General Awareness Solved Question Paper
Chhattisgarh D.Ed (Pre.) Exam., 2014 (Held on 25-5-2014)
2. In which of the following year Mahatma Gandhi launched the Quit India Movement?
(A) 1920 (B) 1928 (C) 1930 (D) 1942 (Ans : D)
3. Right to Education Act 2009 is meant for which age group of children?
(A) 15-20 years (B) 5-10 years (C) 6-14 years (D) 7-12years (Ans : C)
4. The headquarter of ‘World Health Organisation’ is located at–
(A) Geneva (B) London (C) Paris (D) India (Ans : A)
5. Which of the following body prepared the model syllabus in 2005 for O. Ed / B. Ed courses?
(A) National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
(B) National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT)
(C) (A) and (B) both
(D) None of the above (Ans : C)
6. For which of the following invention Alexander Fleming is known for–
(A) X-Rays (B) Gravitation (C) Penicillin (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
7. The apex body for Distance Education is–
(A) University Grants Commission (B) Distance Education Council
(C) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
8. The revamp of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) was finalised in the year–
(A) 2010 (B) 2011 (C) 2012 (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
9. As per census of 2011 the female: male sex ratio of India is–
(A) 933 : 1000 (B) 1038 : 1000 (C) 1084 : 1000 (D) 943 : 1000 (Ans : D)
10. Which of the following city was founded by Akbar and made it his capital?
(A) Delhi (B) Agra (C) Burhanpur (D) Fatehpur Sikri (Ans : D)
11. Who of the following was the famous woman ruler of the Gupta - Vakataka period in ancient India?
(A) Kuber-naga (B) Prabhavati Gupta (C) Rajyashri (D) Kumardevi (Ans : B)
12. What is meaning of Quo-warranto?
(A) By which authority (B) Be more fully informed
(C) We command (D) Let’s have the body (Ans : A)
13. Excise duty is a tax levied on–
(A) Import of goods (B) Export of goods
(C) Production of goods (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
14. The theory of ‘Basic Structure of the constitution’ was propound by the supreme court in which case?
(A) Golaknath case (B) Menka Gandhi case
(C) Keshavanand Bharti case (D) Minerva Mills case (Ans : C)
15. The Central Banking in India is performed by–
(A) Central Bank of India (B) State Bank of India
(C) Regional Rural Banks (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
16. As per census 2011 which of the following is not amongst the largest populous State in India?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) West Bengal
(C) Andhra Pradesh (D) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : D)
17. Indian Economy is a–
(A) Mixed Economy (B) Free Economy
(C) Socialist Economy (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
18. Who among these is known as ‘Father of Green Revolution’ ?
(A) Vikram Sarabhai (B) Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
(C) Hargovind Singh Khurana (D) Vergeese Kurian (Ans : B)
19. Why the signature of President is compulsory in the bills passed by parliament?
(A) He is the Head of the Executive (B) He takes responsibility to executive the law
(C) He is symbol of sovereignty of the state (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
20. Which one of the following is an example of non-metallic mineral?
(A) Asbestos (B) Bauxite (C) Hematite (D) Chalcopyrite (Ans : A)
21. EDUSAT is–
(A) Teaching Satellite (B) Teaching Television
(C) Teaching Technology (D) Teaching Device (Ans : A)
22. Which is the main function of education in human life?
(A) All round development of personality (B) To make a man researcher
(C) To make good citizen (D) Inculcation of social feelings (Ans : A)
23. Teacher would be effective, if the teacher–
(A) Has purposeful intention (B) Is master of his subject
(C) Uses various instructional aids (D) Declares his objectives in the beginning (Ans : C)
24. On a student’s repetitive failure in examination you will–
(A) Ridicule him
(B) Advise him to sit at home and do some job
(C) Advise him to appear in exam privately
(D) Guide him in various subjects according to his needs (Ans : D)
