UPSC Preliminary Civil Services Examination 2015 will commence on 23 August, 2015 and the last date for receipt of application is 19 June, 2015.
Part-A Preliminary Examination
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
● Current events of national and international importance.
● History of India and Indian National Movement.
● Indian and World Geography—Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
● Indian Polity and Governance—Constitution
, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
● Economic and Social Development—Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
● General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change—that do not require subject specialisation General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
● Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
● Logical reasoning and analytical ability
● Decision-making and problemsolving
● General mental ability
● Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.—Class X level)
Note 1 : Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case
● CSE Mains General Studies Syllabus
UPSC Syllabus 2016-2017 for Optional Subjects
● CSE Agriculture Syllabus
● CSE Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Syllabus
● CSE Anthropology Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Botany Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Chemistry Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Civil Engineering Syllabus
● CSE Commerce and Accountancy Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Economics Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Electrical Engineering Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Geography Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Geology Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains History Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Law Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Management Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Mathematics Syllabus
● CSE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
● CSE Mains Medical Science Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Philosophy Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Physics Syllabus
● CSE Political Science and International Relations Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Psychology Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Public Administration Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Sociology Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Statistics Syllabus
● UPSC CSE Mains Zoology Syllabus
Civil Services Exam 2015 Notification and Syllabus Free PDF Download