Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Teacher Examination of the year 2013 held on dated 26-10-2014. We are giving 125 questions of History of this exam with answers.
( See Previous Questions No. 1- 60 )
61. Nalanda University was burnt and destroyed by–
(A) Mahmud of Chazni (B) Mohammad Chari (C) Qutubuddin Aibak (D) Bakhtiyar Khalji (Ans : D)
62. Bhimbetaka is famous for–
(A) Temples (B) Sculptures (C) Buddhist and Jain Caves (D) Rock Paintings Ans : (D)
63. Who among the following was the founder of Agra ?
(A) Balban (B) Bahlol Lodi (C) Sikandar Lodi (D) Firoz Tughlaq (Ans : C)
64. At which place the Tomb of Akbar is situated?
(A) Sikandara (B) Ajmer (C) Delhi (D) Allahabad (Ans : A)
65. ‘Anekantavada’ is main feature of–
(A) Jainism (B) Buddhism (C) Ajivika Sect (D) Sankhya (Ans : A)
66. Which son of Aurangazeb revolted against his father, weakening the latter’s position against the Rajputs?
(A) Azam (B) Akbar (C) Muazzam (D) Kam Baksh (Ans : B)
67. The birth place of Mahavir was–
(A) Kundigram near Vaishali (B) Pavapuri (C) Kushinagar (D) Sarnath (Ans : A)
68. Sirajuddaula was defeated by Lord Clive in the battle of–
(A) Plassey (B) Buxer (C) Munger (D) Bandiwash (Ans : A)
69. The earliest epigraphical evidence about Bhagavatism is–
(A) Allahabad inscription of Samudragupta (B) Besanagar Pillar inscription of Heliodorus
(C) Bhitari Pillar inscription of Skandagupta (D) Mahrauli Pillar inscription (Ans : B)
70. The famous work Tabaqat-i-Akbari was written by-
(A) Khwaja Nizamuddin Ahmad (B) Badauni (C) Abul Fazl (D) Khwand Mir (Ans : A)
71. Which one of the following sites has yielded the cultural remains from Neolithic to Harappan period?
(A) Amri (B) Mehrgarh (C) Kotdiji (D) Kalibangan (Ans : B)
72. Which of the following events of the Buddha’s life did not take place on the full moon of Vaishakh month?
(A) Birth (B) Renunciation (C) Enlightenment (D) Mahaparinirvana (Ans : B)
73. Who’ among the following established Delhi as the capital of Sultanate?
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak (B) Iltutmish (C) Razia Sultana (D) Jalaluddin Khalji Ans : (B)
74. The largest site of Indus Civilization in India is–
(A) Alamgirpur (B) Kalibangan (C) Lothal (D) Rakhigarhi (Ans : D)
75. Who was the founder of Bahmani Kingdom in Deccan?
(A) Malik Ambar (B) Hasan Gangoo (C) Mohammad Dewan (D) Sikandar Shah (Ans : B)
76. Where for the first time Varna System is mentioned?
(A) Rigveda (B) Yajurveda (C) Atharvaveda (D) Bhagavadgita (Ans : A)
77. The main centre of Chandella art was–
(A) Ujjain (B) Kannauj (C) Khajuraho (D) Gwalior (Ans : C)
78. Who among the following is credited with initiating a new Samvat–
(A) Dharmapala (B) Devapala (C) Vijayasena (D) Lakshamanasena (Ans : D)
79. Who divided the Mughal empire into provinces for the first time?
(A) Babar (B) Humayun (C) Jahangir (D) Akbar (Ans : D)
80. At which place the first meeting of Indian National Congress was held?
(A) Calcutta (B) Madras (C) Mumbai (D) Poona (Ans : C)
81. Regvedic Gods are mentioned in–
(A) Shahbajgarhi inscription (B) Junagarh inscription (C) Bhitari inscription (D) Boghajkoi inscription (Ans : D)
