Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Teacher Examination of the year 2013 held on dated 26-10-2014. We are giving 125 questions of History of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
1. The President of Lahore Session of Indian National Congress (1920) was–
(A) Abul Kalam Azad (B) Rajendra Prasad (C) Subhash Chandra Bose (D) Jawaharlal Nehru (Ans : D)
2. Who of the following dedicated the caves in Nagarjuni Hills to the Ajivikas ?
(A) Kunala (B) Samprati (C) Dasharatha (D) Indrapalita (Ans : C)
3. Which Sultan of Delhi brought Ashokan Pillar to Delhi ?
(A) Firozshah Tuglaq (B) Jalaluddin Khalji (C) Mohammad-bin-Tughlaq (D) Mohammad Ghori (Ans : A)
4. Who abolished Gati system?
(A) Lord Warren Hastings (B) Lord Curzon (C) Lord William Bentinck (D) Lord Canning (Ans : C)
5. In vedic period which animal was known as ‘Aghanya’ ?
(A) Bull (B) Sheep (C) Cow (D) Elephant (Ans : C)
6. According to Kutiliya Arthashastra the-Civil Courts were called–
(A) Parihar (B) Dharmasthiya (C) Kantakashodhana (D) Dandadhikarana (Ans : B)
7. For the first time the token currency was introduced in India by–
(A) Akbar (B) Alauddin Khalji (C) Bahlol Lodi (D) Mohammad-bin-Tughlaq (Ans : D)
8. Which one of the following vows was added by Mahavira ?
(A) Truthfulness (B) Non-injury (C) Non-attachment (D) Celibacy (Ans : D)
9. Earliest human species is–
(A) Australopithecus (B) Java man (C) Homo-eractus (D) Neanderthal (Ans : A)
10. From where the first war of independence started in 1957 ?
(A) Lucknow (B) Jhansi (C) Meerut (D) Kanpur (Ans : C)
11. Avadh was annexed to British Empire by the policy of–
(A) Doctrine of lapse (B) By waging war
(C) Policy of subsidiary alliance (D) Declaring the state as mal-administered (Ans : D)
12. In Indus Valley Civilization people worshipped-
(A) Pashupati (B) Indra (C) Brahma (D) Vishnu (Ans : A)
13. Who among the following issued silver coins with Sanskrit legend on one side?
(A) Muhammad-bin-Qasim (B) Mahmud of Ghazni (C) Sher Shah (D) Akbar (Ans : B)
14. Who among the following translated ‘Bhagavadgita’ into English for the first time?
(A) William Jones (B) Charles Wilkins (C) Cunningham (D) James Princep (Ans : B)
15. An important centre of the Pashupatas during the time of Chandragupta II was–
(A) Mathura (B) Kaushambi (C) Tripuri (D) Udaigiri (Ans : C)
16. Maximum number of Hand axe and Clearver are reported from–
(A) Neolithic period (B) Lower Palaeolithic period
(C) Mesolithic period D) Proto-historic period (Ans : B)
17. The first battle of Panipat was fought between–
(A) Babar and Ibrahim Lodi (B) Babar and Rana Sanga
(C) Sher Shah Suri and Akbar (D) Humayun and Ibrahim Lodi (Ans : A)
18. During the Rigvedic period ‘Nishka’ was an ornament of–
(A) Ear (B) Neck (C) Arm (D) Wrist (Ans : B)
19. Who is credited with the introduction of permanent settlement in Bengal and Bihar?
(A) Lord Curzon (B) Lord Cornwalis (C) Lord Ripon (D) Lord Wellesley (Ans : B)
20. Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Muhammad Ghori in the first Battle of–
(A) Panipat (B) Tarain (C) Chandavar (D) Thaneshwar (Ans : B)
21. Which one of the following Sultans of Delhi was the first to levi the irrigation tax?
(A) Alauddin Khalji (B) Balban (C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq (D) Mohammad bin Tughlaq (Ans : C)
22. Last Viceroy of India was–
(A) Lord Wavell (B) Lord Mountbatten (C) Lord Canning (D) C. Rajgopalachari Ans : (B)
23. The first factory established by East India Company was at–
(A) Goa (B) Surat (C) Pandicheri (D) Madras (Ans : B)
24. ‘Ashtapradhan’ was the council of ministers in the--
(A) Gupta administration (B) Maratha administration
(C) Vijaynagar administration (D) Chola administration (Ans : B)
25. The beginning of Shainism is traced to the priod of–
(A) Harappan (B) Later Vedic (C) Mauryan (D) Shunga-Kushana (Ans : A)
26. Which one is not related to education?
(A) Upanayana (B) Samavartana (C) Brahmacharya (D) Simantonnayana (Ans : D)
27. During which one of the following battles did Babar declare ‘Jehad’ ?
(A) Battle of Panipat (B) Battle of Khanwa (C) Battle of Chanderi (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
28. Against which Mughal Emperor was a ‘Fatwa’ issued from Jaunpur ?
(A) Humayun (B) Akbar (C) Shahjahan (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : B)
29. In the Chola Kingdom, a very large village administered a single unit was called–
(A) Nadu (B) Kurrarn (C) Kottarn (D) Taniyur (Ans : D)
30. Which one of the following Upanishads contains the dialogue of N achiketa and Yama on spiritual knowledge–
(A) Brihadaranyaka (B) Chhandogya Upanishad (C) Kathopanishad (D) Kena Upanishad (Ans : C)
