Railway Recruitment Cell (Delhi) Group 'D' (Second Shift) Exam., 2014
(Held on 2-11-2014)
(A) Finance (B) Corporate Affairs (C) Defence (D) Law and Justice (Ans : D)
2. The state which has the largest number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha is–
(A) Bihar (B) Gujarat (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : D)
3. Which of the following was the theme for World Environment Day observed on June 5 ?
(A) Rise Your Voice, Not sea Level (B) Small Islands and Climate Change (C) Think, Eat, Save (D) Green Economy, Does It Include You (Ans : B)
4. Why was Vijay Seshadri in news recently?
(A) He won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category (B) He was appointed as Indian envoy to ASEAN
(C) He was the Goldman Environment Prize (D) He won the World Snooker Men’s Title (Ans : A)
5. The deficiency of Irons result in–
(A) Anaemia (B) Night blindness (C) Scurvy (D) Rickets (Ans : A)
6. In the human body, from which structure is appendix attached to ?
(A) Large intestine (B) Liver (C) gall bladder (D) Stomach (Ans : A)
7. Which is not a feature of National Judicial Appointment Commission composition?
(A) Chief Justice of India (Chairperson) (B) Two most senior Supreme Court Judges
(C) The Union Minister of Law and Justice (D) Four eminent persons nominated by a Committee (Ans : D)
8. Marks on the surface to be painted is filled by–
(A) Putty (B) Cement (C) Chalk and oil (D) White Lead (Ans : A)
9. Which is called the ‘Magna carta’ of Western Education System in India?
(A) The report of the Committee of Public Instruction, 1823 (B) The Charter Act of 1833
(C) Report of the Hunter Commission, 1862 (D) Despatch of Sir Charles Wood, Secretary of State, 1854 (Ans : D)
10. Excise duty is a tax levied on–
(A) Import of goods (B) Export of goods (C) Production of goods (D) Sale of goods (Ans : C)
11. As per the The Lokpal Bill how many members will select members of Lokpal ?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 4 (Ans : A)
12. ‘Garuda V’ was a bilateral air exercise conducted at in Rajas-than by India and.
(A) Russia (B) Singapore (C) France (D) United Kingdom (Ans : C)
13. Galvanized iron has thin coating of–
(A) Copper (B) Tin (C) Zinc (D) Aluminium (Ans : C)
14. The longest running train in India runs between (Vivek Express)–
(A) Sri nagar to Kanyakumari (B) Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari (C) Trivendrum to Gorakhpur (D) Jaisalmer to Dibrugarh (Ans : B)
15. Which one is a Short Range Missile?
(A) Prithvi-I (B) Agni-III (C) Agni-IV (D) Surya (Ans : A)
16. Noted Hindi novelist who wrote ‘Tamas’is–
(A) Shivani (B) Shobha De (C) Munshi Premchand (D) Bhishma Sahni (Ans : D)
17. Thin foils of which of the following metals are used in decorating sweets?
(A) Steel (B) Aluminium (C) Chromium (D) Silver (Ans : D)
18. What is the most abundant element in the universe?
(A) Hydrogen (B) Helium (C) Oxygen (D) Carbon (Ans : A)
19. Which one of the following is used to induce artificial rain?
(A) Ammonium Chloride (B) Calcium Carbonate (C) Silver Iodide (D) Potassium Nitrate (Ans : C)
20. What is retrospective tax?
(A) Old proceedings are being taxed as per the new rules (B) A tax to be paid without the rule
(C) Tax on transportation of goods (D) Tax paid on old items (Ans : A)
21. ‘Kuchipudi’ dance form originated in–
(A) Odisha (B) Karnataka (C) Kerala (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : D)
22. Amongst the following Indian States which one has the mini-mum total forest cover?
(A) Sikkim (B) Goa (C) Haryana (D) Kerala (Ans : C)
23. ‘Lake Sambhar’ is nearest to which one of the following cities of Rajasthan ?
(A) Jaisalmer (B) Jaipur (C) Jodhpur (D) Udaipur (Ans : B)
24. The seacoast of which one of the following states has become famous as a nesting place for the Giant Olive Ridley Turtles from South America?
