1. The storage device used to conpensate for difference in rates of flow of date from one device to another is termed as–
(a) Chip (b) Channel (c) Floppy (d) Call (e) Buffer
2. The computer is a machine and all other equipments associated with it, are termed as–
(a) Hardware (b) Software (c) Firmware (d) Humanware (e) None of these
3. Which of the following is a single-user operating system?
(a) MS-DOS (b) UNIX (c) XENIX (d) OS/2
4. Which of the following is volatile?
(a) RAM (b) EEPROM (c) EPROM (d) ROM
5. The input device that is closely related to touch-screen is the–
(a) Keyboard (b) Light pen (c) Scanned (d) Joystick
6. Which one of the following attributes is not applicable to an interpreter?
(a) Consumers’ less time (b) Very expensive (c) Simplicity (d) None of these
7. A Program that converts a high-level computer program into set of instructions that will run on a machine is called–
(a) an editor (b) a linker (c) a compiler (d) a debugger
8. Low power, single transistor call and in-system re-writability are the features associated with–
(a) SRAM (b) Flash (c) EEPROM (d) ROM
9. To select a sentence using mouse, click anywhere on the sentence while holding down the following key–
(a) CTRL (b) ALT (c) SHIFT (d) SHIFT + CTRL
10. The go to statement causes the control to go to–
(a) an operator (b) a variable (c) a label (d) a function
11. The total number of registers with 32-bit width in the motorda MC 68000 microprocessor is–
(a) 4 (b) 8 (c) 15 (d) 10
12. Windows can work in which of the following mode?
(a) Expanded (b) Extended (c) Enhanced and standard (d) Compressed
13. Windows in popular because of its–
(a) GVI features (b) desktop technology (c) multi-tasking capacity (d) being expensive
14. The liquid crystal display works on the basis of the relation between–
(a) light intensity variation (b) voltage and current (c) temperature and volume (d) polarization and electric field
15. ………. Needs a compiler to compile the source code.
(a) BASIC (b) C/C++ (c) d Base (d) ORACLE
1. (c), 2. (a), 3. (c), 4. (a), 5. (b), 6. (b), 7. (c), 8. (b), 9. (a), 10. (c)
11. (c), 12. (c), 13. (a), 14. (d), 15. (b)