1. Which one of the following sets contains polysaccharides?
(A) Glucose, Fructose, Starch (B) Cellulose, Glycogen, Insuline
(C) Cellulose, Maltose, Chitin (D) Lactose, Glycogen, Insuline
2. In the Indian Constitution, the Right to Equality is granted by five articles. They are–
(A) Article 16 to 20 (B) Article 15 to 19
(C) Article 14 to 18 (D) Article 13 to 17
3. Representatives of Union Territories in Lok Sabha are chosen by–
(A) direct election (B) indirect election
(C) nomination (D) All of these
4. Which of the following States sends the maximum number of members to the Rajya Sabha?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Bihar
(C) Paschim Banga (D) All are equal
5. The Planning Commission of India is–
(A) A Constitutional body (B) A statutory body
(C) A non statutory body (D) An independent and autonomous body
6. The Eleventh Plan's objective is–
(A) removal of poverty (B) inclusive growth
(C) growth with social Justice (D) development of minors
7. What does the imaginary line passing through Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Superior represent?
(A) The Southern boundary of Canada (B) The Northern limit of iron and steel industry of USA
(C) The internal waterway route to USA (D) The internal waterway route to Canada
8. In which one of the following regions are the Andes mountains located?
(A) East Europe (B) West Europe
(C) South Africa (D) South America
9. Which of the following musical instruments was not composite or Indo-Islamic In origin?
(A) Sitar (B) Tabla
(C) Sarangi (D) Shehnai
10. Which of the following started the practice of illustrating manuscripts on palm-leaves with miniature paintings?
(A) Buddhists (B) Jains
(C) Syrian Christians (D) Zoroastrians
11 Where is the National Academy of Agricultural Research Management located?
(A) Dehradun (B) Hyderabad
(C) New Delhi (D) Itanagar
12. In Indian astronomy, which Muslim tradition of instrument technology survived in India until the middle of the 18th century, and was even adopted by Raja Sawai Jai Singh II of Jaipur in the construction of his observatories?
(A) Astrolabe (B) Telescope
(C) Sun Clock (D) The time-stick
13. The aim of education as stated by the Wood's dispatch of 1854 was–
(A) the creation of employment opportunities for native Indians
(B) the spread of Western culture in India
(C) the promotion of literacy among the people using English medium as language
(D) the introduction of scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education
14. The Palk Bay lies between–
(A) Gulf of Kachch and Gulf of Khambhat (B) Gulf of Mannar and Bay of Bengal
(C) Lakshadweep and Maldives Islands (D) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
15. Which of the following organs in ruminants release HCl and pepsin enzyme?
(A) Rumen (B) Reticulum
(C) Omassum (D) Abomassum
16. The energy currency of our cell/body is–
(A) NAD (B) GTP
(C) AMP (D) ATP
17. To study the evolutionary kingdoms, which one of the following will be very useful–
(A) Fossils (B) Missing links
(C) Connecting links (D) All of these
18. The Consolidated Fund of india is around in which–
(A) all taxes collected by the Union as well as State Governments are deposited
(B) all money received by or on behalf of the Government of India is deposited
(C) the Union as well as State Governments make equal contribution to this fund and out of this, all charged expenses are met
(D) savings of the Union and State Governments are deposited to meet unforeseen expenses
19. Who among the following have the rightto vote in the election to both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha?
(A) Elected members of the Lower House of the Parliament
(B) Elected members of the Upper House of the Parliament
(C) Elected members of the Upper House of the State Legislature
(D) Elected members of the Lower House of the State Legislature
20. Which one of the following statements regarding the office of the Speaker is correct?
(A) He holds office during the pleasure of the President
(B) He need not be a member of the house at the time of his election but has to become a member of the house within six months from the date of his election
(C) He loses his office if the house is dissolved before the end of its normal tenure
(D) If he intends to resign, the letter of his resignation is to be addressed to the Deputy Speaker
21. Five Year Plan in India is finally approved by–
(A) Union Cabinet (B) Council of Ministers
(C) Planning Commission (D) National Development Council
22. Inclusive growth as enunciated in the 11th Five Year Plan does not include one of the following–
(A) reduction of Poverty (B) extension of employment opportunities
(C) strengthening of capital market (D) reduction of gender inequality
23. Mount Merapi is located on which one of the islands?
(A) Java (B) Sumatra
(C) Borneo (D) Celebes
24. The Victoria Falls in Africa is located on which river?
(A) Zaire (B) Orange
(C) Zambezi (D) Niger
25. Through which one of the following were commercial activities of the East India Company finally put to an end?
(A) The Charter Act of 1793 (B) The Charter Act of 1813
(C) The Charter Act of 1833 (D) The Charter Act of 1853