(A) Goa (B) Gujarat (C) Odisha (D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : C)
25. Which one of the following is also known as ‘Top Slip’?
(A) Simlipal National Park (B) Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
(C) Manjira Wildlife Sanctuary (D) Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park (Ans : D)
26. Which Mughal ruler earned the title ‘Insan-i-kamil’ (Perfect Man) for his peaceful personality and patience?
(A) Shah Jahan (B) Humayun (C) Jahangir (D) Akbar (Ans : B)
27. Black Hole is–
(A) A dark hollow cavity (B) A massive collapsing star (C) The other side on the moon (D) The other side of Sun (Ans : B)
28. Which bank note is not issued by RBI?
(A) 1000 (B) 500 (C) 100 (D) 1 (Ans : D)
29. Which country is the largest arms suppliers to India?
(A) United States (B) Russia (C) France (D) Israel (Ans : A)
30. Name the Winner of the Women’s Single Final of 2014 Wimbledon–
(A) Maria Sharapova (B) Petra Kvitova (C) Eugenie Bouchard (D) Venus Williams (Ans : B)
31. Who won the FIFA World Cup 2014 ?
(A) Argentina (B) Brazil (C) Germany (D) Netherlands (Ans : C)
32. Who won the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar given by the President of India?
(A) Indian Railways (B) Air India (C) Guru Hanuman Akhara (D) Sports Authority of India (Ans : C)
33. Mention the place where Buddha attained Enlightenment–
(A) Sarnath (B) Bodhgaya (C) Kapilvastu (D) Rajgriha (Ans : B)
34. Which of the following was not included in the Eight Fold Path prescribed by Buddha ?
(A) Right belief (B) Right speech (C) Right meditation (D) Right knowledge (Ans : D)
35. Why has Whistleblower Act been passed by the Parliament?
(A) To protect policemen on duty (B) To allow people to whistle freely
(C) To stop boys from teasing women (D) To help people expose corruption without fear (Ans : D)
36. Amitabh Bachchan suffered a near fatal intestinal injury during the shooting of which film?
(A) Agneepath (B) Zanjeer (C) Coolie (D) Sholay (Ans : C)
37. ‘Pyorrhoea’ is a disease of the–
(A) Gums (B) Heart (C) Lungs (D) Nose (Ans : A)
38. The main constituent of LPG is–
(A) Methane (B) Propane (C) Ethane (D) Butane (Ans : B)
39. Monsoon is also known as–
(A) Impact of summer temperatures on the seas (B) Movement of clouds (C) Seasonal reversal of winds (D) Rise in temperature (Ans : C)
40. Epigraphy is the study of–
(A) Rocks (B) Inscriptions (C) Monuments (D) Coins (Ans : B)
41. Which ambassador of James I King of England visited the Court of Jahangir ?
(A) William Hawkins (B) Sir Thomas Roe (C) Francisco Pelsaert (D) Peter Mundy (Ans : B)
42. The Judiciary in India is–
(A) Under the Prime Minister (B) Under the President (C) Under the Parliament (D) Independent (Ans : D)
43. What is Jantar Mantar ?
(A) An Astronomical Observatory (B) A Museum (C) A Fort (D) A Mughal Garden (Ans : A)
44. Which of the following States has the lowest literacy rate in India?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Jharkhand (C) Chhattisgarh (D) Bihar (Ans : D)
45. Deletion of words, phrases of expression for the proceedings or records of the Parliamentary proceedings is called–
(A) Expunction (B) Resolution (C) Expunge (D) Abolition (Ans : A)
46. To which country famous Foot-bailer Ronaldo belongs to ?
(A) Argentina (B) Italy (C) Brazil (D) Uruguay (Ans : C)
47. Which is the Capital of Chile?
(A) Santiago (B) Quito (C) Montevideo (D) Georgetown (Ans : A)
48. What is name of the mother of Shri Narendra Modi Prime Minister of India?
(A) Hinaben (B) Heeraben (C) Kamalaben (D) Laxmiben (Ans : B)
49. IRCTC stands for–
(A) Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (B) Indian Railway Catering and Touring Corporation
(C) Indian Railway Corporation for Tourism and Catering (D) Indian Railway Corporation for Catering and Tourism (Ans : A)
50. Two persons are nominated by the President of India to be members of Lok Sabha to represent the–
(A) Paris (B) Anglo-Indians (C) Buddhists (D) Indian Christians (Ans : B)