82. Which is the correct chronological order of the following events?
1. Cripps Mission 2. Gandhi-Irwin Pact 3. Simon Commission 4. Partition of the country
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4 (B) 2, 1, 4, 3 (C) 2, 1, 3, 4 (D) 3, 2, 1, 4 (Ans : D)
83. Who among the following Gupta rulers conquered Huns–
(A) Chandragupta II (B) Kumaragupta I (C) Skandagupta (D) Bhanugupta (Ans : C)
84. Adi Shankar who later on became Shankaracharya was born in–
(A) Kashmir (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) West Bengal (D) Kerala (Ans : D)
85. Which one of the following was the first great royal patron of Buddhism?
(A) Ashoka (B) Ajatshatru (C) Udayan (D) Kanishka (Ans : A)
86. ‘Chachanama’ describes the history of which region?
(A) Kashmir (B) Sindh (C) Punjab (D) Gujarat (Ans : B)
87. The beginning of the domestication of animals as excavated evidence reveals goes back to-
(A) lower palaeolithic period (B) middle palaeolithic period
(C) upper palaeolithic period (D) Mesolithic and Neolithic periods (Ans : D)
88. Earliest evidence of agriculture are reported from-
(A) Chirand (B) Burzahom (C) Lahuradeva (D) Senuwar (Ans : C)
89. Who was the founder of Gangai-konda Cholapuram ?
(A) Rajaraj I (B) Rajadhiraj (C) Rajendra I (D) Vijayaditya (Ans : C)
90. Hindustan Socialist Republican Association was formed by–
(A) Subhas Chandra Bose (B) Ras Bihari Bose (C) Chandra Shekhar Azad (D) Sardar Bhagat Singh (Ans : C)
91. Gupta Samrata started in–
(A) 219 AD. (B) 319 AD. (C) 606 AD. (D) 144 AD. (Ans : B)
92. The Buland Darwaza was built by Akbar to commemorate his victory of–
(A) Gujarat (B) Khandesh (C) Ahmadnagar (D) Berar (Ans : A)
93. The Uttaramerur Inscription belongs to the reign of Chola ruler–
(A) Vijayalaya (B) Paramtaka I (C) Rajaraja (D) Rajendra I (Ans : B)
94. Who among the following was the first woman ruler of medieval India?
(A) Noorjahan (B) Chand Bibi (C) Razia Sultan (D) Durgavati (Ans : C)
95. The ruins of which of the following place represent the old capital of Vijayanagar ?
(A) Ahmadnagar (B) Bijapur (C) Golconda (D) Hampi (Ans : D)
96. At which place Kumaradevi, the queen of Govindachandra Ga- hadavala, constructed Dharma- Chakra-Jina-Vihara ?
(A) Bodh Gaya (B) Rajgrih (C) Kushinagar (D) Sarnath (Ans : D)
97. Which one among the following is not found depicted on Chola coins?
(A) Fish (B) Bow (C) Tiger (D) Elephant (Ans : *)
98. Which one of the following animals is not represented in Harappan seals?
(A) Bull (B) Elephant (C) Tiger (D) Cow (Ans : D)
99. Which one of the following Mughal emperors abolished the customs of ‘Sijda’ ?
(A) Akbar (B) Aurangzeb (C) Shahjahan (D) Jahangir (Ans : C)
100. Marriage of Samyogita, the daughter of Jaichandra with Prithviraja III is described in–
(A) Prithviraja Vijaya (B) Prithviraja Raso (C) Hammira Mahakavya (D) Pavanadutam (Ans : B)
101. Who among the following was called ‘Father of Indian Renaissance?’
(A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy (B) Dayanand Saraswati (C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (D) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (Ans : A)
102. The Chandella King who was responsible for the killing of Gurjara Pratihara ruler Rajyapala was–
(A) Kirtivarman (B) Yashovarman (C) Dhanga (D) Vidyadhara (Ans : D)
103. The composer of Allahabad Pillar Inscription (Prayag Prashasti) was–
(A) Sursen (B) Harisen (C) Ravikirti (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
