1. Formerly called "Admiral Gorshkov", it is a modified Kiev class aircraft carrier. It is projected to replace INS Viraat–
Which Ship is being referred to in the above passage?
(A) INS Talwar (B) INS Arihant
(C) INS Chakra (D) INS Vikramaditya
2. The British Indian Association was formed out of an amalgamation of–
(A) Landholders' Society and Zamindari Association
(B) British India Society and Landholders' Society
(C) Landholders' Society and Bengal British India Society
(D) Landholders' Society and Indian Association
3. At which one of the following Mesolithic sites thatched wind screens were constructed?
(A) Adamgarh (B) Langhanaj
(C) Birbhanpur (D) Bagor
4. The soil formed by wind dust in and around hot deserts is called–
(A) silty soil (B) loamy soil
(C) sandy soil (D) loess soil
5. 'Freon' used as refrigerants is chemically known as–
(A) fluorinated aromatic compound (B) fluorinated hydrocarbon
(C) chlorinated hydrocarbon (D) chlorofluoro hydrocarbon
6. Neutral refractory material used in furnace is–
(A) Graphite (B) SiO2
(C) CaO (D) MgO
7. Which one of the following properties change with valency?
(A) Atomic weight (B) Molecular weight
(C) Density (D) Equivalent weight
8. The Constitution of India has provided for–
(A) single citizenship (B) multiple citizenship
(C) double citizenship (D) None of these
9. Which one of the following statements is incorrect?
(A) Goa attained full statehood in 1987
(B) Diu is an island in the Gulf of Khambat
(C) Daman and Diu were seperated from Goa by the 56th Amendment of the Constitution of India
(D) Dadra and Nagar Haveli were under French colonial rule till 1954
10. Which was the capital of Andhra State when it was made a seperate state in the year 1953?
(A) Guntur (B) Kurnool
(C) Nellore (D) Warangal
11. The 1956, Industrial Policy objective did not include–
(A) accelerating rate of growth and industrialization
(B) developing machine making industries
(C) expanding the public sector
(D) making the country self-reliant in the production of defence goods
12. The objectives of Industrial Development and Regulation Act, 1951 are below. Find the true statement–
(A) allowing free play of laissez faire policy (B) balance regional development
(C) encouragement to large scale industries (D) concentration of economic power in the hands of the rich industrialists
13. Which one of the following is not known for automobile industry?
(A) Dernu (B) Deteroit
(C) Edinbourg (D) Stutgart
14. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(A) Adjournment means an interruption in normal business of the Assembly
(B) Prorogation means the end of Assembly
(C) Dissolution means the end of the Assembly
(D) Prorogation means end of a Session of the Assembly
15. Which is one of the most extensively excavated Chalcolithic age rural sites in the continent?
(A) Daimabad (B) Navdatoli
(C) Kayatha (D) Nindowari
16. Three most common features of all Indus Valley sites were–
(A) climate, flora-fauna and artifical irrigation
(B) desert, rivers and zoological features
(C) use of baked bricks and pottery, elaborate drainage system and occurrence of marsh or jungle animals
(D) buildings, town planning and burial system
17. Cryogenic Engine is used in–
(A) boeing aircraft (B) high speed rail engines
(C) space shuttle (D) nuclear testing
18. A piece of woven cotton has been recovered from which one of the following Harappan sites?
(A) Harappa (B) Lothal
(C) Banawali (D) Mohenjodaro
19. The Harappan towns and cities were divided into large-blocks–
(A) square (B) rectangular
(C) circular (D) semicircular
20. What are G. arboreum, G. herbaceum, G. hirsutum and G. barbadense, whose all the four species are cultivated in India (G = Gossypium)–
(A) Species of wool (B) Species of cotton
(C) Species of silk (D) Species of jute
21. Agar-agar from the cell wall of red alga, Gracilaria sp is composed of–
(A) galactose (B) mannose
(C) fructose (D) sucrose
22. Which of the following hormones given below regulate the calcium level in our blood?
(A) Enterokinin (B) Parathormone
(C) Secretin (D) Thyroxine
23. The tusks of the elephants are modified–
(A) molars (B) premolars
(C) canines (D) incisors
24. The Secretary General of the Lok Sabha, who is the Chief of the Lok Sabha Secretariat, is appointed by–
(A) the President (B) the Speaker
(C) the Minister of Parliamentary affairs in consultations with the Speaker (D) a committee of the house, especially constituted for this purpose