51. How many Permanent Members are there in the Security Council?
(A) Three (B) Five (C) Six (D) Four (Ans : B)
52. VAT scheme is aimed at–
(A) Raise the prices of foreign goods (B) Raise the prices of luxury goods(C) Lower the prices of goods of everyday use
(D) Avoid repeated payment of duty from the raw material stage to the final product and thus reduce the burden of duty (Ans : D)
53. In a computer typing to reverse the effect of your error immediately–
(A) Use the cut command (B) Use the Undo command (C) Press the delete key (D) Use the Redo Command (Ans : B)
54. The concept of ‘Micro Credit’ essentially concentrates on–
(A) Providing small loans to cottage industry (B) Providing safe place to hold savings
(C) Accepting small deposits (D) Provision of credit to the poor (Ans : D)
55. Which of these slogans is associated with Gandhiji ?
(A) Freedom is my Birthright (B) Inquilab Zindabad (C) Do or die (D) Delhi chalo (Ans : C)
56. General Saunders, an English-man was killed by Bhagat Singh and others to average the death of?
(A) Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre (B) Death of Lala Lajpat Rai (C) Hanging of Ram Prasad Bismil (D) Encounter of Chandra Shekhar Azad (Ans : B)
57. Which company was granted Navratna status in July 2014 ?
(A) National Buildings Construction Corporation (B) Container Corporation of India
(C) Airports Authority of India (D) Bharat Dynamics Limited (Ans : B)
58. In India the power of ‘Judicial Review’ is enjoyed by the–
(A) High Court only (B) Supreme Court only (C) Supreme Court and High Court only (D) Parliament (Ans : C)
59. Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-17 which was suspected to have been shot down over Ukraine was travelling from–
(A) Oslo to Kuala Lumpur (B) Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur (C) Amsterdam to Singapore (D) Stockholm to Jakarta (Ans : B)
60. ‘Gidda’ is popular folk dance from which state of India?
(A) Punjab (B) Haryana (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Uttarakhand (Ans : A)
61. Personal computers can be connected together to form a.
(A) Server (B) Network (C) Supercomputer (D) Enterprise (Ans : B)
62. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminals computer is an example of a law enforcement speciality called–
(A) Simulation (B) Animation (C) Robotics (D) Computer forensics (Ans : D)
63. What is e-commerce ?
(A) Buying and selling computer products. (B) Buying and selling products and services not found in stores.
(C) Buying and selling inter-national goods. (D) Buying and selling products and services over the Internet. (Ans : D)
64. Which two companies of the World settled the long-running patent war over Smartphone on 16 May, 2014?
(A) Apple and Samsung (B) Apple and Google (C) Google and Samsung (D) Samsung and Sony Ericsson (Ans : B)
65. Name the place where the Uttarakhand’s Legislative Assembly was held outside the capital Dehradun for the first time–
(A) Gairsain (B) Tehri (C) Sri nagar (D) Almora (Ans : A)
66. Name the State that recently approved pension scheme for farmers?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Maharashtra (C) Gujarat (D) Uttarakhand (Ans : D)
67. Who is the Chairman of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) ?
(A) President of India (B) Home Minister of India (C) Environment Minister of India (D) Prime Minister of India (Ans : D)
68. Name the Airlines from India that joined Star Alliance on 23 June, 2014 ?
(A) Air India (B) Air Asia India (C) Go Air (D) IndiGo (Ans : A)
69. ‘Dharmachakra’ (Wheel) on National Flag has–
(A) 12 Spokes (B) 16 spokes (C) 18 spokes (D) 24 spokes (Ans : D)
70. Where is St. Peter’s Basilica located?
(A) Vatican City (B) London (C) Rome (D) Moscow (Ans : A)
71. Who has written the famous book ‘Meghdut’ ?
(A) Banabhat (B) Tagore (C) Kalidas (D) Pandit Vishnu Sharma (Ans : C)
72. Who is the author of the famous book ‘One Life is Not Enough’ ?
(A) Sanjaya Baru (B) Tavleen Singh (C) Vinod Rai (D) K Natwar Singh (Ans : D)
73. To which dynasty did Ashoka belong?
(A) Vardhana (B) Maurya (C) Kushan (D) Gupta (Ans : B)
74. The Temples of Khajuraho were built by–
(A) Chandelas (B) Pallavas (C) Chalukayas (D) Cholas (Ans : A)