104. Who were the first Europeans to come to India for trade?
(A) Dutch (B) English (C) French (D) Portuguese (Ans : D)
105. Which Sultan of Delhi was a contemporary of the Mongol Chengiz Khan ?
(A) Iltutmish (B) Razia (C) Balban (D) Alauddin Khalji (Ans : A)
106. Who among the following had built the Sompur Mahavihar–
(A) Kumaragupta I (B) Harsha (C) Dharmapala (D) Vijayasen (Ans : C)
107. Which Mewar. king was defeated in the battle of Khanua by Babar in 1527?
(A) Rana Sanga (B) Uday Singh (C) Man Singh (D) Rana Pratap (Ans : A)
108. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Dholavira – R. S. Bisht (B) Lothal – V. K. Thapar
(C) Harappa – D. R. Sahni (D) Surkotada – J. P. Joshi (Ans : B)
109. Mahavir attained the highest spiritual knowledge ‘Kevalya’ at–
(A) Kundagrama (B) Vaishali (C) Bodhgaya (D) Jrimbhikagrama (Ans : D)
110. Who was the founder chairman of ‘Harijan Sewak Sangh’ ?
(A) Ghanashyam Das Birla (B) B. R. Ambedkar (C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Vinoba Bhave (Ans : A)
111. The Vedic river ‘Kubha’ is to be located in–
(A) Afghanistan (B) Chinese Turkistan (C) Kashmir (D) Punjab (Ans : A)
112. Who was responsible for encouraging the Local Self Government in India-
(A) Lord Mayo (B) Lord Lytton (C) Lord Canning (D) Lord Ripon (Ans : D)
113. The first inscription evidence of the Sati System has been found from–
(A) Eran (B) Junagarh (C) Mandsaur (D) Sanchi (Ans : A)
114. The first Satyagraha launched by Mahatma Gandhi in India was–
(A) Champaran Satyagraha (B) Kheda Satyagraha (C) Rowlett Satyagraha (D) None of these (Ans : A)
115. The Chola King was conquered the northern part of Sri Lanka and made it province of his empire was–
(A) Rajaraja (B) Rajendra I (C) Adhirajendra (D) Parantaka I (Ans : A)
116. Painting in Mughal period was initiated by–
(A) Akbar (B) Humayun (C) Jahangir (D) Shah Jahan (Ans : B)
117. The evidence of an advanced water management is found at–
(A) Harappan (B) Mohenjodaro (C) Lothal (D) Dholavira (Ans : D)
118. Which title’ was not adopted by the Gupta Kings?
(A) Parameshvara (B) Dharmapravartaka (C) Paramebattaraka (D) Maharajadhiraja (Ans : A)
119. Which of the following was known as Theravada or Sthaviravada ?
(A) Mahayana (B) Hinayana (C) Vajrayana (D) Tantrayana (Ans : B)
120. The ruler who contributed most in literature and art–
(A) Dharmapala (B) Dhanga (C) Mihira Bhoja (D) Paramara Bhoja (Ans : D)
121. The greatest commentator of the Buddhist canonical literature was–
(A) Ashvaghosha (B) Buddhaghosha (C) Vasumitra (D) Nagarjuna (Ans : A)
122. In which Edict Ashoka declared faith in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha?
(A) Rummindei Pillar inscription (B) Maski minor Rock Edict
(C) Sarnath Pillar inscription (D) Bhabru minor Rock Edict (Ans : D)
123. Where is the mausoleum of Shershah–
(A) Sasaram (B) Delhi (C) Kalinjar (D) Sonargaon (Ans : A)
124. Gautam Buddha delivered his first sermon at–
(A) Vaishali (B) Sarnath (C) Bodhgaya (D) Rajgriha (Ans : B)
125. Who succeeded Aurangzeb after his death?
(A) Mohammad Shah (B) Akbar II (C) Bahadur Shah I (D) Jahandar Shah (Ans : C)