1. How many microspore mother cells are needed to produce 100 pollen grains in the angiosperm cells?
(A) 25 cells (B) 75 cells
(C) 50 cells (D) 100 cells
2. Mosquito can be a vector for following diseases except–
(A) yellow fever (B) dengue fever
(C) filaria (D) kala-azar
3. Which among the following is the exclusive jurisdiction of the State Governments?
(A) Corporation Tax (B) Customs duty Tax
(C) Sales Tax (D) Income Tax
4. Which one of the following political theories advocate the withering away of the State?
(A) Capitalism (B) Fascism
(C) Marxism (D) Democratic Socialism
5. The entry 'Public health and Sanitation' is included in the Constitution of India in–
(A) Union List (B) State List
(C) Concurrent List (D) None of these
6. The new base year of newly constituted Wholesale Price Index on recommendation of Abhijit Sen Committee is–
(A) 2000-01 (B) 2002-03
(C) 2004-05 (D) 2005-06
7. By which year will India be able to secure full membership in the 'Financial Action Task Force' (FATF)?
(A) 2009 (B) 2010
(C) 2011 (D) 2012
8. Granite and Basalt are the examples of which of the following?
(A) Sedimentary rocks (B) Metamorphic rocks
(C) Igneous rocks (D) Calcareous rocks
9. In which country is the active volcano Mount Merapi located?
(A) Philippines (B) Japan
(C) Indonesia (D) Italy
10. Which one of the following is not correct about the varna/caste system in the Gupta Age?
(A) The gradual elevation in the social position of the shudras
(B) The gradual decline in the social position of the vaishyas
(C) The antyajas lived outside the area inhabited by the upper-caste peoples
(D) Caste/varna mobility is not known
11. Which one of the following is not a play written by Kalidas?
(A) Malavikagnimitra (B) Daridra Charudatta
(C) Vikramorvashiya (D) Abhijnanshakuntala
12. Ms Reena Kaushal Dharmshaktu is the first Indian woman–
(A) to reach Antarctica (B) pilot inducted in Indian Air Force
(C) to ski to the South Pole (D) to win the gold medal in Asian Boxing Championship
13. Which of the following rulers was adorned with the tittle of "Maharadhiraja" (King of Kings)?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Kanishka
(C) Chandragupta I (D) Ashoka
14. Who among the following is credited with the invention of Algebra?
(A) Aryabhatta (B) Bhaskara
(C) Apastamba (D) Medhatithi
15. Xerophytic vegetation is a characteristic feature of–
(A) Chotanagpur (B) Khasi Hills
(C) rainfall (D) Eastern Hills
16. Which one among the following is used to induce lactation in sterile cows?
(A) Gonadotropin (B) Stilbesterol
(C) Vitamin- B6 (D) Cholesterol
17. Which one among the following is used to increase the flavour of tea in the tea processing industries?
(A) Bacilius subtilis (B) Bacilius megatherium
(C) Bacilius aceti (D) Bacilius radiciola
18. From which plant the "Turpentile oil" is extracted?
(A) Pinus (B) Fern
(C) Sunflower (D) Moss
19. What is the system of governance in the Panchayati Raj set up?
(A) Single tier structure of local self government at the village level
(B) Two tier system of local self government at the village and block levels
(C) Three tier structure of local self government at the village, block and district levels
(D) Four tier system of local self government at the village, block, district and state levels
20. Which one of the following is incorrect in respect of Local Government in India?
(A) According to the Indian Constitution, Local Government is not an independent tier in the federal system
(B) 30% of the seats in local bodies are reserved for women
(C) Local Government finances are to be provided by a commission
(D) Elections to local bodies are to be determined by a commission
21. Which of the following states has no Panchayati Raj Institution at all?
(A) Asom (B) Nagaland
(C) Tripura (D) Kerela
22. The period of 12th Five Year Plan is–
(A) 2007-2012 (B) 2012-2017
(C) 2009-2014 (D) 2010-2015
23. In which of the following Five Year Plan, the targeted growth rate was less than the actually achieved growth rate?
(A) Seventh Five Year Plan (B) Second Five Year Plan
(C) Third Five Year Plan (D) Fourth Five Year Plan
24. A biogeographic region with significant reservoir of biodiversity that is under threat from humans is called as–
(A) bioendangered region (B) biodiversity hotspot
(C) biodiversity reservoir (D) environmentally endangered region
25. No tress are found in Tundra biome near polar region of northen hemisphere. This is due to–
(A) snowfall inhibits plant respiration
(B) frozen ice beneath the surface soil (permafrost) restricts root growth
(C) less wind movement and inadequate sunlight
(D) low temperature which restricts development of reproductive organs