1. A meteor is–
(A) a rapidly moving star (B) a piece of matter which has entered the Earth's atmosphere from outer space
(C) part of a constellation (D) a comet without a tail
2. Which of the following two countries are separated by the 49th parallel?
(A) North Korea and South Korea (B) South Africa and Zimbabwe
(C) USA and Canada (D) France and Germany
3. Who among the following leaders dominated the Lucknow Pact in December, 1916?
(A) Jawahar lal Nehru (B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Motilal Nehru (D) Madan Mohan Malaviya
4. MC Setalwad BN Rao and Alladi Krishanswamy lyer were distinguished member of the–
(A) Swaraj Party (B) All India National Liberal Federation
(C) Madras Labour Union (D) Servants of India Society
5. Who authored the Declaration of Independence (USA)?
(A) George Washington (B) Benjamin Franklin
(C) Thomas Jefferson (D) Calvin Coolidge
6. Which animal figures most in the cave paintings of Mesolithic age?
(A) Buffalo (B) Deer
(C) Tiger (D) Chinkara
7. From which one of the following Mesolithic sites charred and corbonised grains of wild rice embedded in the burnt clay remains of wattle and daub walls of huts, has been discovered?
(A) Chopani Mando (B) Mahadaha
(C) Barkaccha (D) Langhanaj
8. Which one of the following mountain chains has two dissimilar types of vegetation on its two Slopes?
(A) Aravallis (B) Vindhyas
(C) Eastern Ghats (D) Western Ghats
9. Which of the following vitamin is helpful for treatment of viral infection?
(A) Vitamin C (B) Vitamin A
(C) Vitamin B12 (D) Vitamin K
10. In the mouth of a rabbit, diastema is a gap between–
(A) the premolar and molar (B) the canine and premolar
(C) the incisor and heek teeth (D) the incisor and canine
11. When a colour blind male marries a normal woman not carrying the gene for colour blindness, their offspring will be–
(A) normal sons and normal daughters (B) normal sons and carrier daughters
(C) normal daughters and colour blind sons (D) colour blind sons and carrier daughters
12. Question in Hour in the Parliament refers to–
(A) the lunch hour after the sitting (B) the last hour of the sitting
(C) the last hour of the sitting (D) the second hour of the sitting
13. The state which has the largest number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha is–
(A) Bihar (B) Gujarat
(B) Uttar Pradesh (D) Madhya Pradesh
14. In a democracy, individual differences are encouraged because–
(A) individuals will place the good of the nation ahead of their own preferences
(B) individuals will tend to act and think alike in the long run
(C) individual differences make for diverse beneficial contributions to the common cause
(D) the constitution guarantees the individual to act as he pleases
15. Which of the following committees examined and suggested financial sector reforms?
(A) Abid Hussain Committee (B) Bhagwati Committee
(C) Chelliah Committee (D) Narasimham Committee
16. Which committee was set up to review the concept of the poverty line?
(A) S Tendulkar Committee (B) Lakdawala Committee
(C) Wanchoo Committee (D) Dutt Committee
17. Among the following sedimentary rocks, which one is of organic origin?
(A) Gypsum (B) Limestone
(C) Nitre (D) Rock Salt
18. Which one of the following cities is located on the bank of the Irrawady river?
(A) Bangkok (B) Hanoi
(C) Manila (D) Yangon
19. Which one of the following statements is not true about the Chalcolithic cultures of India?
(A) They were primarily communities in the hilly and riverine areas
(B) They mostly used stone and copper objects and occasionally low grade bronze
(C) A large number of them appeared after the end of the bronze Harappan culture
(D) They were restricted to the Ganga-Yamuna doab and foothills of the Himalayas
20. At which one of the following Neolithic sites, the evidence of the unique practice of burying the dogs with their masters in the caves has been found?
(A) Burzahom (B) Piklihal
(C) Gufkral (D) Chirand
21. Who among the following is the Commonwealth Secretary General?
(A) Rajiv Chandran (B) Kamlesh Sharma
(C) Shashi Tharoor (D) Shiv Shankar Mukherjee
22. Which one of the following cultures is influenced by Harappan culture?
(A) Malwa Culture (B) Jorwe Culture
(C) Kayatha Culture (D) Megalithic Culture
23. The Vaishyas came to join the fold of the peasantry in the post Gupta period on account of–
(A) restrictions on free trade (B) localisation of economy
(C) decline of trade and commerce (D) decline of money economy
24. According to question ten, the mountain chain has two dissimilar type of vegetation because of–
(A) rainfall (B) humidity
(C) sunlight (D) All of these
25. Which of the following vector spreads the ksala- azar in human beings?
(A) Mosquito (B) Sand fly
(C) House fly (D) Ticks