We are giving 40 questions with answers of General Awareness asked in Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) of May 2014. These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming government competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. Where is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy situated ?
(A) Gujarat (B) Allahabad (c) Pune (D) Hyderabad (Ans : d)
2. Who is the current Governor of Reserve Bank of India?
(A) Dr. Raghuram Rajan (B) Dr. C. Rangarajan
(c) Dr. D. Subbarao (D) Dr. Y V. Reddy (Ans : a)
3. The only cricketer to claim over 500 wickets in both Tests and One-Dayers is–
(A) Ravi Shastri (B) Courtney Walsh
(c) Wasim Akram (D) Muttiah Murlitharam (Ans : d)
4. Which nation will host the 2018 women's hockey World Cup ?
(A) United Kingdom (B) Spain (c) India (D) Germany (Ans : a)
5. Which Indian-born Physicist invented the Optical Fibre ?
(A) C. V. Raman (B) Pramod Srivastav
(c) Pradeep (D) Narinder Singh Kapany (Ans : d)
6. Baku is the capital of–
(A) Azerbaijan (B) Maldives (c) Singapore (D) Afghanistan (Ans : a)
7. The winner of 2013 "Miss India" is–
(A) Zoya Afroz (B) Navneet Kaur Dhillon
(c) Shobitha Dulipala (D) Vineeta Jain (Ans : b)
8. The Oscar-winning Best Picture in 2014 is–
(A) 12 Years A Slave (B) Argo (c) Smile Pinkie (D) Frozen (Ans : a)
9. ……….is the unit used to measure sound.
(A) Ohm (B) Decibels (c) Parsecs (D) Mpc (Ans : b)
10. The theory of economic drain of India during British Imperialism was propounded by–
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) R C Dutt (D) M K Gandhi (Ans : b)
11. The Founder of online marketplace, Snap Deal.com is.
(A) Kunal Bahl (B) Sachin Bansal
(c) Evan Williams (D) Omi Dayr (Ans : a)
12. The First Woman Board Member of Honda Motors is–
(A) Hideko Kunii (B) Alice Herz
(c) Hua Chunying (D) Shaheen Sheik (Ans : a)
13. Which of the following is the best-selling book of 2013 in India?
(A) 'Girl of Heaven' written by David Stephen
(B) 'Smoking Boy' written by Alwar Ahmad
(c) 'Wings of Fire' written by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(D) The Immortals of Meluha' book written by Amish Tripati (Ans : d)
14. Who won the Men's Singles in Australian Open Tennis Tournament 2014 ?
(A) Stanislas Wawrinka (B) Roger Federer
(c) Rafael Nadal (D) Andy Murray (Ans : a)
15. Among Terrestrial animals, which animal has the longest gestation period?
(A) Rhino (B) Elephant (c) Crocodiles (D) Ants (Ans : b)
16. Raja Ravi Varma, the famous painter, was from–
(A) Maharashtra (B) Andhra Pradesh (c) Madhya Pradesh (D) Kerala (Ans : d)
17. The gap between two sessions of Parliament should not be more than–
(A) 8 months (B) six months (c) five months (D) 2 months (Ans : b)
18. EVM (Electronic Voting Machine) was first used when ?
(A) 1998 (B) 2000 (c) 1982 (D) 1984 (Ans : a)
19. Who is the winner of Indira Gandhi Peace Award 2013 ?
(A) Angela Merkel (B) Monkombu
(c) Nelson Mandela (D) Jimmy Carter (Ans : a)
20. Name the Indian State which does not have any Scheduled Tribe community–
(A) Tripura (B) Sikkim (c) Mizoram (D) Karnataka (Ans : *)
21. When was the first Indian Institute of Management founded ?
(A) 1963 (B) 1962 (c) 1960 (D) 1961 (Ans : d)
22. Baglihar Dam, in J & K is built across river
(A) Yamuna (B) Chenab (c) Jhelum (D) Tunghabadra (Ans : b)
23. IST is ahead of GMT by–
(A) Three and half hours (B) Five and half hours
(c) One hour (D) Six hours (Ans : b)
24. "Let's go places" is the tag line for which company ?
(A) Avis (B) Videocon (c) Toyota (D) Honda (Ans : c)
25. Who is the CEO of ''Apple'' ?
(A) Narayana Murthy (B) Tim Cook
(c) Elon Musk (D) Steve Jobs (Ans : b)
26. ……….is the country which recently legalised death to terminally ill. children of any age.
(A) Turkey (B) Spain (c) Belgium (D) Brazil (Ans : c)
27. Facebook acquired WhatsApp for
(A) 20 billion (B) 27 billion (c) 19 billion (D) 18 billion (Ans : c)
28. Bharti Airtel signed a strategic pact with which Mobile Giant ?
(A) Reliance (B) Vodafone (c) Orange (D) Loop (Ans : d)
29. The Reader's Digest was sold to ……….for £1.
(A) Mike Luckwell (B) Gordon Greene
(c) Stephen Jang (D) Hiller Miller (Ans : a)
30. What is the full form of MFN ?
(A) Monetary Fund Notary (B) Most Favoured Nation
(c) Mid Firm Nexus (D) Most Favourable Nation (Ans : b)
31. Captain Haddock has……….symbol on his sweater.
(A) Hammock (B) Spade (c) Crowbar (D) Anchor (Ans : d)
32. The author of the controversial book "The Hindus: An Alternative History" is–
(A) Dan Brown (B) Peter Senge (c) Wendy Doniger (D) Michel Talbot (Ans : c)
33. The chemical symbol Cm denotes which dement?
(A) Water (B) Curium (c) Radium (D) Ether (Ans : b)
34. The French philosopher ……….developed a coordinate system of geometry.
(A) Rene Descartes (B) John Pierre
(c) Madikeri (D) Claudi Demme (Ans : a)
35. The Mahabharata was written by–
(A) Ved Vyas (B) Brahma (c) Vishnu (D) Ganesha (Ans : a)
36. Who was the first to publish the popular poem "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" ?
(A) James William Elliot (B) Edward King
(c) Samuel Arnold (D) James Orchard (Ans : c)
37. Syzygium Aromaticum is the botanical name for–
(A) Cloves (B) Cardamom (c) Pepper (D) Cumin seeds (Ans : a)
38. Which colour will result by mixing equal amount of blue and yellow colour?
(A) Green (B) Yellowish green (c) Bottle green (D) Indigo (Ans : a)
39. ……….is the bird which can fly backwards.
(A) Cuckoo (B) Eagle (c) Humming bird (D) Wood pecker (Ans : c)
40. A Software is defined as a–
(A) set of programs and operating information (B) set of instructions
(c) set of statements (D) set of tasks (Ans : a)