Practicing All Computer Basics GK Questions with Answers in online helps you to improve your ability to attend the real time CWE IBPS Tests.
1. Programs from the same developer , sold bundled together , that provide better integration and share common features , toolbars and menus are known as–
(A) software suites (B) integrated software packages
(C) software processing packages (D) personal information managers (Ans : A)
2. A data warehouse is which of the following ?
(A) Can be updated by the end users (B) Contains numerous naming conventions and formats
(C) Organized around important subject areas (D) Contains only current data (Ans : C)
3. ____________ servers store and manages files for network users.
(A) Authentication (B) Main (C) Web (D) File (Ans : D)
4. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks Except–
(A) hackers (B) spam (C) viruses (D) identify theft (Ans : B)
5. ____________ terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
(A) Data (B) Sales (C) Query (D) (Point-of-sale (POS) (Ans : B)
6. The OSI model is divided into ____________ processes called layers.
(A) five (B) six (C) seven (D) eight (Ans : C)
7. System software is the set of programs that enables your computer's hardware devices and ____________ software to work together.
(A) management (B) processing (C) utility (D) application (Ans : D)
8. ____________ are specially designed computer chips reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
(A) Servers (B) Embedded computers (C) Robotic computers (D) Mainframes (Ans : B)
9. The following are all computing devices , except–
(A) notebook computers (B) cellular telephones
(C) digital scanners (D) personal digital assistants (Ans : C)
10. in a ring topology , the the computer in possession of the ____________ can trasmit data
(A) packet (B) data (C) access method (D) token (Ans : D)
11. This part of operating system manages the essential peripherals, such as the keyboard, screen , disk drives, and parallel and serial ports–
(A) basic input/output system (B) secondary input/output system
(C) peripheral input/output system (D) marginal input/output system (Ans : A)
12. ____________ Viruses are often transmitted by a floppy disk left in the floppy drive.
(A) Trojan horse (B) Boot sector (C) Script (D) Logic bomb (Ans : B)
13. ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a meAns : by which users can interact with the computer.
(A) The platform (B) Application software
(C) Operating system (D) The motherboard (Ans : C)
14. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a–
(A) mainframe (B) network (C) supercomputer (D) client (Ans : B)
15. A goal of data mining includes which of the following?
(A) To explain some observed event or condition (B) To confirm that data exists
(C) To analyze data for expected relationships (D) To create a new data warehouse (Ans : A)
16. URL stands for–
(A) Universal Research List (B) Universal Resource List
(C) Uniform Resource Locator (D) Uniform Research Locator (Ans : C)
17. A Proxy server is used for which of the following?
(A) To provide security against unauthorized users
(B) To process client requests for web pages
(C) To process client requests for database access
(D) To provide TCP/IP (Ans : B)
18. When data changes in multiple lists and all lists are not updated, this causes–
(A) data redundancy (B) information overload
(C) duplicate data (D) data inconsistency (Ans : D)
19. ____________ are words that a programming language has set aside for its own use.
(A) Control worlds (B) Reserved words (C) Control structures (D) Reserved keys (Ans : B)
20. ____________ are lists of commands that appear on the screen.
(A) GUIs (B) Icons (C) Menus (D) Windows (Ans : C)
21. ____________ describe what is database fields.
(A) Structures (B) Field markers (C) Field definition (D) Field names (Ans : D)
22. You must install a (n) ____________ on a network if you want to share a broadband Internet connection.
(A) router (B) modem (C) node (D) cable (Ans : A)
23. A goal of normalization is to–
(A) minimize the number of relationships (B) minimize the number of entities
(C) minimize the number of tables (D) minimize the number of redundancy (Ans : D)
24. Granting an outside organization access to internet web pages is often implemented using a (n)–
(A) extranet (B) intranet (C) internet (D) hacker (Ans : A)
25. Which term identifies a specific computer on the web and the main page of the entire site
(A) URL (B) Web site address (C) Hyperlink (D) Domain name (Ans : A)
26. The code that relational database management systems use to perform their database task is referred to as–
(A) QBE (B) SQL (C) OLAP (D) Sequel Server (Ans : B)
27. Chip is a common nickname for a(n)–
(A) transistor (B) resistor (C) integrated circuit (D) semiconductor (Ans : C)
28. The purpose of the primary key in a database is to–
(A) unlock the database (B) provide a map of the data
(C) uniquely identify a record (D) establish constraints on database operations. (Ans : B)
29. The internet is–
(A) a large network of networks (B) an internal communication system for a business
(C) a communication system for the Indian government (D) All of these (Ans : D)
30. The design of the network is called the network–
(A) architecture (B) server (C) transmission (D) type (Ans : A)
31. The most frequently used instructions of a computer program are likely to be fetched from–
(A) the hard disk (B) cache memory (C) RAM (D) registers (Ans : B)
32. The ____________ contains data descriptions and defines the name, data type, and length of each field in the database.
(A) data dictionary (B) data table (C) data record (D) data field (Ans : A)
33. Personal logs or journal entries posted on the Web are known as–
(A) listservs (B) Webcasts (C) blogs (D) subject directories (Ans : C)
34. A(n) ____________ uses pictures (called icons) and menus displayed on the screen to send commands to the computer system.
(A) command - based user interface (B) GUI (C) system utility (D) API (Ans : B)
35. Verification of a login name and password is known as–
(A) configuration (B) accessibility (C) authentication (D) logging in (Ans : C)
36. Which of the following is NOT a type of broadband Internet connection?
(A) Cable (B) DSL (C) Dial-up (D) Satellite (Ans : C)
37. Software, such as viruses, worms and Trojan horses, that has a malicious intent, is known as–
(A) spyware (B) adware (C) spam (D) malware (Ans : D)
38. Making a field ____________ meAns : that it cannot be left blank.
(A) numeric (B) required (C) calculated (D) validated (Ans : B)
39. ____________ are viruses that are triggered by the passage of time or on a certain date.
(A) Boot-sector viruses (B) Macro viruses (C) Time bombs (D) Worms (Ans : C)
40. Linux is a (n) ____________ operating system.
(A) open-source (B) Microsoft (C) Windows (D) Mac (Ans : A)