25. Which of the followings institution is not related to the field of education?
(A) NCERT (B) UGC (C) NCTE (D) IMF (Ans : D)
26. Curriculum should be–
(A) Rigid (B) Unpsychological
(C) Flexible (D) Not promoting democratic feeling (Ans : C)
27. Presently the schools, are not able to fulfil the following–
(A) Development of moral values
(B) Development of competence for financial prosperity
(C) Preparation for examinations for various degrees
(D) Development of affection and fraternity among children (Ans : A)
28. Characteristics of Infancy is–
(A) Dependency on others (B) Rapidity in physical development
(C) Rapidity in learning process (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
29. Meaning of Education is–
(A) Knowledge (B) Dictionary (C) Grantha (D) Religion (Ans : A)
30. A successful teacher is one, who–
(A) Finishes course prior to scheduled time
(B) Motivates students for learning
(C) Shows the performance of the class as good
(D) Helps the students in preparing notes (Ans : B)
31. A knowledge of the nature of individual difference is essential for–
(A) Principal (B) Parents (C) Teacher (D) All of the above (Ans : C)
32. Which social quality of a teacher enhances his respect?
(A) Camp organization for students (B) Poetry recitation
(C) Literarcy interests (D) Community service (Ans : C)
33. Who first attempted to make primary education free and compulsory ?
(A) Dr. Radha Krishnan (B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) Dr. Laxman Swami Mudaliar (D) Mahatma Gandhi (Ans : D)
34. In order to develop a good rapport with students, the most important activity of the teacher should be–
(A) Love his students (B) Be friendly with students
(C) Pay individual attention (D) Communicate well (Ans : C)
35. What will be most appropriate in case of students conduct indecently?
(A) To make them feel guilty (B) To get very angry upon them
(C) To punish them (D) To make them full ashamed by preaching (Ans : A)
36. The main purpose of Parent Teacher Association in, any school is to–
(A) Control students
(B) Collect additional funds for remedial teaching
(C) Share understanding of the problems faced by school
(D) Involve parents for improvement of school functioning (Ans : D)
37. Teaching Aids are used–
(A) To raise the teaching upto the understanding level of students
(B) To make the teaching interesting
(C) To impress the students
(D) To develop the aptitude of students (Ans : B)
38. In students learning ability is dependent on–
(A) Family (B) Individual differences (C) Culture (D) Society (Ans : B)
39. A teacher should be involved in social activities–
(A) Seldom (B) Only when needed
(C) Very frequently (D) Never (Ans : B)
40. What should be the attitude of a teacher towards his students in the class?
(A) Discriminating (B) He should pay more attention to weak students
(C) Equal for all students (D) Pay more attention to intelligent students (Ans : C)
41. Education for equality means–
(A) Education for women (B) Education for scheduled castes
(C) Education for weaker sections (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
42. Your view towards slow learner students will be–
(A) Sympathetic (B) Hateful (C) Revengeful (D) Disinteresting (Ans : A)
43. Students like the teacher who–
(A) Dictates notes in the class (B) Reads and explain the books
(C) Give less homework (D) Follows innovative practices in the class (Ans : D)
44. Life long process is called–
(A) Motivation (B) Teaching (C) Education (D) Training (Ans : C)
45. Which of the following is most appropriate for a community school ?
(A) To lead the society (B) To be the centre of social life
(C) To remain engaged in social activities (D) To be honoured by society (Ans : B)
46. The main task of teacher is–
(A) To prepare good citizens from his students (B) To complete the prescribed syllabus
(C) To increase knowledge (D) To do politics in school (Ans : C)
47. What would be your reaction if a student interrupts the class?
(A) You will ask him to leave the class
(B) You will ask him to behave properly
(C) You will assess the reasons to do the same
(D) You will give him extra home work (Ans : C)
48. Emotional adjustment of the students is effective in–
(A) Personality formation (B) Class teaching (C) Discipline (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
49. Which education provides many benefits to adults and those who are living in remote areas?
(A) School education (B) Informal education (C) Distance education (D) All of the above (Ans : C)
50. Why is the parent teacher association considered to be important?
(A) This helps the school function properly
(B) Helps in understanding the students in a better way
(C) Helps in solving student’s problems
(D) Helps the parents and teacher coming closer (Ans : D)