Latest PD Objective GK Questions and Answers1. Who has been named ICC World Cup 2015 Ambassador?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar (B) Allan Robert Border
(C) Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards (D) Sanath Teran Jayasuriya (Ans : A)
2. Central statistics Office has revised the base year of consumer Price Index–
(A) from 2010 = 100 to 2012 = 100
(B) from 2004 – 05 = 100 to 2011-12 = 100
(C) from 2004–05 = 100 to 2012-13 = 100
(D) From 2010 = 100 to 2014 = 100 (Ans : A)
3. Which of the following is associated with the protection and development of women?
(A) CEDAW (B) PWDVA
(C) BBBP (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
4. Bombay stock exchange is going to establish a Global Stock Exchange at–
(A) Gandhinagar (Gujarat) (B) Mumbai (Maharashtra)
(C) New Delhi (D) Jaipur (Rajasthan) (Ans : A)
5. India’s first Hi-Speed Rural Broadband Network -NOFN has been commissioned in–
(A) Vaishali district Bihar (B) Vidisha district, Madhya Pradesh
(C) Idukki district, Kerala (D) Kannauj district, Uttar Pradesh (Ans : C)
6. Wholesale Price Index based inflation rate was reported (–) 2.06 per cent in February 2015.
Which of the following factors played a key role in contain demand pressure?
(A) Tight monetary policy adopted by RBI (B) Huge buffer stocks against any external shock
(C) Volatility in the value of rupee under check (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
7. Average age in India is highest in the state of during 2001-2011.
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Himachal Pradesh (D) Punjab (Ans : A)
8. Maternal mortality in India now (2014) accounts for ……….of all deaths and ……….of all female deaths in the 15 to 49 years age group.
(A) 0.55% and 4% (B) 2.54% and 6.5%
(C) 3.21% and 7.3% (D) 4.25% and 8.9 % (Ans : A)
9. India’s bilateral trade with China in 2014 remained to the tune of–
(A) $ 65 billion (B) $ 70 billion
(C) $ 80 billion (D) $ 85 billion (Ans : B)
10. Which of following factors helped moderate headline inflation during 2014?
(A) Persistent decline in crude prices (B) Softness in global prices of tradables
(C) Softness in global prices of edible oils and coal (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
11. Which of the following geographical region of India is ahead in demographic transition?
(A) Northern Region (B) Southern Region
(C) Eastern Region (D) Western Region (Ans : B)
12. Which of the following changes has not been made in the monetary policy w.e.f. January 15, 2015 ?
(A) Repo rate has been reduced from 8.00 per cent to 7.75 per cent
(B) Reverse Repo rate has been reduced from 7.00 per cent to 6.75 per cent
(C) Bank Rate has been reduced from 9.00 per cent to 8.75 per cent
(D) Cash Reserve Ratio has been increased from 4.00 per cent to 4.25 per cent (Ans : D)
13. RBI’s deadline to exchange pre-2005 currency notes is–
(A) January 1, 2015 (B) April 1, 2015
(C) March 31, 2015 (D) June 30, 2015 (Ans : D)
14. What is ‘Pink Sheet’ ?
(A) IMF’s Data sheet on current account deficits (B) RBI’s Monetary Policy norms
(C) World Bank Commodities Price Data (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
15. Which of the following statement is wrong about AYUSH ?
(A) Ayush represents Indian System of Medicine
(B) It includes Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturapathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
(C) Department of Ayush has been elevated to full-fledged ministry from 9 November, 2014
(D) Ayush is a part of National Health Mission (Ans : D)
16. The cricketer, who scored fastest century-in just 31 balls-in one day international test match is–
(A) South African batsman AB de Villiers (B) Pakistani batsman Shahid Afridi
(C) West Indian batsman Corey Anderson (D) Indian Batsman Yuva Raj Singh (Ans : A)
17. Consider the following statements, based on a Mckinsey report, and choose the correct code given below–
1. India’s 29 states, eight high performing ones in terms of GDP per capita will account for over half the GDP growth in the coming decade.
II. 49 metropolitan clusters in 183 districts, most of them in the west and the south, will account for 77 per cent of India’s GDP growth.
(A) Only I is correct (B) Only II is correct
(C) I and II are correct (D) Neither I nor II is correct (Ans : C)
18. S. Mahendra Dev Committee has observed that the terms of trade between agriculture and non-agriculture during 2004-05 and 2013-14–
(A) Has been favourable for agriculture (B) Has been unfavourable for agriculture
(C) Has not changed (D) Has been inconclusive in nature (Ans : A)
19. Project ‘Maryadaa’ is associated’ with–
(A) Education of girls (B) Making the village open defecation free
(C) Making all the women of the village educated and self-reliant (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
20. Who has been named the brand ambassador of the campaign ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao: programme launched in January 2015 ?
