1. What is the beverage which is made by tribal people with mixed rice Gundi called?
(A) Fenny (B) Ranu (C) Turri (D) None of these (Ans : B)
2. Cultivation in the tribal area is mainly–
(A) Canal irrigated (B) Dry land cultivation (C) Irrigation by flood water (D) None of these (Ans : B)
3. Where did the 1857 revolt take place in the direction of soldier Jai Mangal Pandey?
(A) Doranda (B) Ranchi (C) Hazaribagh (D) Sahaibganj (Ans : A)
4. In 1998 parliamentary elections Sri Marandi defeated his rival Sri Thomas Hansdo with 9 votes. This is the record of a minimum interval. It was from which of the following parliamentary constituencies?
(A) Ranchi (B) Godda (C) Raj Mahal (D) Hazaribagh (Ans : C)
5. Which is the main tribe which resides at Raj Mahal hills in Jharkhand ?
(A) Asur (B) Bhumij (C) Soria Paharia (D) Pahari-Kharia (Ans : C)
6. For the tenth five year plan of Jharkhand state, how much money has been allotted by the Planning Commission?
(A) Rs. 24850 crore (B) Rs. 14632 crore (C) Rs. 20480 crore (D) Rs. 15000 crore (Ans : B)
7. Who was awarded the Birsa Munda Best M.L.A. prize in 2002 ?
(A) Hemlal Murmu (B) Stephen Marandi (C) Inder Singh Namdhari (D) Sushila Hansda (Ans : A)
8. From the point of view of population Jharkhand ranks?
(A) 9th (B) 10th (C) 12th (D) 13th (Ans : D)
9. Maximum literacy (2001) at Jharkhand is in–
(A) East Singhbhum (B) Dhanbad (C) Hazaribagh (D) Ranchi (Ans : A)
10. Which of the following districts has the highest sex ratio (2001) in Jharkhand ?
(A) Giridih (B) Gumla (C) Lohardagga (D) Koderma (Ans : D)
11. According to 2001 census of India (Final data) the total population of Jharkhand is–
(A) 26,945,829 (B) 43,724,250 (C) 47,961,880 (D) 29,403,602 (Ans : A)
12. The minimum population district in Jharkhand is–
(A) Sahaibganj (B) Pakuda (C) Chatra (D) Lohardagga (Ans : D)
13. Subsequent to eighteen districts of Jharkhand, four new districts have been created. They are–
(A) Raj Mahal, Latedar, Ghatshila, Chakradharpur (B) Dhalbhum, Ramgarh, Khuti, Nagar Utari
(C) Madhupur, Simdega, Barhi, Saraikela (D) Latehar, Simdega, Jamtara, Saraikela (Ans : D)
14. Dhanbad is under the railway region of–
(A) North-Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur (B) Eastern Railway, Kolkata
(C) East-Central Railway, Hazipur (D) North-Central Railway, Allahabad (Ans : C)
15. As per census of 2001 what is the percentage of cultivators in Jharkhand ?
(A) 38.5 (B) 40.5 (C) 42.5 (D) 30.5 (Ans : A)
16. The work of hawker in tribal village is–
(A) To graze the animal (B) Bonded labourer (C) To give publicity to the information (D) None of these (Ans : C)
17. The Known melody of the folk song at Chhota Nagpur area of Jharkhand is–
(A) Domkotch, Jhumar, Dandhara (B) Jhumor, Vivaha-Augnai (C) (A) and (B) both (D) None of these (Ans : C)
18. In 1857 movement, which Kabelai powerfully revolted against the Britishers in Palamu ?
(A) Bhokta (B) Chaire (C) Khod (D) None of these. (Ans : A)
19. Which of the following soils is found in maximum amount in Raj Mahal hills?
(A) Laterite soil (B) Alluvial soil (C) Red soil (D) Black soil (Ans : D)
20. Which of the following is an important waterfall at Raj Mahal hills?
(A) Raj-Rappa waterfall (B) Motijhara waterfall (C) Kolkata waterfall (D) Hirni waterfall (Ans : B)
21. Where is the science city being established in Jharkhand ?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Ranchi (C) Bokaro (D) Hazaribagh (Ans : B)
22. What is the new name of Bihar Institute of Technology situated at Sindri ?
(A) Birsa Institute of Technology (B) Bharat Institute of Technology
(C) Birla Institute of Technology (D) None of these (Ans : A)
23. The High Court of Ranchi in the country is–
(A) 18th (B) 19th (C) 20th (D) 21st (Ans : D)
24. Minimum literacy (2001) in Jharkhand is found in–
(A) Sahaibganj (B) Pakuda (C) Godda (D) Gumla (Ans : B)
25. What is the area of Jharkhand ?
(A) 79714 km2 (B) 69431 km2 (C) 90431 km2 (D) 64321 km2 (Ans : A)
26. According to 2001 census of India (Final data) the rural population of Jharkhand is–
(A) 59,86,697 (B) 10,262,301 (C) 20,952,808 (D) 10,660,430 (Ans : C)
27. According to 2001 census of India (Final data) the percentage of literacy in Jharkhand is–
(A) 67.94 (B) 39.38 (C) 40.28 (D) 53.60 (Ans : D)
28. At which bank of the following rivers is Jamshedpur situated ?
(A) At the bank of river Damodar (B) At the bank of river Panchane
(C) At the confluence of Swarn Rekha and Kharkoi (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
29. How many towns are there at present in Jharkhand ?
(A) 140 (B) 150 (C) 152 (D) 160 (Ans : C)
30. As per census of 2001 what is the percentage of persons engaged in other services?
(A) 29 (B) 32 (C) 36 (D) 40 (Ans : A)