinagar (Pauri) (Ans : D)
79. ‘Rajaji National Park’ is spread over in….. district/districts.
(A) Dehradun (B) Pauri (C) Haridwar (D) All of these (Ans : D)
80. ‘Indira Gandhi National Forest Institute’ is located at–
(A) Dehradun (B) Nainital (C) Pithoragarh (D) Chamoli (Ans : A)