31. Which one of the following was the first Gupta ruler to issue coins?
(A) Chandragupta I (B) Ghatotkacha (C) Samudragupta (D) Srigupta (Ans : A)
32. The capital of Gurjara Pratihara was–
(A) Delhi (B) Gwalior (C) Kannauj (D) Kalinjara (Ans : C)
33. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Alamgirpur-Uttar Pradesh (B) Lothal-Gujarat (C) Kalibangan-Haryana (D) Ropar-Punjab (Ans : C)
34. Which medieval ruler introduced the system of ‘patta’ and ‘qabuliyat’ to help the peasants?
(A) Alauddin Khalji (B) Giyasuddin Tughlaq (C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq (D) Sher Shah (Ans : D)
35. Who was the first to have successfully read the Ashokan inscriptions?
(A) William Jones (B) Wheeler (C) R. D. Banerjee (D) James Prinsep (Ans : D)
36. The evidence of a ploughed field was four at–
(A) Mohenjodaro (B) Harappa (C) Kalibangan (D) Lothal (Ans : C)
37. Shivaji defeated the Mughals in the battle of–
(A) Purandhar (B) Rajgarh (C) Salhar (Salher) (D) Shivner (Ans : C)
38. In which of the Vedas, Sabha and Samiti as called as two daughters of Prajapati ?
(A) Rigveda (B) Samveda (C) Yajurveda (D) Atharvaveda (Ans : D)
39. What is the correct chronological order of the following movements?
1. Civil Disobedience Movement 2. Khilafat Movement
3. Non-Cooperation Movement 4. Quit India Movement
Select your answer from the code given below–
(A) 1, 4, 3, 2 (B) 4, 1, 2, 3 (C) 3, 2, 1, 4 (D) 2, 4, 1, 3 (Ans : C)
40. The Mughal emperor who allowed a chain with bell to be hung outside his palace to enable justice?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Shah Jahan (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : B)
41. The famous ‘Lucknow Pact’ was signed between the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League in–
(A) 1912 (B) 1914 (C) 1916 (D) 1918 (Ans : C)
42. Which of the following places was not visited by Buddha?
(A) Vaishali (B) Kapilvastu (C) Kaushambi (D) Ujjaini (Ans : D)
43. The Mughal queen whose name was written on the ‘Frmans’ and coins–
(A) Mariam Makani (B) Mumtaz Mahal (C) Maham Anga (D) Nurjahan (Ans : D)
44. Which one of the following date was decided by Muslim League to observe the ‘Direct Action Day’ ?
(A) August 14, 1946 (B) August 12, 1945 (C) August 14, 1944 (D) August 16, 1946 (Ans : D)
45. The formula for transfer of sovereignty to Indian in 1947 was known as–
(A) Durand Plan (B) Merely-Minto Reforms (C) Mountbatten Plan (D) Wavell Plan (Ans : C)
46. Which Sultan of Delhi is said to have followed the policy of ‘blood and iron’ ?
(A) Iltutmish (B) Balban (C) Jalaluddin Firoz Khalji (D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq Ans : (B)
47. Where was the First Jain Council held around the third century B. C. ?
(A) Vallabhi (B) Vaishali (C) Pataliputra (D) Rajgriha (Ans : C)
48. Which one of the following was not included in the Vedic religion?
(A) Natura Worship (B) Recitation of Mantra (C) Idol Worship (D) Sacrifices Ans : (C)
49. Upanishads were translated into Persian and their collection was produced during the reign of–
(A) Aurangzeb (B) Jahangir (C) Akbar (D) Shahjahan (Ans : D)
50. The Constituent Assembly that framed India’s Constitution was set up–
(A) under the Indian Independence Act (B) under the Government of India Act, 1935
(C) by the Queen’s Proclamation (D) under the Cabinet Mission Plan (Ans : D)
51. The name of Chandella Kingdom Jejakabhukti was derived from the name of the Chandella King–
(A) Jayashakti (B) Vijayashakti (C) Nannuka (D) Harsha (Ans : A)
52. Saint Samarath Ramdas is associated with the reign of–
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Shah Jahan (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : C)
53. Who among following Gurus patronized prince Khusrau, the son of the Jahangir ?
(A) Guru Har Kishan (B) Guru Teg Bahadur (C) Guru Govind Singh (D) Guru Arjun Deva (Ans : D)
54. The president of the Buddhist Council organized during the reign of Ashoka was–
(A) Ashvaghosha (B) Vasumitra (C) Mahendra (D) Mogaliputra Tishya (Ans : D)
55. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists–
(a) Alai Darwaja, Delhi (b) Buland Darwaja, Fatehpur Sikri
(c) Moti Masjid, Agra (d) Tomb of Itimad-ud-daula
1. Alauddin Khalji 2. Akbar 3. Shahjahan 4. Noorjahan
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 3 2 1 4
(C) 4 1 2 3
(D) 1 4 3 2 (Ans : A)
56. Indian Constitution was amended for the first time in–
(A) 1950 (B) 1951 (C) 1952 (D) 1953 (Ans : B)
57. Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq shifted his capital from Delhi to–
(A) Daulatabad (B) Kalinjar (C) Kannauj (D) Lahore (Ans : A)
58. In which of the Edicts Askoka declares “Essence of all the Sects should flourish” ?
(A) Rock Edict X (B) Rock Edict VI (C) Rock Edict V (D) Rock Edict XII (Ans : D)
59. Which one of the following kings of medieval India began the ‘Public Distribution System’ ?
(A) Alauddin Khalji (B) Balban (C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq (D) Mohammad-bin-Tughlaq (Ans : A)
60. Which one of the following was not a Buddhist centre of education?
(A) Nalanda (B) Taxila (C) Vikramshila (D) Valabhi (Ans : D)