(A) Rekha (B) Madhuri Dixit
(C) Hema Malini (D) Kareena Kapoor (Ans : B)
21. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Parhao’ programme on January 22, 2015 from–
(A) Panipat, Haryana (B) Cwalior, Madhya Pradesh
(C) Bikaner, Rajasthan (D) Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh (Ans : A)
22. Which of the following factor / factors has/have created demand pressure on protein items and eggs, meat and fish ?
I. Substantial increases in minimum support prices of food grains.
II. Launch of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
III. High growth rates in rural income / wages.
The correct code is–
(A) Only III is correct (B) I and II are correct
(C) II and III are correct (D) I, II and III are correct (Ans : D)
23. Mawlynnong Village in Meghalaya is in the news recently. The reason being–
(A) It has been awarded the Asia’s Cleanest village award in 2014-15
(B) All the houses in the village have sanitary toilet
(C) All the houses in the Village use clean energy for cooking
(D) The village is situated on Indo-Bangladesh border (Ans : A)
24. What is so uncommon about ‘Mann Ki Baat’ ?
(A) Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi and the US President Mr. Barack Obama shared their thoughts together on fourth episode of ‘Mann ki Baat’ on All India
(B) The first Mann Ki Baat programme was broadcast on the occasion of Vijayadashami on October 3, 2014
(C) The second Mann Ki Baat programme was broadcast on November 2, 2014
(D) The third Mann Ki Baat programme was broadcast on December 14, 2014 (Ans : A)
25. Which of the following districts have been shortlisted for the United Nations global award for public service?
(A) Gaya, Bihar (B) Chittur, Andhra Pradesh
(C) Nadia, West Bengal (D) Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu (Ans : C)
26. The revamped National Food Security Mission is being implemented from 2014-15 in–
(A) 619 districts of 28 states (B) 640 districts of 29 states
(C) 540 districts of 22 states (D) 200 districts of 11 states (Ans : A)
27. Which of the following statement is wrong?
(A) Certificate of Deposit is issued by Scheduled Commercial Banks
(B) Commercial paper is issued by Companies
(C) Recurring Deposite Schemes are operationalise only in Post Offices
(D) KDR is a time Deposits scheme of Canara Bank (Ans : C)
28. Recently a high level committee under the chairmanship of……….has suggested to downsize the coverage of population under National Food Security Act from current 67 per cent to 40 per cent.
(A) Shanta Kumar (B) Ashok Lahiri
(C) Deepak Parikh (D) Ashok Gulati (Ans : A)
29. US President Barack Obarna specifically mentioned three Indians in his address at Delhi’s SIRI Fort Audotorium on January 27, 2015. Who amongst the following is not in them ?
(A) Film Star Shah Rukh Khan (B) Athlete Milkha Singh
(C) Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi (D) Space scientist Kasturi Rangan (Ans : D)
30. Certain initiatives were announced in budget 2014-15 for the sustainability and adoptability of Indian agriculture.
I. The Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.
III. The national adaptation fund for climate change.
IV. Soil health card to every former.
The correct code is –
(A) Only I and II are correct (B) Only II and III are correct
(C) I, II and III are correct (D) I, II, III and IV are correct (Ans : D)
31. What is MUDRA?
(A) A form of Money (B) A port on West Coast
(C) Micro Units Development Refinance Agency (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
32. Recently R. K. Laxaman died on January 26, 2015. He was a leading of India.
(A) Play Back Singer (B) Cartoonist
(C) Space Scientist (D) Kathakali dancer (Ans : B)
33. Base year for the estimation of national income has been changed from–
(A) 1999-2000 to 2009-10 (B) 2004-05 to 2009-10
(C) 2004-05 to 2011-12 (D) 2004-05 to 2012-13 (Ans : C)
34. Economic cost of food grains to the food corporation consists of–
I. Minimum support price including bonus.
II. Procurement incidentals.
III. Cost of distribution.
The correct code is–
(A) Only I is correct (B) I and II are correct
(C) I, II and III are correct (D) II and III are correct (Ans : C)
35. Which of the following companies tied themselves with CII to set up smart cities?
(A) Hitachi India and Siemens (B) L&T and Reliance Industries
(C) Tata sons and BHEL (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
36. As per the latest estimates of national income which of the following statements is wrong?
(A) GDP at factor cost has now been done away with
(B) GDP at market prices will be the basis for ascertaining national income
(C) The Indian economy recorded 6. 9 per cent growth in 2013-14
(D) Henceforth Gross Value Added (GVA) will replace GDP at factor cost
(Ans : D)
37. Which one is the top most banking brand of the world ?
(A) HSBC (UK) (B) China Construction Bank (China)
(C) Wells Forgo (US) (D) HCBC (China) (Ans : C)
38. India has emerged as a significant agre-exporter in a few crops/ products. Which of the following group of crops I products is not in this list?
(A) Cotton and Rice (B) Meat and oil meals
(C) Wheat and Eggs (D) Pepper and Sugar (Ans : C)
39. Using India’s new GDP series, the IMF expects growth to pick up ……….per cent in 2014-15.
(A) 6.5% (B) 7.2%
(C) 7.5% (D) 7.9% (Ans : B)
40. Which of the following is India’s top most banking brand?
(A) ICICI Bank (B) HDFC Bank
(C) SBI (D) Bank of Baroda (Ans : C)