1. With regard to the powers of the Rajya Sabha, which one among the following statements is not correct?
(A) A Money Bill cannot be introduced in the Rajya Sabha
(B) The Rajya Sabha has no power either to reject or amend Money Bill
(C) The Rajya Sabha cannot discuss the Annual Finance statement
(D) The Rajya Sabha has no power to vote on the Demands Grants
2. A scheduled bank is the one which is included in the–
(A) II Schedule of Banking Regulation Act (B) II Schedule of Constitution
(C) II Schedule of RBI Act (D) None of the above
3. What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI?
(A) Lion (B) Tiger
(C) Panther (D) Elephant
4. Diamond Ring is a phenomenon observed–
(A) at the start of a total solar eclipse (B) at the end of a total solar eclipse
(C) only along the peripheral regions of the totality trail (D) only in the central regions of the totality trail
5. The imaginary line on the Earth's surface that closely follows the 180° Meridian is–
(A) Prime Meridian (B) Equator
(C) International Date Line (D) Tropic of Cancer
6. Which of the following rulers defeated the Huna ruler, Mihira Kula?
(A) Skanda Gupta (B) Buddha Gupta
(C) Narasimha Gupta (D) Yasodharman
7. Which one amongst the following is the oldest dynasty?
(A) Pallava Dynasty (B) Chola Dynasty
(C) Maurya Dynasty (D) Gupta Dynasty
8. In which country is the committee which selects winners for Nobel Peace Prize located?
(A) Norway (B) Sweden
(C) Finland (D) Denmark
9. The largest grant of villages to temples and brahmanas was given by the ruling dynasty known as–
(A) The Guptas (B) The Palas
(C) Rashtrakutas (D) Pratiharas
10. Pulkasin II defeated Harshavardhan on the bank of the river–
(A) Godavari (B) Narmada
(C) Tapti (D) Mahanadi
11. Along which one of the following meridians did India experience the first light of the Sunrise of the new millennium?
(A) 2°30'West (B) 82°30'East
(C) 92°30'West (D) 92°30'East
12. Which of the following vitamins is required for the maturation of erythrocytes in human beings?
(A) Vitamin A (B) Vitamin B12
(C) Vitamin D (D) Vitamin B5
13. The biological species concept of organisms is based on–
(A) morphological traits (B) evolutionry traits
(C) reproductive isolation (D) geographical isolation
14. Which of the following cannot determine phylogenetic relationships among the organisms?
(A) Biogeography (B) Embryology
(C) Physiology (D) Morphology
15. Which one of the following statements regarding Judiciary in India is not correct?
(A) District Courts in India are presided over by a Judge
(B) The District and Session Judge is the principal court of civil jurisdiction
(C) The Munsiff's Court has both civil and Criminal Jurisdiction
(D) The District and Session Judge has the power to impose capital punishment
16. Which one of the following jurisdictions of the Indian Judiciary covers Public Interest Litigation?
(A) Original Jurisdiction (B) Appellate Jurisdiction
(C) Epistolary Jurisdiction (D) Advisory Jurisdiction
17. In which of the following years was the Planning Commission set up in India?
(A) 1947 (B) 1948
(C) 1949 (D) 1950
18. Which one of the following was the chairman of the Committee on Pricing and Taxation of Petroleum products?
(A) Raja J Chelliah (B) C Rangarajan
(C) Y V Reddy (D) Abid Hussain
19. For regulation of the insurance trade in the country the Government has formed–
(A) SEBI (B) RBI
(C) IRDA (D) GIC
20. The distance between two consecutive longitudes (91° E and 92° E) at the Poles is–
(A) 0 km (B) 18 km
(C) 25 km (D) 111 km
21. If news is broadcast from London at 10:30 am, at what time it will be heard at Baghdad (45°E)?
(A) 7:30 am (B) 9:00 am
(C) 1:30 am (D) 12:00 Noon
22. The rare work on architecture Samarangana Sutradhara was written by–
(A) Jayasimha S'iddharaja (B) Bhoja Paramara
(C) Mihirabhoja (D) Peddana
23. The main elements of Akbar's Rajput policy were–
(A) the establishment of matrimonial alliances with the Rajputs
(B) the grant of full autonomy and protection to the Rajput states
(C) the appointment of Rajput chiefs as Mansabdars and Governors
(D) All of the above
24. Who among the following wrote "The Communist Manifesto" along with Karl Marx?
(A) Emile Durkheim (B) Friedrich Engels
(C) Robert Owen (D) Max Weber
25. Who among the following Mughal Emperors had the longest reign?
(A) Bahadur Shah (B) Jahandar Shah
(C) Farrukhsiyar (D) Muhammad Shah